Nine Inch Nails - Ghost I-IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Aykroyd

Super Freak
Reaction score
If anyone has been following the 'new distribution methods' for music lately - Trent has again outdone himself. Now that's he's not stuck under a label - he has some freedom to try new things, hence nin.com 's new release of GHOSTS I-IV. The music is (as always) definitely worth checking out (there hasn't been anything this robust since the fragile) - but moreover, the distribution is worth checking out as well.

Here's a blurb from the OFFICIAL torrent --- where you can get GHOSTS I (the first 9 songs - high quality - for free - legally)

Nine Inch Nails: Ghosts I (2008)

This torrent is an official upload from Nine Inch Nails.

We're very proud to present a new collection of instrumental music, Ghosts I-IV. +Almost two hours of music recorded over an intense ten week period last fall, Ghosts I-IV sprawls Nine Inch Nails across a variety of new terrain.

Now that we're no longer constrained by a record label, we've decided to personally upload Ghosts I, the first of the four volumes, to various torrent sites, because we believe BitTorrent is a revolutionary digital distribution method, and we believe in finding ways to utilize new technologies instead of fighting them.

We encourage you to share the music of Ghosts I with your friends, post it on your website, play it on your podcast, use it for video projects, etc. +It's licensed for all non-commercial use under Creative Commons.

We've also made a 40 page PDF book to accompany the album. +If you'd like to download it for free, visit https://ghosts.nin.com/main/pdf

Ghosts I is the first part of the 36 track collection Ghosts I-IV. +Undoubtedly you'll be able to find the complete collection on the same torrent network you found this file, but if you're interested in the release, we encourage you to check it out at ghosts.nin.com, where the complete Ghosts I-IV is available directly from us in a variety of DRM-free digital formats, including FLAC lossless, for only $5. +You can also order it on CD, or as a deluxe package with multitrack audio files, high definition audio on Blu-ray disc, and a large hard-bound book.

We genuinely appreciate your support, and hope you enjoy the new music. +Thanks for listening.

https://ghosts.nin.com

pretty awesome! I ordered the 2 disc set/with download but I'm having some trouble with the download. I'm sure it'll get resolved.

I always wanted an instrumental album from NIN. Some of my favorite stuff of Trent's. I was not a fan of Year Zero, but this sounds very good.

Trev

I would have never even know thanks for posting this.

Did you pick up 'Still' when it came out Trev?
I cant wait to get my hands on the multi tracks for this!! :chew

I did indeed! one of my FAVORITES!

still haven't been able to download this...I'm thinking I won't hear from customer service for a day or two...oh well.... It'll be a treat when I can download it.

Trev

I would have never even know thanks for posting this.

No problem! Ive been following the distribution war / Trents attempts with Saul Williams and I find it extremely fascinating. I wonder if this new release might actually change the way we see the big producers selling albums in the near future?

Thanks for the info, LA!

Yeah, the site is loading very slowly, but I was able to order the 2 disc set, but the free download failed. I guess I'll wait awhile to get that.

I think along with Radiohead, The Eagles and Paul McCartney (to name a few), Trent is showing that big labels really aren't needed. I'm just surprised he's releasing new material so soon. It usually takes him years.

Thanks for posting about this, I haven't been keeping up with it at all. I'm glad they made a method for all us dinosaurs to buy physical discs, I still don't own a MP3 player. I'll definitely buy the 2 disc set when the site calms down a bit.

I think along with Radiohead, The Eagles and Paul McCartney (to name a few), Trent is showing that big labels really aren't needed. I'm just surprised he's releasing new material so soon. It usually takes him years.

Lables and in short, record stores. I've only bought a handfull of real release cd's in the last 8 years. All others have been mp3 downloads.

This is awesome!!!! I check the nin site every other day and have been waiting for something new. Ordered the 2 cd set and the deluxe package with the blurray and the data disc.

woohoo!!!!!

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Last edited:
I have been a little disppointed with the two CD's that followed The Fragile. Not sure if I want to get this w/o hearing it first.

I don't know if you can really top the fragile. That is a masterpiece. The last two albums are different listens imo, but still very very good. When I have time I will definitely check this out. Now then get your a$$es on tour!!

I don't know if you can really top the fragile. That is a masterpiece. The last two albums are different listens imo, but still very very good. When I have time I will definitely check this out. Now then get your a$$es on tour!!

Well, I loved Pretty Hate Machine, Broken, Fixed, The Downward Spiral, The Fragile and the countless "remix" CD's that came out as well. It's just my opinion that anything post "Fragile" has been pretty average so far.

The new work is certainly more like 'still' than the fragile - but its BIG - 30+ tracks definately hasn't been done for a long time.

Thanks for the heads up Aykroyd - I would have known nothing about this if it weren't for your post. I'm downloading my free tracks as I type this. Awesome deal!

Pretty Hate Machine remains my favorite and actually I was just thinking the other day that I hadn't heard anything from NIN in a while. I haven't paid too much attention since downward spiral, but it sounds like I should check out the Fragile since most of you are giving that raves here. This download marks my first new NIN music in some time so I'm going to enjoy it and see if I want to purchase the actual CD's.

I like this style of music distribution though - a free sample and then various options for actual product, price points and purchasing. Cool.

The Fragile can't be beat! I think Reznor was making his best stuff though when he was suffering from addiction....I'm thrilled he's cleaned up and still out there doing his thing. NIN live is an awesome experience!

I would look at Ghost as stuff you can turn on in the background when you need to concentrate on something. It's pretty shapeless, as the name suggests. :)

Trev

I do like The Fragile but The Downward Spiral is just perfection. With Teeth and Year Zero both were good, but I like YZ a bit more.
Now off to buy Ghost! :D

Last edited:
just finished listening to all 4 albums. sheer brilliance! i have a feeling this album is going to get better and better everytime i listen to it.

Back