Nightcrawler Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
0th6uNi.jpg

Oh yeah! I've been waiting a looooong time for this. Big props to sideshow for giving us Crawler in his classic costume. Would like to see a switch out classic portrait with his shorter hair. Also, hope this comes with switch out hands without the swords. This is basically a must have for me. Everything looks good so far. Now all I need is for sideshow to give us us a classic Byrne Cyclops and Storm to complete my X-MEN lineup. I know they already released a classic Storm but I'm really not a big fan of it.

I just realized that it's been a while since SS showed a Marvel or DC PF. Either that or I've just been completely disinterested. This one looks quite good. Not getting many statues these days, but may order this one.

Looks like this is going up for PO on Thursday. REG is $595 and EX is $615. I haven't POd anything directly from sideshow since 2019 (EX Green Arrow PF). This will be a MUST HAVE for me.

I cracked and POd the EX today. Wanted to wait until the ES was announced. However, this was a MUST have piece for me and I spent the last of my rewards before they expired at the end of this month. Now it's just the waiting game.

I cracked and POd the EX today. Wanted to wait until the ES was announced. However, this was a MUST have piece for me and I spent the last of my rewards before they expired at the end of this month. Now it's just the waiting game.
What's going on Filip the old heads of the hobby not purchasing too much these days?

What's going on Filip the old heads of the hobby not purchasing too much these days?
What's up IL?! Yeah, it's been real quiet around these parts lately. I've got a few items on PO. I'm getting the 1/3 P1 Ledger Joker and Fabok Batman. Also picking up the new Cap and Nightcrawler PFs. I've slowed down a bit and I'm waiting on characters I want to get made. A classic Byrne Cyclops and Storm will finish off my 1/4 X-MEN. A Martian Manhunter PF finishes off my JL lineup. Lastly, a classic Deathstroke, Two Face, and Ra's al Ghul would finish off my Bats lineup. I'm running real low on space so those are pretty much the only characters I'm looking to get down the line. After those pieces get released, I won't be buying much of anything either.

Considering this one. Anyone think the final version will not be as detailed? Apologies, I am new to statues but not 1/6 figures.

Considering this one. Anyone think the final version will not be as detailed? Apologies, I am new to statues but not 1/6 figures.
What you see is what you're going to get as far as details in the sculpt are concerned. Sideshow's biggest QC problems usually boil down to iffy paint apps and wonky eyes. Since his eyes are all yellow, there should not be any issues with them. Paint apps are hit or miss but I personally haven't had any paint issues in years. Sideshow is usually really good about replacing statues that are broken or have terrible paint apps.

Fantastic pics IL! This looks like it turned out great. Getting mine on Monday. Can't wait to add him to my X-MEN lineup.

Wow, the colors really pop on this piece. It's an incredible PF. My only nitpicks are the seams in the "bamf" smoke and the lack of a switch out Byrne portrait. That said, the portrait on this piece at least looks great. I'm very happy with how this turned out and I'm beyond thrilled to finally have a 1/4 Nightcrawler in my collection. Gotta give sideshow a tip of the hat. I'm really digging their current art direction of late. Just a lot of good classic comic accurate statues being pumped out lately. Here's a few quick picks of Kurt.

Attachments

• 20221024_125009.jpg
    20221024_125009.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221024_125022.jpg
    20221024_125022.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221024_125039.jpg
    20221024_125039.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221024_125050.jpg
    20221024_125050.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221024_130344.jpg
    20221024_130344.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221024_130255.jpg
    20221024_130255.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221024_130205.jpg
    20221024_130205.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 0
Now I'm just hoping sideshow releases a classic Byrne Cyclops and another classic Storm. I'd love to see variants of the recent Lee Cyclops and Storm PFs converted into classic Byrne/Cockrum PFs.

Back