Night of the Living Dead....finally!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my. Can Dawn be far behind??

Possibly. Isnt NOTLD public domain and as such, there are probably little or no royalties to pay? I know everybody and their brother has a dvd release in varying degrees of quality. NOTLD may have no royalites involved. Anybody know for certain? I know Dawn 's copyright was always renewed and never went PD. :confused:

Possibly. Isnt NOTLD public domain and as such, there are probably little or no royalties to pay? I know everybody and their brother has a dvd release in varying degrees of quality. NOTLD may have no royalites involved. Anybody know for certain? I know Dawn 's copyright was always renewed and never went PD. :confused:

Well, dunno. PD or no, 2 of those 3 actors are alive, and they'd have a cas regarding likeness rights. But sure, I'll bet these licenses were cheaper than Dawn would be.

I'm not that big a fan of the original one. I respect the hell out of it and understand it's significance but I'm not that big on it. I'd love for a Tar Man or a Fulci (worm eye) zombi to be released.

Well, dunno. PD or no, 2 of those 3 actors are alive, and they'd have a cas regarding likeness rights. But sure, I'll bet these licenses were cheaper than Dawn would be.

You know, I am glad you brought this up. I thought Bill Hinzman was the only one still with us of the three. I didn't know Ms. O'dea was still with us. The years have been kind to her. Very elegant looking lady.

On another note...did you know there has been a remake of NOTLD besides the Savini version? Its in 3-d. I'm looking for anyone that might have seen it so they can tell me if its worth a view or if it, you know...sucks.:rolleyes:

Rondo Hatton, the Creeper!

Nightmare Theatre host Zacherley!

OMG! Are DopeyBenny and I the only ones old enough to know who these are?? Zacherley was on the covers of two of the earliest issues of Famous Monsters...I'm gonna guess #7 and #15...

OMG! Are DopeyBenny and I the only ones old enough to know who these are?? Zacherley was on the covers of two of the earliest issues of Famous Monsters...I'm gonna guess #7 and #15...

No. I am among those same ranks. I saw Zach just recently at the Wonderfest in KY. As for Rondo, I like him...but I don't know if I would buy a figure. We'll see. Although I enjoyed the Brute Man in particular and his all too brief career as a whole. As for FM, my dad and I had an entire run and looked through them all the time until we hit hard times and had to sell. I too grew up on all of these classics. I also prefer them over anything being done now, and miss the old days of late night horror show hosts such as The Cool Ghoul, Sammy Terry and DR. Creep.... also Bob Wilkins (when we lived in California). So..... you are not alone.

Sometime in the new year.....no word on price.........................Larry

100_0001.jpg

Not really a fan of horror movies, but I am excited that there is another company producing 1/6th scale figures. A friend of mine was at the Chiller show and apparently the hand to the left of the Ben figure is a 1/4 scale PF style Elvira figure. It will be interesting to see what else this company has up their sleeves.

I know I know - dem kids today with their crazy slashers and SAW movies!!
Ya can have yer Zombies figures all to yourselves...
I would own a Rondo Hatton figure for the pure NOVELTY of the fact. We're talking b-movie under the radar screen / tv personalities here. I'm sure illustrator / cartoonist Drew Friedman will be very excited if he hears about those figures. His National Lampoon strips about Rondo were where I discovered the actor. All we need now is a Tor Johnson and we're set!

These figures look great so far but i'm holding off for the time being. I'll probably cave and buy Barbara though...

Hmmm... the sculpt looks great, but whats with the doll hands? They really detract from the figure. Hopefully it looks better, currently on the fence about this one.

Back