Nicolas Cage losing homes - and he likes Monster art!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nicolascagecansuckit.jpg

:lol:rotfl

Last edited:
I don't understand why making money is considered such a bad thing these days... I say "more power to him".

Anyway, any comments on the Monster art?

I think it's moreso expecting us to have sympathy for a man who makes millions with every picture. BTW, he's got 10 projects lined up for 2010, likely to rake in millions more, so I wouldn't worry too much about Mr. Cage.

I think it's moreso expecting us to have sympathy for a man who makes millions with every picture.

My point exactly! Why should it matter to anyone whether or not he makes hundreds, thousands, millions or billions on a picture? After all, we still live in a free-enterprise, capitalistic society.

Now, whether he chooses to invest the money wisely... well, that's a different story. But, I'm not going to begrudge the guy for making money.

I think it's moreso expecting us to have sympathy for a man who makes millions with every picture.

Thats exactly what it is. I don't care if he makes money but just don't expect me to feel bad if he loses it. And I have known about his love for comics ever since I heard about how bad he wanted to be Ghost Rider.. I think its cool that hes kind of one of us too.

BEST PIC EVER! :rock :rock :rock :rock

You should have drug your butt across it like little dogs do on the carpet, ya know, how p!tu does it.

F U CAGE! You suck and so do your movies, except Raising Arizona, which was clearly a fluke.

Cage=BIG CACA!

I did something better than that King....
I actually DID f'n dropped a deuce on his f'n star! True Story:lecture

and yeah F U Cage and ur shiiitty Ghost Rider movie! B1tch!

Anyway, any comments on the Monster art?

I dunno anything about the art Scary :huh...sorry:monkey3

My point exactly! Why should it matter to anyone whether or not he makes hundreds, thousands, millions or billions on a picture? After all, we still live in a free-enterprise, capitalistic society.

Now, whether he chooses to invest the money wisely... well, that's a different story. But, I'm not going to begrudge the guy for making money.

Then why did you title the thread that way? The way it's worded, you make it seem as if we're supposed to feel sorry for a fellow monster art collector who's having to sell his homes because he's got soooo much money, he can't take care of his own finances and hired a crooked d**k to do it for him. :dunno

I have no issue with his money making. I have an issue with his ????ty acting in his ????ty movies he makes.

Oh. And his hair. They should take that too.

Then why did you title the thread that way?

"Nicolas Cage losing homes"... Well, the way that's worded, it could make an intelligent person think, "Good, I'm glad that SOB is losing his homes". Conversely, another intelligent person could think, "Gee, I'm sorry such a fine actor is losing his homes".

... "and he likes Monster art". Again, anyone with half a brain might think, "Oh, hell, that's all we need: a loser like Nic Cage who likes Monster art" or some other Einstein who says, "Wow, that's cool that such a famous actor also likes Monster art".

So, please forgive me for not titling the thread to meet your expectations. Actually, I ran across the article about Nic Cage losing his homes (hence, the portion of the title "Nicolas Cage losing homes". Then I happened to notice some Monster art on his walls (hence the remainder of the title "and he likes Monster art".

I injected my thoughts and feelings on the matter in the original post and I was hoping to garner some provocative discussion on the matter concerning his taste for Monster art. I still can't tell if the one painting is Mr. Hyde or London After Midnight (or perhaps something else entirely).

I've also learned from this thread that he once had one of the finest comic book collections in the U.S. Interesting, indeed.

"Nicolas Cage losing homes"... Well, the way that's worded, it could make an intelligent person think, "Good, I'm glad that SOB is losing his homes". Conversely, another intelligent person could think, "Gee, I'm sorry such a fine actor is losing his homes".

... "and he likes Monster art". Again, anyone with half a brain might think, "Oh, hell, that's all we need: a loser like Nic Cage who likes Monster art" or some other Einstein who says, "Wow, that's cool that such a famous actor also likes Monster art".

So, please forgive me for not titling the thread to meet your expectations. Actually, I ran across the article about Nic Cage losing his homes (hence, the portion of the title "Nicolas Cage losing homes". Then I happened to notice some Monster art on his walls (hence the remainder of the title "and he likes Monster art".

I injected my thoughts and feelings on the matter in the original post and I was hoping to garner some provocative discussion on the matter concerning his taste for Monster art. I still can't tell if the one painting is Mr. Hyde or London After Midnight (or perhaps something else entirely).

I've also learned from this thread that he once had one of the finest comic book collections in the U.S. Interesting, indeed.

Kirk Hammett is also an avid Universal Horror fanatic.

Here's a picture of one of Nicolas Cage's homes in New Orleans that is going back to the bank. Notice on the left a picture of either Mr. Hyde or London After Midnight (one of you freaks can clear that up). On the right are pictures of Karloff/Frankenstein and Lugosi/Dracula!

Nic Cage is one of us!!!!

80612.jpg

Hi! The picture you were wondering about is indeed Lon Chaney from London After Midnight, painted by the master, Basil Gogos. Though some might think at first glance it is from FM#20 (and reprinted again in FM#69, Creepy, Psycho...), it's actually the cover of Monsterscene #2 from '94. It was again reprinted later for the cover of the softcover version of Famous Monster Movie Art of Basil Gogos.

Gogos offered 1000 signed prints of that painting, but it looks like Cage probably has the original art on his wall.

Hope that helps!

...Apparentlty he once also used to have one of the finest wig collections in the U.S

nic is ok with me. i don't have a problem with the guy.

I don't think anybody else does either. We just don't feel sorry for him loosing his home and having to sell investments. Which apparently, thread title notwithstanding, was a misunderstanding by everyone except the OP as to the thread's intent. :lol

I don't think anybody else does either. We just don't feel sorry for him loosing his home and having to sell investments. Which apparently, thread title notwithstanding, was a misunderstanding by everyone except the OP as to the thread's intent. :lol

Except me and King Darkness....we have problems with his existence! :lecture

Hi! The picture you were wondering about is indeed Lon Chaney from London After Midnight, painted by the master, Basil Gogos. Though some might think at first glance it is from FM#20 (and reprinted again in FM#69, Creepy, Psycho...), it's actually the cover of Monsterscene #2 from '94. It was again reprinted later for the cover of the softcover version of Famous Monster Movie Art of Basil Gogos.

Gogos offered 1000 signed prints of that painting, but it looks like Cage probably has the original art on his wall.

Hope that helps!
Thanks, Le Fantome! I thought it might be London After Midnight, but I wasn't sure. It would be nice to own one of the 1000 signed prints, not to mention the original!!!

Back