NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FedEx Field was the absolute worst. I've had much better times at high school games.

Well when you consider it was my first experience it was amazing to me.
I'd never experienced a proper game live like that, the Tailgate & atmosphere was unreal, I loved every second of it...well apart from losing...but that's almost a given lately, a little less common in 2007 but I've been getting used to it ;)

I will definitely be doing it again, hoping to get back there soon.

Well when you consider it was my first experience it was amazing to me.
I'd never experienced a proper game live like that, the Tailgate & atmosphere was unreal, I loved every second of it...well apart from losing...but that's almost a given lately, a little less common in 2007 but I've been getting used to it ;)

I will definitely be doing it again, hoping to get back there soon.

If you are into basketball you should go to a Wizards game. Amazing arena and experience. Good food all around and just amazing place to be.

If you are into basketball you should go to a Wizards game. Amazing arena and experience. Good food all around and just amazing place to be.

I actually wanted to go to a Wizards game when I was there in 2007 but it snowed during the week & as I was travelling alone, didn't have a ticket & wasn't really too sure of my surroundings didn't go...will definitely the next time I'm there though

I actually wanted to go to a Wizards game when I was there in 2007 but it snowed during the week & as I was travelling alone, didn't have a ticket & wasn't really too sure of my surroundings didn't go...will definitely the next time I'm there though

We have scheduled to go to the Wizards game on next month as a Dude's Day Out. We'll be doing some shopping, eating, and bowling. There is a mall connected to the arena as well as surrounding shops and Chinatown. Lots of fun. I'll be sure to take more pictures and better pictures this time.

We have scheduled to go to the Wizards game on next month as a Dude's Day Out. We'll be doing some shopping, eating, and bowling. There is a mall connected to the arena as well as surrounding shops and Chinatown. Lots of fun. I'll be sure to take more pictures and better pictures this time.

Sounds like a lot of fun.
I'd hit up Chinatown for some authentic dim sum. :rock

Will hopefully be getting the Dolphins tickets.
My bro is a Dolphins fan so that will be his birthday present sorted this year :)

I was tempted to get the Season ticket but not sure I'd have wanted to see all 3 games (especially when I need to buy 4 sets at a time) so decided to just go the once this year.

I'm still hoping to get back out to Washington in the next year or so to see the Redskins again so better to save towards that where it's about a billion times better than what passeds for the UK games.

Neil

Obviously an NFL Game in the US would be better, but the atmosphere at the Wembley games has always been great in my experience. I've been to 3 NFL International Series games at Wembley now (Giants v Dolphins in 2007, Bears v Buccaneers in 2011, and 49ers v Jaguars in 2013) and I have noticed that the atmosphere has been getting better and better each time. The game has really increased in popularity in the UK.

So was anybody successful in getting tickets this morning? I managed to get 5 tickets for Dolphins v Raiders and 3 tickets for Lions v Falcons. I was tempted by the Cowboys game but I already saw the Jaguars last year.

Obviously an NFL Game in the US would be better, but the atmosphere at the Wembley games has always been great in my experience. I've been to 3 NFL International Series games at Wembley now (Giants v Dolphins in 2007, Bears v Buccaneers in 2011, and 49ers v Jaguars in 2013) and I have noticed that the atmosphere has been getting better and better each time. The game has really increased in popularity in the UK.

Oh yeah I do love the UK games went to the first 3 myself & enjoyed the atmosphere in game
I just never really got into their pre-game build up & just avoided it

It's really helped get more exposure in the UK which can only be a good thing IMO

I did actually go to one of the old friendlies as well way back in 90 I think it was (Saints vs Raiders) & then to all the Home games for the London Monarchs as well.

So was anybody successful in getting tickets this morning? I managed to get 5 tickets for Dolphins v Raiders and 3 tickets for Lions v Falcons. I was tempted by the Cowboys game but I already saw the Jaguars last year.

I actually forgot about it tbh
I had a mental day at work & you just reminded me...had a look & only nosebleeds left now & no way I'm getting them
Might have to go for the season tickets at this rate...just need to make sure everyone is up for it first

Neil

Hopefully it's a good game either way. Though after an event this week I just really am not feeling all gung go about a football game.

I'm kind of torn about the Seahawks v 49ers game. Part of me wants San Francisco to win because they've got to the NFC Championship Game for 3 seasons in a row now and I would like them to get a chance to win another Super Bowl. On the other hand, Seattle have played brilliant football this season and the franchise deserves it's first Super Bowl.

As for the Broncos v Patriots game, I would like Denver to win.

I'm kind of torn about the Seahawks v 49ers game. Part of me wants San Francisco to win because they've got to the NFC Championship Game for 3 seasons in a row now and I would like them to get a chance to win another Super Bowl. On the other hand, Seattle have played brilliant football this season and the franchise deserves it's first Super Bowl.

As for the Broncos v Patriots game, I would like Denver to win.

They had their chance last year when they went to the Super Bowl.

You're a 9ers fan?

Yeah, I've been watching them with my brother (who lives near you). :)
They've got a ********* QB, but whatever. He's winning games for the team.

It must be gold and red all over the place where you are.

At any rate, you know where my heart lies. Check out my sig. ;)

Love your avatar by the way! :rotfl

Back