NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was pretty funny. Aside from Donovan McNabb and a few years of Daunte Culpepper's career there was a ton of mediocrity.

I was just going to mention him. Culpepper would have been the MVP in '04 if not for the ridiculous season Peyton Manning had.

But man were there a lot of busts from '99 including Cade McNown of the Bears.

In '99 the Pats 7th round pick was QB Michael Bishop who many people really pushed to replace Bledsoe.

Good thing they got that skinny kid out of Michigan at the next year's draft.:lol

Will be interesting to see the crowd reaction tonight with the old refs back.

Something tells me it might ugly for Mr. Goodell when he presents the Super Bowl trophy down in New Orleans. :lol

Yes, I think at this point Roger has earned himself the Bettman treatment.

Not the dreaded "Bettman treatment." :lol

It's amazing that somehow in the 4 major sports Bud Selig is the best commissioner of the bunch.:horror

That's a frightening thought. That guy is still dragging his feet on a more expansive replay system. :gah:

I think it literally will take a death before these players change the way they play. Maybe a couple of deaths even. And I belief we will see one in the next couple years.

What a good game last night! So nice seeing real officiating. It wasn't perfect, but then it never is. Good to see it called down the middle and just letting them play.

Props to Cleveland for hanging in blow-for-blow on the road with Baltimore. They looked tough! They keep building off that game and they won't be the AFC North beat-up boys much longer.

And watching that game I can't help but be impressed with Torrey Smith. He's really refining his game and becoming a serious threat, instead of just a speedy deep-ball receiver. And man do I want Ngata in Pittsburgh! I think he's the most dominant D lineman in the NFL right now. He doesn't have the sexy stats because of being in a 3-4, but he just destroys the opponents offense lines.

Wonder if Cribs thinks the league's safer with the old refs?

That was BS there. He could've pulled up some before hitting Cribbs like that. And Cribbs is the only Brown I like. Great return-man, good leader for that team and all-around classy guy. I've got absolutely nothing negative to say about Cribbs.

That was BS there. He could've pulled up some before hitting Cribbs like that. And Cribbs is the only Brown I like. Great return-man, good leader for that team and all-around classy guy. I've got absolutely nothing negative to say about Cribbs.

Ahhh that's right. It was a "Raven". :slap:rotfl

Lots of players would go for that hit. Some regularly in black and yellow. My point was about how everyone was saying the game will be safer with real refs and it took less then a quarter to have a player KOed with a hit to the head and no flag.

In reality the game will never be safe until players have respect for their fellow players and not go after the head.

I am not saying this guy did he did appear upset and worried about Cribs when they showed him.

Thanks for that awful reminder. I still remember that ****** somehow got a McD's sponsorship. That commercial must've ran every commercial break of every channel in Chicago that season.

Cade McClown. :monkey4

Sorry for the bad memories. :lol

The Vikings biggest #1 draft pick bust was WR Troy Williamson in 2005. This was the guy who was suppose to replace Randy Moss.

There was one problem though. He couldn't catch the ball. :slap

Back