NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer offense and defense over special teams. If you have an issue with that. It is your issue and nobody else's.

You can prefer whatever you want. I don't care. My point is they have really changed the game in a bad way. I'm not alone in this. Even the announcers made jokes about it. That's what it is a joke. Next will be you aren't allowed to tackle the quarterback in the pocket. Your preference for offense and defense still doesn't change the majority view that the rule change is dumb.

You can prefer whatever you want. I don't care. My point is they have really changed the game in a bad way. I'm not alone in this. Even the announcers made jokes about it. That's what it is a joke. Next will be you aren't allowed to tackle the quarterback in the pocket. Your preference for offense and defense still doesn't change the majority view that the rule change is dumb.

the new rule sure does take some excitement away

The same could be said of Corey Dillon a few years ago. If he comes here and acts up then I'll be say you were right, but it's too early to say he'll be a problem. Branch has plenty of experience. Tate showed flashes last year, but has issues. Taylor Price could be a surprise with increased playing time. The two TEs figure heavily into the offense too.

As for the overall starting experience, yes, I agree with you, but they also went 14-2 last year. They flamed out miserably in the playoff game, but still were fine last year in the regular season. I don't think they'll achieve the same record this year, but the last one should have been a hell of learning experience for the young guys coming into this year.

Forgot they brought Branch back. But in the end, as long as they have Brady under center they are more than capable of winning any and every game. And I'm just hoping he doesn't kick the Steeler's rear ends again too bad this year, like pretty much every other time. He just has always had their number :(

Glad to see we're not even through the first week of pre-season football and whenever someone tries to make a point the grammar police send out their SWAT teams :lol

And what's really funny is the guy who starts that crap made this statement a few weeks ago;

I have an idea for everyone...how about let's start this year off with everybody NOT being _______s.

Ohhh the irony/hypocrisy :lol

Gonna be another long and fun season :yess:

Glad to see we're not even through the first week of pre-season football and whenever someone tries to make a point the grammar police send out their SWAT teams :lol

And what's really funny is the guy who starts that crap made this statement a few weeks ago;

Ohhh the irony/hypocrisy :lol

Gonna be another long and fun season :yess:

Hahaha! Fantastic! :yess::clap

OK...I'll recap real quick and then I am going to move on.

This new kickoff rule has absolutely got to go. This was horrible watching 9 out of 10 kicks sail in the end zone. I really hope they fix this rule. It's just downright unfootball. :(
BM makes an innocent comment.

I never really thought about it before...but I am not really a fan of the special teams. I would rather see the offenses and defenses line up at the 20 and get ____ started from there. So I really don't have an issue with it.

And yes I realize that the run back is a huge part of the game's history.

But I still am not all that enthusiastic about it.
DC makes an innocent comment

I know you have watched football. You lost all fan credit with that post. Special teams CAN win games. Players can also earn spots that way and have become great players because of it. :slap
BadMoon send a very minor flame as it is obvious by his emoticon that he is offended by DC's comment.

Did you mean credibility?
DC attempts to avert flame war by adding a little levity (I am perfectly aware how bad my own grammar is).

You know what I meant. Don't try to turn it into a "proper" English lesson because of your lame post. :rotfl
BadMoon escalates the flaming

I prefer offense and defense over special teams. If you have an issue with that. It is your issue and nobody else's.

DC makes another attempt to avert flame war as DC has long established himself in this thread and on this forum as being someone who is above such things.

BadMoon continues to be offended

Hahaha! Fantastic! :yess::clap
BadMoon continues to be offended.

Maybe I missed something.

I am very excited to see the Steelers play in Arizona this year. It has been like ten years since I have been able to watch them play at a stadium. There are some great seats on ebay right now but for way too much money. I have a feeling that I will be watching the game from the nosebleed seats. But no matter...I will be there. I may even spring for some of the more expensive seats. There are a few right behind the visitor sideline. But some of them are going for like 600.00 right now. Ouch. I may see how well I can do for 3 hundred or so, but a little closer to the actual game (which is likely to mean that I will get the same nosebleed seats that are 150.00 right now).

I don't think you are.

Do we really have to put IMO after every comment for people to realize these are opinions only. Unless someone here works for ESPN i wouldn't read too much into it.

Well then I will put it like this. In ESPN's various expert/host's opinions, the new kickoff rule is lame. :rotfl

Well then I will put it like this. In ESPN's various expert/host's opinions, the new kickoff rule is lame. :rotfl

I kind of think it is too but with all the crying they did last year over dirty hits and player safety, it looks like kick offs are only the beginning. I'm sure it will get worse before it gets better. I mean, I'm all for player safety but to an extent to pay a person 5-20 million dollars a year to throw/catch a ball, there should be some risk involved.

I realize kick offs are the most dangerous plays, but few things beat watching your team take it to the zone from 3 yards deep.

Great fan base, terrible ownership. Ralph probably needed the extra cash for another $8 million dollar finger painting.

Sad thing is, you're probably right.

Part of the reason Stevie Johnson(Why So Serious?) had such an amazing season is because of the double teams Evans drew.

Then critics will point out Evans drop in numbers. In which, as a Bills die hard, I will respond with: "Well, look at the fantastic quarterbacks Evans has had the privilege(pain?) to catch passes from:

1. JP Losman aka God
2. Trent Edwards aka Captain Checkdown
3. Ryan Fitzpatrick aka "I'm actually decent, but Lee deserves better"

Evans will thrive in B-More and with Boldin on the otherside...

Baltimore just got scary.

Back