NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes running lynch was the safe play but really I don't think it was that bad of a call. You expect them to load that box. Those pick plays work all the time. The DB made a great play. If you can't make that call then you can't ever call Wilson a great QB ever again. If he is as good as he is said to be then you can fully trust him to make that play to win a game.

Had to post this from Bill Simmons' Super Bowl mailbag earlier this week:

Q: Lions lose in gut wrenching fashion to Cowboys.
Cowboys lose in gut wrenching fashion to Packers.
Packers lose in gut wrenching fashion to Seahawks.
Seahawks lose in gut wrenching fashion to Pats.
—Chris, Austin

Maybe Pete did not want Marshawn to score the game winner since they have a rocky relationship.....
Maybe he did not want the glory to go to Marshawn? I dont know, just a crazy theory,you never know....

I think it was a bonehead play call in that situation, with that much time left, with that running back. But, I also think it's probably being blown out of proportion in terms of how bad it was. One reason was the fact that the championship was on the line right there. But another reason has to be Collinsworth's editorializing. I think he went way overboard there, and should have stuck more to just calling what was going on on the field rather than acting incredulous for about 10 minutes about how horrible the call was.

Marshawn can drag 7 to 10 people 4 or 5 yards. If it was 3rd or 4th sure. But that early? Horrible call.

Yep, horrible call. I even thought it was horrible before Collinsworth mentioned it. That close to the goal line you can't run the rub play. I may not be remembering it correctly, but isn't that the same type of play the Cards tried to run against the Steelers that James Harrison picked off and returned 100 yards for the TD? Also, if you watch the replay, Marshawn was open on the play running out in the flat.

Also, realistically the Hawks should never have been down there that close to scoring with that much time left. I mean that was a 1 in a million catch.... well i guess in Patriot luck it is once every Superbowl... lol. I really thought it would come down to a last second throw. Maybe four or five seconds left from the ten. I never thought beast mode would touch the ball on a running play... but he got his chance, only got four yards and was stopped short. Should he have gotten the handoff the next play... who knows...

Also, lynch was only 1 for 5 on attempted touchdown yards from the one.... so he has been stopped 80% of the time from the one.... in the regular season.

Marshawn can drag 7 to 10 people 4 or 5 yards. If it was 3rd or 4th sure. But that early? Horrible call.
So explain the stat just said on ESPN, that Lynch only scored 1 time out of 5 tries from the 1 this year.

Yep, horrible call. I even thought it was horrible before Collinsworth mentioned it. That close to the goal line you can't run the rub play. I may not be remembering it correctly, but isn't that the same type of play the Cards tried to run against the Steelers that James Harrison picked off and returned 100 yards for the TD? Also, if you watch the replay, Marshawn was open on the play running out in the flat.
Lynch would have been the 3rd read so it would have been another couple seconds before he could have even been looked at.

Terrible play call. If you're not going to hand it off to Lynch, you need to at least make a safer throw. Roll Wilson out and throw a fade to the corner where only your guy can get it. Epic choke.

One thing we did find out this game though, is if the Seahawks had 2-3 big fast receivers, Russell Wilson can definitely chuck it and get those great QB stats :) Chris Matthews was sick nasty today.

One thing we did find out this game though, is if the Seahawks had 2-3 big fast receivers, Russell Wilson can definitely chuck it and get those great QB stats :) Chris Matthews was sick nasty today.
As long as they have Lynch.

hope this gets Wilson to get signed with enough cap space to sign maxwell, wagner and lynch to an extension. The salary cap should also go up about 15-20mil this year if last year was any indication so that should help a bit.

Honestly, after Seattle's OC comments about his receiver, not giving Lynch the ball, Pete's age, resigning issues, I can see this team imploding. Pete could retire, lynch could retire or not resign, the OC should be gone, three free agent recievers, the confidence of Wilson after losing the Super bowl..... look what happened the next year with Kaepernick after he threw away the NFC title game.

I think Seattle is in big trouble.

As for the pats I can see them easily back in the Super Bowl next year.

Big trouble lol, that's laughable. 85% of their defense is locked up on contracts for the next 5 years, in those 5 years that's a lot of draft picks they could get to replace people they lose to free agency. Russell Wilson is a totally different animal than Kaepernick he will bounce back even better next year. I could see Bevell being gone but the biggest loss to the team would be Dan Quinn.

49ers imploded because ownership ****ed the team by putting Harbaugh in a no win situation by deciding that he was going to get fired this season no matter what because they didn't like him. They also have an aging roster and all their stud defensive players all went on IR and the regression of Kaepernick was the straw that broke their backs this year.

Seattle has no such problems with Paul Allen, John Schneider and Pete Carroll.
Seahawks have $26,830,695 in cap space, add another 10 mil to that number, and you sign russell to a contract ext that pays him 20mil a year, but count only 14mil against the cap then you get about 22 mil to sign marshawn, wagner and maxwell to extensions also.

Last edited:
Almost forgot about Quinn going to the Falcons. So the DC is gone, OC could be gone, Pete could be gone, Lynch could be gone, how will Wilson respond, what will there receivers look like. Seattle fans should be worried. If Pete retires, Marshawn quits, Quinn is gone, no named receivers and the Super Bowl loser curse/bad luck, if that happens, which it all very well could, then there would be no denying Seattle could be in trouble for next year.

Back