NEXT Mars Toys BATMAN Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd just like to see them have enough confidence / restraint in what they've committed to so that they don't have to rush out a new prototype sculpt for a brand new product every time some other company announces one. It's a strategy that HT would use to keep people from buying from the competition and that stinks. It's like watching a dog chasing it's own tail - they just lose focus, and everything else just gets delayed. Worse, it does nothing towards improving the quality of anything they've already collected deposits on, so it's just a delay without any consumer benefit.

Seriously, by all outward appearances, they don't appear to have the discipline to deliver anything on any sort of reliable timeline. That has to play havoc with their costs and margins. IMO, what they're doing isn't sustainable and that could very well be what ends up killing them in the long run.

I'd just like to see them have enough confidence / restraint in what they've committed to so that they don't have to rush out a new prototype sculpt for a brand new product every time some other company announces one. It's a strategy that HT would use to keep people from buying from the competition and that stinks. It's like watching a dog chasing it's own tail - they just lose focus, and everything else just gets delayed. Worse, it does nothing towards improving the quality of anything they've already collected deposits on, so it's just a delay without any consumer benefit.

Seriously, by all outward appearances, they don't appear to have the discipline to deliver anything on any sort of reliable timeline. That has to play havoc with their costs and margins. IMO, what they're doing isn't sustainable and that could very well be what ends up killing them in the long run.
There's been many factors so far.
Hell, my Mars '89 Joker was delivered just two months shy of 2 years after I per-ordered him (July '20 to May '22). Around mid '21, I wasn't even sure if I'd get him. XD
Mars also got screwed out of a factory + COVID
If memory serves, I think '66 Joker was announced/revealed late '20/early '21.
Kit just confirmed Mars are still actively developing '92 Penguin and Catwoman as well. If he's batting for them, then I'm good.
Again, the delays SUCK and I go agree that Mars likely stretched themselves thin. Likely showed too much too soon too.
The figures will show up. It's just gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong wait.

Agreed - lots of factors. That said, at some point they have to lock down a solid set of processes so the mystery of “when am I ever going to get this thing” gets addressed. As a buyer, I’m hesitant to order more from them. I have so much I’m already waiting on that it almost seems pointless.

Yeah, I'm getting antsy with promises... I want to see actual product. They set the bar very high with Romero Joker, but it also set the bar high for themselves, so that might be internally challenging. But at some point, you have to release the next figure.

And where the hell is that Mob Boss Nicholson? I really hope that gets released before the end of this year.

The Keaton Bruce Wayne should be next out. Last communication was it was out in " a few weeks" with a pic of a production head being painted and that was around June wasn't it?

That figure is interesting one as they sent the first ones back due to not matching the prototype. Feel like this release will really help show if they will hit the mark Prank Villian 1.0 again or if 2.0 will be their proper standard.

I have the Carrey Riddler on order and that is now late. They have a few to pump out before he shows up. Now I am think his release could easily be a year away and that is annoying from a not knowing point of view.

Waiting and patience is part of the hobby (although we have conditioned ourselves into thinking 18 month - 2+ year waits are normal) but there are ways to make that less painful:

No more renders as teases - they mean nothing.
Announce with prototype
Put up for order when a production slot is locked in and it is ready to go.
Keep informed of all delays and changes.

I agreed with Mars when he asked people to stop requesting updates on FB and that they would be ready when ready but I think the more progress and communication you can give, the better it is for all parties involved.

Nothing is giving me confidence that they will get to Penguin or Catwoman anytime soon so the idea of another two year wait is a real bore for what should be hobby

I just went with what came first, hopefully it pays off
The Keaton Bruce Wayne should be next out. Last communication was it was out in " a few weeks" with a pic of a production head being painted and that was around June wasn't it?

That figure is interesting one as they sent the first ones back due to not matching the prototype. Feel like this release will really help show if they will hit the mark Prank Villian 1.0 again or if 2.0 will be their proper standard.

I have the Carrey Riddler on order and that is now late. They have a few to pump out before he shows up. Now I am think his release could easily be a year away and that is annoying from a not knowing point of view.

Waiting and patience is part of the hobby (although we have conditioned ourselves into thinking 18 month - 2+ year waits are normal) but there are ways to make that less painful:

No more renders as teases - they mean nothing.
Announce with prototype
Put up for order when a production slot is locked in and it is ready to go.
Keep informed of all delays and changes.

I agreed with Mars when he asked people to stop requesting updates on FB and that they would be ready when ready but I think the more progress and communication you can give, the better it is for all parties involved.

Nothing is giving me confidence that they will get to Penguin or Catwoman anytime soon so the idea of another two year wait is a real bore for what should be hobby
That's why I'm grabbing the first thing I see if it looks decent to me I'm taking a chance I know it's risky but I'm willing to take that chance. I didn't even realize I got 10 figures coming in on pre-order at all different times so I got to slow down myself and put myself in check before I end up put myself in debt over these figures. I didn't realize I had so many on pre-order. Well hopefully they all pay off and at least a good sculpts that's all I can hope for. I'll check my list I'll make a list of what I'm waiting on case anyone's interested.

I didn't even realize I got 10 figures coming in on pre-order at all different times so I got to slow down myself and put myself in check before I end up put myself in debt over these figures. I didn't realize I had so many on pre-order.
200.gif

470093-m5.jpg

470106-m18.jpg

Now I’m excited for Alan Napier’s Alfred to go with the 66 line. That should be a fun addition too.
Yeah Mars' 89 Alfed looks great.
I think I'd be tempted if Mars did a 66 Alfred as well.
Not sure how close their suits are, they might get away with just a head swap? Though Napier was pretty tall.
Also his serving tray would just be all milk... :lol
81lue4.jpg

81luhi.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Non-removable, sculpted hat is the way to go for Bob.

In fact if Mars would release a regular 89 Joker with a sculpted on hat and a hatless head out of the new sculpts I can see that being a big seller. They could even include a flesh colored head with a sculpted on hat for the usual three sculpt play.

Mars announced he Penguin 66? I know it's coming, but did they ever? I recall a discussion when I first joined the board about it, but that was like a year ago about an un-hatted Penguin.

It's from "Penguin Goes Straight," in season1.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-04 164800.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-04 164800.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Non-removable, sculpted hat is the way to go for Bob.

In fact if Mars would release a regular 89 Joker with a sculpted on hat and a hatless head out of the new sculpts I can see that being a big seller. They could even include a flesh colored head with a sculpted on hat for the usual three sculpt play.

- regular head with sculpted hat
- regular head painted with white face, red lips, green hair
- laughing eyes clothes head painted with white face, red lips, green hair

And do this out fit with these three ties.

039F6E5C-0ACA-48C9-BD5E-9B720B79647B.jpeg

Would be a very easy “repaint”. Take the existing Mr. J Mob Joker headsculpts, repaint them in clown colors. Take the existing regular costume and make a teal shirt instead of orange and an orange handkerchief instead of teal. Throw in his playing cards pin and badda bing, you got a “new” figure.

New sculpted fists would be a huge plus though.

The melty head would look great in clown colors.

C2FCAE45-39F0-413A-880C-D03F215B49A5.png

Last edited:
Back