Next likely candidates for the new DX series?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the HT newsletter Devil just posted:
So what is MMS DX? Our MMS DX series presents upgraded high-end collectibles by adding more life-like elements and brand new techniques invented by our in-house engineers.

Upgraded Figures,well im not sure what to think about that,does this mean a new release of a earlier figure with a Upgrade?Might be...

This is a shot in the dark, but:

ironmandowneyjr.jpg

How about a unique base for Iron Man? I'd like to see one replicating the robotic arms that held Tony in mid-air during the scene in which Pepper walks in on him undressing, so to speak.

I don't know about the base but its an option to go that route although its still a DX Tony Stark...not really Iron Man. There isn't a real truetype under the Iron Man armor so it'd be hard to interchange...it'd have to be two figures actually given...

Ironman DX is a possibility as they still could add those shoulder mini missile launchers.
Maybe for the second movie?

Well....HT loves their BD versions so maybe if they do a DX Iron Man it'll have interchangable BD pieces to the frame and the shoulder cannons on that...although I still think a MMSDX Iron Man is a longshot.

i dont know about the likeliest... but like many already said, jack sparrow is the perfect candidate for the movable eyes system.

and they better announce watchmen soon, instead of yet another redo.

Jack Sparrow seems the most obvious although I'd love for them to go back and do Davy Jones right, appropriate size and actually use the techniques with Harvey Dent's jacket to replicate the sealife on his clothing...

As for Watchmen, Dave and Irish seem to know what it has in store and Dave made an off the cuff remark about Rorschach being a "no brainer" for the MMSDX line.....maybe that is in store there as well.

Hey Devil, Franky vs diaz tonight. you watching?

Yeah.. already seen UFC 94 (on SpikeTV) so no need to watch that again. Hour and a 1/2 to go (PST). Should be a good card. :joy

From the HT newsletter Devil just posted:
So what is MMS DX? Our MMS DX series presents upgraded high-end collectibles by adding more life-like elements and brand new techniques invented by our in-house engineers.

Upgraded Figures,well im not sure what to think about that,does this mean a new release of a earlier figure with a Upgrade?Might be...

Yup. You can see with the first release MMS DX 01 The Joker: they've upgraded the clothing (new shirt, new outter coat, new shoes, added suspenders, etc.) and they've upgraded the headsculpt with moveable eyes. MMS DX 02 is supposed to be a TDK suit Batman and future releases are suppose to include Rambo and Rocky. So existing figures from exisiting lines re-released with upgrades.

Yup. You can see with the first release MMS DX 01 The Joker: they've upgraded the clothing (new shirt, new outter coat, new shoes, added suspenders, etc.) and they've upgraded the headsculpt with moveable eyes. MMS DX 02 is supposed to be a TDK suit Batman and future releases are suppose to include Rambo and Rocky. So existing figures from exisiting lines re-released with upgrades.

IF it´s re-makes it will be Rambo 2 because the body on the excisting Rambo 2 cracks open if you bend it,ive owned 3 of this figure and happened to all of them...even with the last one i bought,and i never bended it either.

But i don´t see why they should re-make a Rocky as we only got Rocky from 3 and 4 and we havent seen any Rocky 1,2 and 6 yet.

Ripley or Robocop?
Jack Sparrow isnt a bad idea with Kojin on board now.

I don't see a reason to do another Robocop when they've already done 3 and each were fairly accurate in terms of sculpt and paint application. What else could they possibly do or add to make it DX?

Ripley? I dunno.

IF it´s re-makes it will be Rambo 2 because the body on the excisting Rambo 2 cracks open if you bend it,ive owned 3 of this figure and happened to all of them...even with the last one i bought,and i never bended it either.

But i don´t see why they should re-make a Rocky as we only got Rocky from 3 and 4 and we havent seen any Rocky 1,2 and 6 yet.

Well it depends.. again look at the first release of the Joker. You get an upgraded v.1 Joker but you also get a new Cop Joker. So what if the MMS DX Rambo for instance was an upgraded Rambo 2 figure + a Rambo 6 headsculpt + all the clothing/accessories to make a proper Rambo 6 figure? You know?

Arrived JUST NOW!

Hot Toys Newsletter
Hot Toys reveals their plans for their 5th MMS DX figure! - Some of you may have received an evidence bag from Hot Toys a week earlier, with a piece of purple swatch and an unheard series name – MMS DX. What is the secret behind these clues? We are pleasantly surprised that some collectors on forums hit the correct answers! If you are not sure, click on our 2nd teaser to get more clues right now!

So we are proud to announce that MMS DX 005 will be of Roy (TheTerminator) himself. It will include 2 pairs of track pants with 2nd pair "Bulged" in the private area to reveal an authentic adaptation. Roy will also come with 17 weapons, a red suit and gangster hat with feather. Now hold on gang there will not be one but 2 different sculpts including PERS on both pieces. Yes thats right both!

Great appreciations to our collectors who have made our MMS line a success, we think we can do it better, and that's why the MMS DX series is formed. So what is MMS DX? Our MMS DX series presents upgraded high-end collectibles by adding more life-like elements and brand new techniques invented by our in-house engineers. This is a good news for figure addicts everywhere, as you will see an exceptional 1/6 collectible you have never had!

Arrived JUST NOW!

Hot Toys Newsletter
Hot Toys reveals their plans for their 5th MMS DX figure! - Some of you may have received an evidence bag from Hot Toys a week earlier, with a piece of purple swatch and an unheard series name – MMS DX. What is the secret behind these clues? We are pleasantly surprised that some collectors on forums hit the correct answers! If you are not sure, click on our 2nd teaser to get more clues right now!

So we are proud to announce that MMS DX 005 will be of Roy (TheTerminator) himself. It will include 2 pairs of track pants with 2nd pair "Bulged" in the private area to reveal an authentic adaptation. Roy will also come with 17 weapons, a red suit and gangster hat with feather. Now hold on gang there will not be one but 2 different sculpts including PERS on both pieces. Yes thats right both!

Great appreciations to our collectors who have made our MMS line a success, we think we can do it better, and that's why the MMS DX series is formed. So what is MMS DX? Our MMS DX series presents upgraded high-end collectibles by adding more life-like elements and brand new techniques invented by our in-house engineers. This is a good news for figure addicts everywhere, as you will see an exceptional 1/6 collectible you have never had!

LOL! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

a work of art right there!

Arrived JUST NOW!

Hot Toys Newsletter

:lol:lol:rotfl

Where can I pre-order?

Arrived JUST NOW!

Hot Toys Newsletter

WOW so HT make Voodoo dolls now,NICE!!!!!!!!

Hopefully Terminator from T1 and T2. With the different clothing and different hairstyles the Terminator had in the original this would seem to be an obvious choice. Also, they could incorporate the 2 differnet versions between standard and battle damaged forms.
BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see a reason to do another Robocop when they've already done 3 and each were fairly accurate in terms of sculpt and paint application. What else could they possibly do or add to make it DX?

Ripley? I dunno.

there IS a very good reason for doing a robocop dx. as i mentioned in the other thread (under general collectibles) the dx line is a great way for new collectors who missed out on older releases to get into the game.

also, ht never did a battle damaged robo. i'd love to see them give us an extra headsculpt of murphy without his helmet.

the colonial marines with battle damage would kick ass. ripley with a bonus newt figure would be awesome too. :D

i like the idea of a crow in 1/6, and maybe pinhead of hellraiser with his puzzle box and all the torture tools...

there IS a very good reason for doing a robocop dx. as i mentioned in the other thread (under general collectibles) the dx line is a great way for new collectors who missed out on older releases to get into the game.

also, ht never did a battle damaged robo. i'd love to see them give us an extra headsculpt of murphy without his helmet.

the colonial marines with battle damage would kick ass. ripley with a bonus newt figure would be awesome too. :D

i like the idea of a crow in 1/6, and maybe pinhead of hellraiser with his puzzle box and all the torture tools...

Ok, is battle damage enough for it to be DX? What else? And be realistic, I don't see an included Murphy sculpt likely.

I'm all for allowing people another chance to own a great figure, but I don't see the impetus to do so.

Back