1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So basically everyone after watching Ahsoka :ROFLMAO:

NaCXBgy.jpg

This week’s episode of Ahsoka only reinforced how badly I want a figure of Baylan. It might be tricky though given Ray only passed three months ago and HT might be dealing with estate issues.

I'm sure likeness rights and contracts were already sorted before filming, unless things are contested.

This week’s episode of Ahsoka only reinforced how badly I want a figure of Baylan. It might be tricky though given Ray only passed three months ago and HT might be dealing with estate issues.

I'm sure likeness rights and contracts were already sorted before filming, unless things are contested.
I think @Dave_W is right. It wouldn’t surprise me if actors are not hired unless they sign off on likeness rights pre getting cast. I know there are certain issues regarding this that are in the actors strike negotiations.

I haven't even been watching Ahsoka but I'm tempted to get a Baylan figure (that's the character played by Ray right?) just because I've been a fan of Ray Stevenson since the early 2000's after seeing him in Rome and I'd love a figure (in HT quality) of one of his characters.
It's not even about collecting Star Wars with this one, it's collecting a Ray figure.

I haven't even been watching Ahsoka but I'm tempted to get a Baylan figure (that's the character played by Ray right?) just because I've been a fan of Ray Stevenson since the early 2000's after seeing him in Rome and I'd love a figure (in HT quality) of one of his characters.
It's not even about collecting Star Wars with this one, it's collecting a Ray figure.
Baylan is a must, along with Shin, he's the best addition to the show by far. Every scene he's in he brings such precense to, even when he says nothing.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. Ray was such a good actor.
His actual character is super interesting too, he's allied with the bad guys but he's sort of reluctant to fight the protagonists unless aboslutely necessary. Same energy as Count Dooku where he's clearly using them for his own means and he's not exactly evil, just doing what he believes is the right thing to do.

Worth watching for him alone

His actual character is super interesting too, he's allied with the bad guys but he's sort of reluctant to fight the protagonists unless aboslutely necessary. Same energy as Count Dooku where he's clearly using them for his own means and he's not exactly evil, just doing what he believes is the right thing to do.

Worth watching for him alone
I've seen a few comments that he's the best thing about the show.

One of the coolest things is that all that presence we're talking about from his performance would absolutely be realised in a Hot Toys figure considering Ray's stature. Probably the closest to a Vader presence you could get from a human without any kind of prosthetic suit.

Last edited:
If they make a Baylan I'll break my rule about no Star Wars (I'm Marvel only.) He's my favorite new character by far, and its a tragedy that Ray is gone.

Back