1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe we will get this too. But I hope there are a few ROTJ figure’s tomorrow. I want Endor Han so bad!

IMG_3802.jpeg

I just fail to see their logic sometimes. They have the 212th, any of the ROTS commanders, Wolffe, Fives & Echo, phase 2 Fox, Doom, the Wolfpack, all as options that would get people excited. Then they do literally the most uninspiring clone that no-one asked for. Do they just randomly pick these out of a hat or what?
They make what’s easiest to replicate, without any improvements (read: increased costs). Everything shall be a cash cow. Quality, demand, continuous improvements (ISO9001) and other business development is nothing this company is a fan of. I have no clue why they ended up at this point. Or wait, maybe the lack of competitors!?
Queen Studios, please develop and expand the InArt production!

View attachment 637558
Found this on instagram.

If this is true, did they really make a better looking Phase 1 Commander helmet for TCW Obi-Wan and stick to the same wonky version as the other Clones for Fox? :lol

Or is Obi-Wan going to be different from the prototype like the Clone Pilot?

083BDBC9-86BB-48D6-B3AC-C751372A0089.jpeg

Fox has two completely different armor sets for Phase 1 and 2, with different shades of red as well. Don't think they'd give him a Phase 2 helmet, as he never had any with this set of armor.

Surprised they didn't go with Phase 2, so he'd go with the Phase 2 Coruscant Guards.

We know where the screenshot was taken from?

Agreed, it would’ve been like including the Phase 1 helmet with Rex. Armor just doesn’t work.

Also agreed that Phase 2 Fox would’ve been the better choice. But maybe this is indication that they’re only going to be doing figures from the TCW movie?

Funny thing is, that he also goes with AoTC Padme, as they worked together in the TCW movie.

I was planning on putting Padme in a TCW display so I’d have a place for Fox. That was a cool scene even if it was very short.

Where did this picture actually originate from? Is there no way that it couldn’t just be a custom using one of those Phase 1 clones. This release just makes no sense.

No verification yet. Seems to have just popped out of nowhere. Thought it might be Photoshopped with the Sideshow or a custom or just Photoshop creativity. Not Sideshow, could still be a custom. But guess we’ll find out soon.

It’s weird because for a supposed May 4th promo that should feature new products, everything else on there is old.

If this is going to be phase 1, I need a head sculpt to get in on it. Really would prefer phase 2 to go with the other Coruscant Guard guys.

If this is true, did they really make a better looking Phase 1 Commander helmet for TCW Obi-Wan and stick to the same wonky version as the other Clones for Fox? :lol

View attachment 637592

Agreed, it would’ve been like including the Phase 1 helmet with Rex. Armor just doesn’t work.

Also agreed that Phase 2 Fox would’ve been the better choice. But maybe this is indication that they’re only going to be doing figures from the TCW movie?

I was planning on putting Padme in a TCW display so I’d have a place for Fox. That was a cool scene even if it was very short.

No verification yet. Seems to have just popped out of nowhere. Thought it might be Photoshopped with the Sideshow or a custom or just Photoshop creativity. Not Sideshow, could still be a custom. But guess we’ll find out soon.

It’s weird because for a supposed May 4th promo that should feature new products, everything else on there is old.
Right? If true, I really don’t understand how they got the helmet right with Obi and then we’re like “oh wait that’s too accurate, let’s change it”

View attachment 637592

Just what I was thinking, the addition of other existing figures is odd. If it were a new figure you’d at least expect another one or two new ones in there. Plus the phase 1 armour makes no sense when the Coruscant Guards and existing clone commanders are all phase 2. It’s also not exactly the sort of background Hot Toys use in promo images. Like Hoody said earlier, it looks more like Hot Toys box art. Yep, calling custom figure on this one.

Just what I was thinking, the addition of other existing figures is odd. If it were a new figure you’d at least expect another one or two new ones in there. Plus the phase 1 armour makes no sense when the Coruscant Guards and existing clone commanders are all phase 2. It’s also not exactly the sort of background Hot Toys use in promo images. Like Hoody said earlier, it looks more like Hot Toys box art. Yep, calling custom figure on this one.

Yeah it’s all pretty weird.

They’ve done cheesy promo pics before to promote certain things like events and product lines, but I hope there’s a lot more to that picture if it’s real. And apparently someone connected to a reseller in HK posted it? Could be happening…

It would only make sense to me if they’re focusing on figures just from the 2008 TCW movie or early seasons. So I wonder if that means we’ll see figures like Phase 1 Rex and Cody. I know that would be disappointing for people who were hoping for more Phase 2 Clones.

View attachment 637592
Prepare yourselves for ObiWan final product to have thick mouth lines on the helmet. I fully expect the downgrade after what happened with the Clone pilot.

Not gonna waste my time hoping for anything good. We all know it's gonna lazy reissues and Troopers.

Hot Toys are so lazy and predictable now. Even the good figures it's always the bare minimum number of hands, accessories and a single sculpt.

Mars Toys, Inart, Kaustic Plastic aren't perfect but you can always feel the passion they put into each release.

So should we expect to see something from Hot Toys later tonight, or will they hold off until Sideshow's HT Showcase stream at Noon ET tomorrow? I can't recall how it's worked in the past...

Not gonna waste my time hoping for anything good. We all know it's gonna lazy reissues and Troopers.

Hot Toys are so lazy and predictable now. Even the good figures it's always the bare minimum number of hands, accessories and a single sculpt.

Mars Toys, Inart, Kaustic Plastic aren't perfect but you can always feel the passion they put into each release.
Yep. I’ll just wake up disappointed to be on the safe side. I can’t wait for ig-12. I’ll go cry now

Would be great if sideshow steals hot toys thunder and rereleases older in demand figures like greedo, snow trooper commander, and the cantina band. If hot toys flakes on rotj and gives us a bunch of clone repaints that would serve them right. I know sideshow doesn’t have a great track record with redoing older figures, but I’d rather not pay $750 for Greedo.
I officially have a bad feeling about this…
Why did sideshow stop doing 1/6ths for Star Wars anyway

Would be great if sideshow steals hot toys thunder and rereleases older in demand figures like greedo, snow trooper commander, and the cantina band. If hot toys flakes on rotj and gives us a bunch of clone repaints that would serve them right. I know sideshow doesn’t have a great track record with redoing older figures, but I’d rather not pay $750 for Greedo.
I officially have a bad feeling about this…
They did this with Grievous only a couple of years ago. It would be better if they went down some of the OT figure routes, Grievous requires certain technical acumen that Sideshow has not shown the ability to do on sixth scale figures. Something like Greedo really doesn’t.

I think that’s how Sideshow should look at this, rather than going for the main characters, look to those side characters/troopers collectors have been craving from Hot Toys and take the initiative and make them. Would be a nice surprise for many.

Back