1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So projecting forward: 1. MandoS2 2. Bad BatchS1 3. Book of Boba 3. Kenobi 4. Andor 5. BadBatchS2 6. Mando S3 7. Rogue Squadron...I think that's it so far. Sprinkle in CW or OT figs. Dumpster for the PT and ST.

Is there a link to this interview??
I probably read it,but don't recall anything about The Six.

It was a bit cryptic, because he said ROTJ rather than ESB:

Howard Chan said:
I would love to make the bounty hunters from ROTJ, especially with "The Book of Boba Fett" coming out. It’s very likely that we make them.

Milk Magazine #996, May 2021. Translation by Jesse Lo, One Sixth Republic Facebook page.

So projecting forward: 1. MandoS2 2. Bad BatchS1 3. Book of Boba 3. Kenobi 4. Andor 5. BadBatchS2 6. Mando S3 7. Rogue Squadron...I think that's it so far. Sprinkle in CW or OT figs. Dumpster for the PT and ST.
When does Ahsoka go into development?

To weigh in again on the BOBF bounty hunters comment and Howards interview, the interview and translation leave some things to up for debate but personally I have my own interpretation of what he is trying to say. I think he is actually trying to say that they want to make the bounty hunters from ESB (I know the translation says ROTJ but I'm gonna chock that up to misspeaking seeing as ROTJ isn't known for bounty hunters and ESB is) and that since its likely those bounty hunters would show up in BOBF he is saying they will likely get made if that happens. Who knows maybe Howard has some inside knowledge and is accidentally letting slip that the ESB bounty hunters will be in BOBF. That's a bit of stretch though and I'm not putting on my tinfoil hat. That's just my own hopeful interpretation of what's being said, because I need to believe Hot Toys will do Bossk, IG88, Dengar, etc. at some point.

To weigh in again on the BOBF bounty hunters comment and Howards interview, the interview and translation leave some things to up for debate but personally I have my own interpretation of what he is trying to say. I think he is actually trying to say that they want to make the bounty hunters from ESB (I know the translation says ROTJ but I'm gonna chock that up to misspeaking seeing as ROTJ isn't known for bounty hunters and ESB is) and that since its likely those bounty hunters would show up in BOBF he is saying they will likely get made if that happens. Who knows maybe Howard has some inside knowledge and is accidentally letting slip that the ESB bounty hunters will be in BOBF. That's a bit of stretch though and I'm not putting on my tinfoil hat. That's just my own hopeful interpretation of what's being said, because I need to believe Hot Toys will do Bossk, IG88, Dengar, etc. at some point.
Just a guess, in loosely referencing ROTJ he's not wrong, he's likely just doing a mental shorthand, to indicate these new series are what most closely follow where (ROTJ) ends, so where any popular OT characters continuing stories are most likely to re-emerge next, are in The Mandalorian and now Book of Fett, whose series thematic connection to Bounty Hunters is clear, so yeah you can easily anticipate Fett's Bounty Hunter contemporaries might show up too.
Which would lead to new figures :wink1:

Unless like IG-11 they just start showing up as "new" characters with different names. and slight changes. :lol

Last edited:
I was thinking that the last two episodes are much more what I am here to see.

This is good, because my attention was beginning to waver, despite liking the characters quite a bit.
Absolutely agree. Love the characters (including Omega, can't wait to find out more about her backstory!), but these last two episodes have been where it's at. I cannot wait for the Crosshair PO to go up and I really hope they do his Proto-Death Trooper design too.

Looking forward to the second part of the finale next week. Haven't felt this excited about Star Wars in a while.

Absolutely agree. Love the characters (including Omega, can't wait to find out more about her backstory!), but these last two episodes have been where it's at. I cannot wait for the Crosshair PO to go up and I really hope they do his Proto-Death Trooper design too.

Looking forward to the second part of the finale next week. Haven't felt this excited about Star Wars in a while.

I don't MIIIIIIND Omega, but she's a little too important IMO. These guys should not be needing her help/insight quite so much.

Karen Traviss told us that ten clone troopers could take a planet by themselves. I am not seeing it with this Batch, much as I like them. They are skilled, but ARC troopers they are not. Which, okay.

Tech is definitely the Spock of this outfit. The Enterprise would have been TOAST 50 times over if not for Spock. Really you could have staffed a ship with just Spock, and who else would you need? Same thing with Tech. He does all the heavy thinking. And he's funny as hell, I love him. Unintentionally funny, true - but funny. He has that dry humor down to a science.

I don't MIIIIIIND Omega, but she's a little too important IMO. These guys should not be needing her help/insight quite so much.

Karen Traviss told us that ten clone troopers could take a planet by themselves. I am not seeing it with this Batch, much as I like them. They are skilled, but ARC troopers they are not. Which, okay.

Tech is definitely the Spock of this outfit. The Enterprise would have been TOAST 50 times over if not for Spock. Really you could have staffed a ship with just Spock, and who else would you need? Same thing with Tech. He does all the heavy thinking. And he's funny as hell, I love him. Unintentionally funny, true - but funny. He has that dry humor down to a science.
Yeh I absolutely love Tech. Get what you mean with Omega though.

After reading the first Republic Commando book with Omega Squad I'm craving a gritty Republic Commando series big time so I hope Disney sees its potential sometime soon!

The best thing about Republic Commando is its not child-centric! Everybody is a grown up. Although Traviss makes plain that the clones are really children in adult bodies, which is true and makes what happens to them all the more heartbreaking. Things are done to them that I wont spoil for you, and that really make you start seriously disliking the Jedi Council and the Republic in general. The GAR SUCKSSSSS yes it does

Read all the books! They are beyond worth it.

I dont think we will see any show nearly as real as these books. Too intense for the kiddies, and too fraught with adult emotions on several fronts.

Watch Man of Hot Collectibles stream today and he said the next releases in order are Professor Hulk, Iron Patriot, Rex, TCW Ahsoka, TCW Anakin, and Death Watch Mandalorian.

With Anakin releasing, they'll put the preview up/order for General Kenobi.

We'll see but could be an expensive few months, especially with that price tag for Iron Patriot.

Watch Man of Hot Collectibles stream today and he said the next releases in order are Professor Hulk, Iron Patriot, Rex, TCW Ahsoka, TCW Anakin, and Death Watch Mandalorian.

With Anakin releasing, they'll put the preview up/order for General Kenobi.

We'll see but could be an expensive few months, especially with that price tag for Iron Patriot.
Anakin with STAP set too ?

I just realized I have no Hot Toys or Sideshow figure on pre-order.
get-out-get-out-now.jpg

Back