1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has HT ever paid attention to an anniversary? See any Hoth stuff last year?

Besides, you are two years too early. In 2023, I imagine HT will be celebrating Kenobi Season 2, Mando Season 4 and the latest attempt to keep the MCU afloat.

Keep afloat? The pile of cash they've amassed over 20+ films has them so far above sea level that it'll be quite some time before they're in danger of sinking. :lol

HT needs to stick with what they do best: General Grievous

They will make one kick-ass robot general. That IS a Day 1 PO for me. Would not risk that one selling out.

I can envision the endless hours of inserting dozens of tiny batteries in dozens of different compartments...

So this Star Wars Week thing at Sideshow... I hear that they typically give out rewards codes. When and where does this usually happen? I've never "participated" in one of these before.

I think there was record buzz for Falcon and Winter Soldier and I'm sure Black Widow is going to do really well. Personally, I'm interested to see how the MCU holds up without the original characters around. Steve, Tony, Nat and Clint will all be gone by the end of the year, who knows how much longer Hemsworth will hang around as Thor.

I think Marvel is still going to print money for a few more years but I'll be curious to see how long the MCU sticks as a cultural phenomenon without the core characters.

Marvel is easily going to keep trucking for another 10 years minimum. I think it'll hang in there long enough that it'll have a succession of power from Feige to a Filoni-esque entity. I'm sure Feige already has a list of people to take his place when he sees fit.

Marvel comics have endured, the films are just a natural progression/shift in medium.

The James Bond franchise is the closest one can come to a steady and consistent diet of films over 50 years... and its clear that there are good periods and down periods. I'm quite certain we are in a down period right now that could last years as the MCU tries to regain its footing with memorable characters and a good storyline. And certainly there will be a period of resurgence as there always is. It is all in finding the right new direction... not embellishing characters whose stories are over or backtracking into prequels.

I'd say Fantastic Four and Dr Doom has the best chance of reinvigorating interest in the MCU for the casual fan.

So this Star Wars Week thing at Sideshow... I hear that they typically give out rewards codes. When and where does this usually happen? I've never "participated" in one of these before.

I think the reward give aways have become more a point of frustration than something to enjoy and participate in. Pops up randomly on social media and only allows a certain number to grab the code then closes down. I quit trying because I don't have the patience for what probably amounts to $20-40 bucks if I nailed several of the codes...

Another Djarin while people haven't received V2 yet? I don't see it.

I remember that happening with the RotJ Luke. They put the Deluxe up for order before a few retailers (Popcultcha specifically if my memory is right) sent theirs. I remember people complaining about not receiving it anyway.

Them just doing a reveal shouldn't really do much, I doubt it'll go up for PO next week.

They do it on twitter, instagram, facebook, but I think a lot are on their live streams. I'm in a giant FB chat group that people post the codes to. They've got a princess theme week going on now. I've gotten $16 so far.

The James Bond franchise is the closest one can come to a steady and consistent diet of films over 50 years... and its clear that there are good periods and down periods. I'm quite certain we are in a down period right now that could last years as the MCU tries to regain its footing with memorable characters and a good storyline. And certainly there will be a period of resurgence as there always is. It is all in finding the right new direction... not embellishing characters whose stories are over or backtracking into prequels.

I'd say Fantastic Four and Dr Doom has the best chance of reinvigorating interest in the MCU for the casual fan.

I pretty much agree with all of that. An MCU Fantastic Four will be huge. I'm not really predicting a big box office for Shang-Chi.

I think there was record buzz for Falcon and Winter Soldier and I'm sure Black Widow is going to do really well. Personally, I'm interested to see how the MCU holds up without the original characters around. Steve, Tony, Nat and Clint will all be gone by the end of the year, who knows how much longer Hemsworth will hang around as Thor.

I think Marvel is still going to print money for a few more years but I'll be curious to see how long the MCU sticks as a cultural phenomenon without the core characters.

Until the original fans become toxic old fans and start bashing every new mcu movie. That day is coming.

Until the original fans become toxic old fans and start bashing every new mcu movie. That day is coming.

Falcon and The Woke Soldiers. Shang Chi and the Crazy Rich Asians. Thor: Love Jane Foster's Thunder. Ms. Marvel: The Teeny Bopper Who Fights Crime While Texting. She Hulk: The Strong, Independent Lawyer. Eternals: Covering Every Demographic of the last 7,000 years.

J26Fxtw.gif

Not long until May 4th.

What I?m hoping for:
Bespin Han
ROTJ Biker Scout
Mandalorian Armourer

What we?ll probably get:
Mando Luke

Ideal lineup

Ben Solo
Cobb Vanth
Poe Dameron
Bespin Han
Darth Sidious
Bespin Luke
Galen Erso

It'll be Mando Luke, and I'm praying to God he doesn't have that blasted ROTJ sculpt again.

Not long until May 4th.

What I?m hoping for:
Bespin Han
ROTJ Biker Scout
Mandalorian Armourer

What we?ll probably get:
Mando Luke

That will take some of the wind out of the sails of the Mando Scout set though.

And a Bespin Han will take the wind out of the sails of this thread.:lol

I hope there is some OT goodness that I would want to buy (Endor Han, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2, Bespin Luke, ROTJ Vader (too early)). We all see Mando Luke coming, R2 deluxe pack would be a cool.

It would be more than $400. How much more I'm not sure. I would sell my Sideshow Grievous if I thought a HT was coming, but I'm not selling.

Back