newbie question: what's the best Buffy likeness?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pzuzu

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hey Buffy fans...

I'm dying for a buffy figure/statue/model kit, but I can't seem to find anything with a good likeness to Sarah Michelle Gellar. Is it different in person? In your opinion, of all the figures out there, commercially available or custom made (that are still readily available), which one captures her likeness the best? So far, I'm thinking the pf with red pants and pony tail, but even that one seems 90% there...like the recent Spike statue (that one's 100%, at least to my eyes). The buffy throne is so badass, but the likeness is just not there for me.

Thanks!

Sad to say since you'd think they'd get better with the larger scale (and larger price tag), but the 12" graduation day Buffy has the best human SMG likeness. They are getting pricy now since it's been a few years out, but used ones come up fairly regularly on eBay for less than $50. I'd pick one of those up, then just swap out the body for a short one.

The pony tail PF suffers from poor painting and ill-fitting/tailored pants. I had one briefly but returned it for a refund. I can't say I miss having one in my collection. It was the piece that broke me from being a SS Buffy completist. Double-dipping without the results to justify it.

Thanks! I'm gonna go checkout the graduation one again. I was hoping the pf would be "it" but I'll definitely settle for 1/6. Her face is so non-generic, I thought for sure it wouldn't be a hard one to capture. Perhaps it works the other way around? Any customizers out there with good headsculpts?

Yeah, that's about the closest I've seen...and after a more realistic re-paint, it could definitely look incredible. Thanks again for the tip.

I definitely think the PFs 'miss the boat.' :( Don't get me wrong though. I love them despite some flaws.

I don't collect any 1:6th pieces, but from the looks of things, I'd say that's the way to go.

It really is a shame about the premium format figure. I love everything about it except for the head sculpt. Maybe they'll get the next one right. I'm really digging the Angel and Spike statues though. But Buffy is my all-time favorite heroine so I was really hoping for an accurate interpretation. Best character ever! With a nice new paint job the graduation figure could look tremendous. Here's hoping!

Back