Newbie Hot Toys TDK Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muskrat

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I am new to the 1/6 collecting world, in fact just 3 months in. I had really no interest in getting back into collecting till I saw the HT Batman 89 figure...I was blow away and $250 later he was mine. Since then I have aquired a few more figures....nothing like the collections I have seen here, but its getting there!.

Now being new I am back tracking previous release figures, especially the TDK figures. The secondary market prices are high but they are what they are and I am not here to complain about it. Now I have read HT is releasing figures to coincide with the Dark Knight Rises, but the only figure that is confirmed is Bane (at least thats all I could find). The question is, is another HT Batman or even reissue Ledger Joker inevitable? I have no problem buying from the secondary market, but if a better updated version is probably going to be released and I can save some money...even better!...

So basically if you guys were new to the game as I am, would you wait it out and see what HT is going to offer from TDKR? or play it safe and just buy the previous release TDK figures?

Sorry if this is a Noob question and yes I had a look to see if this has been address in another forum..I couldn't really find anything..but if this has already been asked and I missed it... my apologies in advance!

Cheers!

They're not inevitable, but they're likely. A TDKR Batman is almost assured ... the TDK DX and BB Batman sold too well for them to skip doing another one.

A Joker DX 2.0 has been teased by Hot Toys. Not clear on what exactly will be included. I actually like the BR Joker sculpt better than the DX one.

They won't reissue Two Face, but you can get him reasonably cheap. Underrated figure.

If I were you, I'd buy a Two Face, and wait out the other two. If they don't end up making them -- slim odds on that -- then you can always pay the high prices for the DX Batman and DX Joker later.

SnakeDoc

im also new and in the same boat as you. im waiting and hoping. hopefully a new and improved battle damaged batman will come out

Before this thread gets closed Im in the same pickle I really want a tdk Batman suit!

Haven't been able to pull the trigger on the dx though

I was able to find a BR Joker for $200 and a Two Face for $175 on Kijiji. Now I have 2 TDK villians and no TDK Batman....it's killing me...I know it sounds stupid but it is!...The BR Joker is fantastic but I would love to have one in the traditional purple suit as well...The DX version with the grenade pack and police head sculpt is awesome, but I know I will be looking at at least $400-$500 to own it....so good news there may be another Ledger Joker coming down the pipeline.

I used to be a big time Mcfarlane guy back in the day, and I remember buying the first wave of Movie Maniacs figures for ridiculously high secondary market prices..then what happens a year later they reissue all of them!...so this time I am trying to show some patience!....

Thanks for the replies!

Actually, Plastic Enemies, a pretty reputable source when it comes to Hot Toys, posted a screen cap today of Batman from the new TDKR trailer with the subtitle "DX???" Whether this was a request or a teaser is unknown, but if it is a teaser, then a DX TDKR Batman is pretty likely.

Before this thread gets closed Im in the same pickle I really want a tdk Batman suit!

...I didn't post it in the wrong place did I?...I am new to this site, but have been a member on numerous other sites over the years. I know people can get really really touchy about what topics go where...so I hope I didn't put this in the wrong thread.

Then get the MMS, i have it and it's great, i don't see the need for a limiited edtion figure to be remade multiple times when the initial figures are still great and original figures are taking a backseat :dunno

...I didn't post it in the wrong place did I?...I am new to this site, but have been a member on numerous other sites over the years. I know people can get really really touchy about what topics go where...so I hope I didn't put this in the wrong thread.

It's cool, generally its best to post in the topics of the subject matter rather than start new threads, but it's just a case of getting your bearings for the board.

:welcome1:

1335770056029.gif

yeah welcome, and wait for TDKR figures and beyond

I was pretty late in to the game as well. My misstake was that I bought all the figures on eBay, really overpriced :(. I didn't know better.
However, I'm regreting it beacuse I love the figures! My plan was to buy them all, and in case of a re-issue you can sell the old one.

I am selling some TDK Hot Toys figues, for lower than half the price I bought them for. Check out my sales thread in my sig if you want to.

Good luck with your decision :)!

Hey Andrew. If u really want an HT Batman in his TDK suit, I got one I'm willing to sell if you are interested. It's the V1 MMS71 Batman. I bought it brand new last Christmas for 300 brand spanking new. I already own a DX02 in the same costume, as well as the DX09 Michael Keaton Bats, and BB toyfair exclusive. I'm willing to sell the V1 TDk one if you are interested. I need to make room for my medicom Naruto and Sasuke. Depending where u live such as United States, I'll sell it to u for 200 bucks with free shipping. It's still in good condition with all accessories including a custom velvet cape made by Iforigno who sells them to us so it can look more screen accurate. I got the original cape as well. PM me and we can work things out. I might lower the price to $185 cuz some parts on the rubber coating peels a lil if u hold it on for too long. It's just a minor issues with HT rubbers but he's looks amazing nonetheless when u see him in hand. So PM me if u down. :) :wave

This might be off topic, but does anyone know how to sell an item on this forum without complication and all transactions go smoothly. Especially, if one wants a figure from me and how am I suppose to make them pay before shipping it off?? I only done stuff like this on ebay cuz it so much easier but I don't like them taking percent of my total sales. I prefer the buyer to pay me in paypal which is much safer. Any advice, would be appreciated. Andrew, I doing this for u cuz u want the V1 TDK Bats and I just things to work out perfectly for the both of us.

Back