Premium Format New Wolverine Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope it's not such a noticeable lean as it appears now, cause I really wanted to display mine next to my brown suit PF. :pray:

Yea, same here. Wanted this next to my brown Wolverine PF as well.

We'll find out soon enough if there's a lean or not.

SSC can continue to show great concepts but if their production pieces can't get reasonably close to the same quality, then what's the point? With the increases in their products over the past 2-3 years, I would think they would have improved some of their production standards but they continue to have issues with some pieces.

If they didn’t address the lean on SS Live, that in itself is unfortunate to me. It’s not like it hasn’t been brought up to them, they should be reassuring people.

I posted this in the wrong thread lol. But his arms are super hairy. And he still leans. Wonder if this is still the prototype and not the final?

HEgBQa9.png

what happened with his face?
it looks different

They said in Live vid it was a production piece, I'm pretty sure.

Yes. They confirmed during the vid that was a production piece.

I was very smitten with the prototype reveal last year. Since then, there have been a few dodgy aspects that have dampened my enthusiasm.

The addressing of the lean for one. Next it was overstating the overall size. Now it's the lean and the paint job for me. Not digging that sharp demarcation of his arm hair- looks amateurish. And the face paint also. I see what they are going for with the sliver of muttonchop and the five O'clock shadow, but again, just looks sloppy and amateurish to me.

Especially for a $560 statue (closer to $600 with shipping to the east coast).

Maybe in hand they will look a lot better?

My ONLY 2 issues with this piece so far is the lean and the sideburns sticking out of the mask. I didn't see either of those when PO pics went up and I'm not liking it now.

Cant believe this went from hype to worries. The one sideshowfied piece most of us didnt mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked earlier: If you get a piece and just aren't happy with it (but there are no 'defects'/ lean could be claimed to not be a defect by them) will SS refund you 100%?

My ONLY 2 issues with this piece so far is the lean and the sideburns sticking out of the mask. I didn't see either of those when PO pics went up and I'm not liking it now.

I didn't notice it either ...until now.

But after going back to look, there is a subtle hint of the sideburns sticking out of the mask:

marvel-wolverine-premium-format-figure-sideshow-300543-14.jpg

I'm guessing the sideburns sticking out of the mask is not as subtle in the production piece?

Also notice that the 5 o'clock shadow around his mouth and chin is more subtle in the proto. In the production piece, not so much.

Also notice that the 5 o'clock shadow around his mouth and chin is more subtle in the proto. In the production piece, not so much.

I hate when Sideshow does 5 o'clock shadows. They end up just looking like Homer Simpson's mouth.

Back