Premium Format New Wolverine Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a great looking PF. However, it does look like most of the costume on this PF is based off Cassaday's Astonishing X-MEN run instead of the pic you posted. I hope they tap into that inspiration for the rest of the male members in this line. Cassaday's art and costume designs looks fantastic on Cyclops and Colossus as well. If they give us Cassaday's costumes with minor tweaks on Cyke and Colossus, I'm all in on those PFs too.

I was just meaning the lean pose but I suppose I should've posted this one.

But I agree, as much as I loved growing up with the Jim Lee versions, Cassady's Astonishing series is what really got me back into comics and the Messiah Trilogy is probably my personal favorite CB arc of all time. I'm curious if they decide to go with condom head Cyc or more Jim Lee-ish though. A Cyc PF is the one statue my collection has always missed but I haven't really been sold on any of his previous offerings.

I was just meaning the lean pose but I suppose I should've posted this one.

But I agree, as much as I loved growing up with the Jim Lee versions, Cassady's Astonishing series is what really got me back into comics and the Messiah Trilogy is probably my personal favorite CB arc of all time. I'm curious if they decide to go with condom head Cyc or more Jim Lee-ish though. A Cyc PF is the one statue my collection has always missed but I haven't really been sold on any of his previous offerings.

If its the condom head im out lol. I always regretted passing on the kotobukiya 1/6. Now its freakimg 500 lpl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree.

At least the lean 'appears' to be corrected.

If anything, now there is the smallest of leans going the other direction now.

Brother, I hope you’re joking. Wolverine is lunging forward, legs splayed, twisting on uneven ground. This pose is now perfect, and we may have a future grail on our hands.

Brother, I hope you’re joking. Wolverine is lunging forward, legs splayed, twisting on uneven ground. This pose is now perfect, and we may have a future grail on our hands.

Yes, I was joking.

Should've added some emojis.

Frankly I didn't really mind the previous lean all that much.

I don't know if this can ever be a grail with the high ES it has.. I always figured grails were great pieces that were hard to come by.. This could end up just being a really really great Wolverine statue.. Which is just fine :)

Looks great to me.

marvel-wolverine-premium-format-figure-sideshow-300543-03.jpg

Looks like a winner for sure.. Congrats to them who got him.. I am looking forward to seeing in hand pics.. I was on the fence about this one for a long time.. Even Sold my Brown Wolverine to get this.. But then something happened and I just could pull the trigger.. Then there was those awful pics.. Glad to see that that was an anomaly..

One of the things that I don't like it the short gloves he has.. Wolverine always has the Forearm sized gloves.. But this is a more realistic approach with a very different costume so I get it.. I just cant unsee it :lol

Its why I went with Iron Studios version...

But I am Really looking forward to In hand pics.. Congrats on what looks like a winner.

Glad I was wrong. Looks like that lean is indeed fixed! The only thing now I would've done differently is not have the sideburns show through the cowl, but that'd okay. It makes more sense that we would see them go past the cowl. Hopefully the paint color/texture is different enough from the black part of the cowl so that it doesn't look strange.

PPLO3Aa.png

Back