New version: Mr. Toys Slave Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll reserve final judgment but to be honest she is looking a little too much like one of Robert Palmer's girls except with inexplicable sideburns...

OffbeatUglyJoey-size_restricted.gif

I'll reserve final judgment but to be honest she is looking a little too much like one of Robert Palmer's girls except with inexplicable sideburns...

View attachment 576484

I saw that yesterday on One Sixth Republic.

Chan Ox

15 hrs ·

My custom 1/6 Princess Leila. By Ox Chan.
# MR. toys MT2021-08
# slightly make up on headsculpt
# slightly repaint on TBL S12D seamless body

They should've left the head alone.

The stock sculpt from Joao's video:

vlcsnap-2022-05-11-10h40m44s308.jpg

This was Mr. Toys' first version from 2016:

5.jpg

3.jpg

http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2016/06/mr-toys-16th-scale-planet-princess-head.html

I didn't have much hopes for the new version, but it was cheap and worth a shot.

Actually looks pretty good here.
It’s a minor nit, but the whole idea of a seamless body seems wasted if the hand/wrist area looks like a chonky infant’s wrist. I’d almost rather them take slight liberty with the costume and throw in an extra bracelet or something to cover it up.

It’s a minor nit, but the whole idea of a seamless body seems wasted if the hand/wrist area looks like a chonky infant’s wrist. I’d almost rather them take slight liberty with the costume and throw in an extra bracelet or something to cover it up.

Wow! Exactly what I was thinking yesterday! I was thinking I need some way to cover the other wrist- it really is the one thing that makes it look unnatural!

Good points. Wrist joints have always been an ugly issue with figures.

Some characters definitely look much nicer in statue format.

Very unfortunate choice to mold those hair tassles into sideburns. You have to wonder what they were thinking. In the earlier Leia Slave knockoff head version, they just left those tassles off and it was fine.

And not sure why this new version lost the likeness more than the earlier Leia slave head.

The first thing I’ve had shipping to me for months and it looks like that… woof. Gonna have to have the head angled down in despair so I don’t have to see it.

Last edited:
Has anyone on here got this in hand yet and tried it with any other body than the S12D? I ordered the smaller breast body, but worry that it won’t fill all the places it needs to fill.

Has anyone on here got this in hand yet and tried it with any other body than the S12D? I ordered the smaller breast body, but worry that it won’t fill all the places it needs to fill.
Sadly, it won’t work on a smaller bust body. I tried with the earlier version on a mid bust Jiaou doll (the only thing that matched the head sculpt), and the side of the bra sticks out like wings away from the chest — it’s ridiculous. i don’t know if the reason the company chose the 12d body is because it was the only one “available” at the time, or if they just decided she needed huge boobs to sell…

Last edited:
I collect a good deal of smaller 1/12 sculpted action figures as well, and a lot of times dipping a part in boiling water and then placing it, and running cold water on the part to "freeze" the new shaping in place works well. I will probably get a smaller bust model, and do just that with the bra.

I collect a good deal of smaller 1/12 sculpted action figures as well, and a lot of times dipping a part in boiling water and then placing it, and running cold water on the part to "freeze" the new shaping in place works well. I will probably get a smaller bust model, and do just that with the bra.
My thoughts exactly. bought an Endor Leia head now too so a bit of surgery to attach the ponytail and should be good to go.

The new version is a different design, and the plates on the skirt are a different design too.

The body also looks smaller than their first attempt, so the bra may have been scaled down.

If it's no good I'll use the Hasbro bra which is a perfect fit on the VeryCool body. It doesn't have the lower gold arms, and the little thread holding clip on the front needs cutting off.

This isn't a figure I care much about, so if she's no good I'll bury her amongst other figures and chalk it up as another bad gamble.

Sadly, it won’t work on a smaller bust body. I tried with the earlier version on a mid bust Jiaou doll (the only thing that matched the head sculpt), and the side of the bra sticks out like wings away from the chest — it’s ridiculous. i don’t know if the reason the company chose the 12d body is because it was the only one “available” at the time, or if they just decided she needed huge boobs to sell…
Oh no, I wish I hadn't ordered it now. I'll try get KG Hobby to swap it. On the plus side it's still in the awaiting shipment phase. On the negative side it's KG Hobby and their customer service department is ridiculously slow at responding.

KGhobby sent a tracking #.
I have the AC Play version and that one also has the bikini top issue described by Stryker2011. I went with a Hasbro top with, I think, the 12D. Her cups runneth over, but it looked so much better.

Back