New Universal Monsters @ Toyfair!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry, but to me, Sideshow's 12" figures have better sculpts than these and if they don't improve on what's out there, then I don't need to purchase them.

4359699120_6f9a8a7c1c_o.jpg

YIKES!!!:horror:sick

I'm sorry, but to me, Sideshow's 12" figures have better sculpts than these and if they don't improve on what's out there, then I don't need to purchase them.

It's hard to improve on Sideshow, They are the best that money can buy! :D However, I have a special place in my heart for Executive Replicas and Amoktime Toys and their Boris Karloff "Icons of Horror & Sci-Fi Collection" Premium 12 inch Action Figure. :D

So because they're MEGO and not 12" they're out of the question? :dunno

thats_racist_animated.gif

All peeps---Please look at all of the pics in the link. There are several differnt types of figures for each character. There are the Universal Select with bases (like Marvel Select), and there are the Retro looking/quaint Mego Type with cloth over the bodies. Then there are mini mates.....Its apparent they plan on releasing a buncha different stuff.:rolleyes:

I noticed some of these figures say September '11, '12 on their cards. Is that 2011, 2012? Seems kinda crazy to debuting them so far in advance.

I noticed some of these figures say September '11, '12 on their cards. Is that 2011, 2012? Seems kinda crazy to debuting them so far in advance.

Yeah I read on another forum that what they're doing is stretching the license and releases out over 2-3 years. It does seem weird, I agree but at least it's something to look forward to...

A year between waves just means they will fail. Not many people will hang on to a line that slow. Too bad these are dead before they even got a chance. :(

A year between waves just means they will fail. Not many people will hang on to a line that slow. Too bad these are dead before they even got a chance. :(

I dunno about that. Its kind of appealing actually. I would never have bought as many Marvel Select figures as I have if they were pounding me with wave after wave. As it is, they will be comparatively inexpensive and more of an impulse buy instead of "oh no---another line I have to collect!" kind of thing. but---to each their own!:chew

Mass market, potentially. But aimed at the collector, it's fairly smart. Gives me time to save up between waves.

I dunno about that. Its kind of appealing actually. I would never have bought as many Marvel Select figures as I have if they were pounding me with wave after wave. As it is, they will be comparatively inexpensive and more of an impulse buy instead of "oh no---another line I have to collect!" kind of thing. but---to each their own!:chew

Yes when places give me time in between waves, That makes me buy all the more Collectibles.:lol:rotfl

What bothers me is that these seem to be based off of the generic versions of the characters that Universal uses to avoid using actor likenesses. That Frankenstein has a bit of Karloff in him, but I struggle to see Chaney in the Wolf Man, and the Bride doesn't look like Lanchester at all. And let's not overlook the fact that the "Mego" Dracula had fangs. I'll go for the minmates for sure, but these figures still don't compete with the Sideshow product from years past.

What bothers me is that these seem to be based off of the generic versions of the characters that Universal uses to avoid using actor likenesses. That Frankenstein has a bit of Karloff in him, but I struggle to see Chaney in the Wolf Man, and the Bride doesn't look like Lanchester at all. And let's not overlook the fact that the "Mego" Dracula had fangs. I'll go for the minmates for sure, but these figures still don't compete with the Sideshow product from years past.

I don't think they're meant to. :lol

i want the gillman and franky for sure.

Diamond Select Creature is up for preorder at Amoktime. :D

Also,

Greetings!
8 all new Amok Time "MONSTARZ" arrive on 3/5 GUARANTEED! Here's what coming in: SUPER SIZE Creature from the Black Lagoon, Zacherley, The Hideous Sun Demon, Horror of Party Beach, Night of the Living Dead Ben, Groovie Goolies Drac, Wolfie and Frankie!:chew

Last edited:
Back