New to Universal Monsters Movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you watched "Bride" yet, that has some equally (if not more so) impressive special effects in it; and it is easily my favorite Universal film, it is actually quite touching, controversial and gripping at the same time.

:lecture

Have you watched "Bride" yet, that has some equally (if not more so) impressive special effects in it; and it is easily my favorite Universal film, it is actually quite touching, controversial and gripping at the same time.

Cant wait, to check it out. I am also looking forward to all the crossover films.:D

It's my favorite Universal Monster movie too. It's a beautifully made film.

Is there a good box set out there for these>

I recommend getting each monster's own Legacy Collection:

51TJYXBG5VL._SL500_AA240_.jpg]

B0001CNRNE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

:wave

the LEGACY EDITION's / SERIES DVDs (Frank, Drac & Mummy) have slightly better picture quality, but NO WHERE near the value of the LEGACY COLLECTIONS.

Without being blasphemous here I'd recommend that once you have enjoyed the Universal classics, you then move onto the Hammer classics. The Christopher Lee/Peter Cushing/Terence Fisher trifecta is a joy to watch.

Without being blasphemous here I'd recommend that once you have enjoyed the Universal classics, you then move onto the Hammer classics. The Christopher Lee/Peter Cushing/Terence Fisher trifecta is a joy to watch.

nice recomendation. I 2nd this.

The Horror of Dracula is one of the best horror films ever. The final battle between Van Helsing and Dracula scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. Great movie, great performances. It still holds up.

Yes!
But it will be a while to get to the Hammer. I have quite a collection of Universal to go through. I am currently beginning creature from the black lagoon.

Bumping this thread up. I managed to get a buddy hooked on these movies along with me and now we have a weekly thing called "Universal Tuesdays" where we watch random Universal Monster movies. He has an old school styled home theater in his basement, which adds to the experience, (The projector screen is from wall-to-wall)

The last two weeks we checked out "The Invisible Ray" and "It came from Outer Space"....I especially like teh effects of it came from outer space, the music was great, but the Alien was just a giant Eyeball that sprinkled goldust everywhere he went :)

Back