New to the PF line, where should I start?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckstar

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello everyone! The new Dark Rider statue has sealed my fate and now.....just a WEEEEE bit too late......I have decided to try and pick up this complete line.

So, as I am new to this, I was hoping some of the nice folks here might be able to offer some advice as to which order I should purchase the rest of the PF line.

Just to help out, here is the complete list:

Lurtz
Frodo
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the Grey
Galadriel
Aragorn
Legolas
Uruk Hai Beserker
Moria Orc
Mordor Orc
Gollum
Morgul Lord

I think that is it. I am able to purchase a Frodo locally for a good price so that is going to be my first purchase, but after that, where should I go next? I am not a huge fan of any of the exclusives, but are there some that are just a MUST HAVE as an exclusive?

Thank you very much for any advice :)

Lurtz and Berzerker are awesome! And if you can land the Exclusives, you will not regret it - Worth every penny.

I have the berserker PF Ex, Number 390.
In the near future, it is possible that he shows up for sale.

Run... as fast as you can.

Still there?
If you can start with Lurtz. Fantastic PF. I had the EX on pre-order. Cancelled because the line seemed to be on the slow burn. Sat on the fence for a few years and finally jumped in to the LotR PF line last year. After getting sniped on a couple of EX I ended p getting the Lurtz reg for $500, which was still a good deal considering what they go for now. I've gotten all the others except for the Moria Orc which I'll pick up eventually.

Second choice would be Gandalf EX.

The two hardest to get are lurtz and berserker and are the best of the line for sure. The posture of the berserker is so great ex or not. For lurtz, standing with his bow is better, so Ex for this one. But prepare your wallet $$$$.

One great too is Gandalf the grey, not expensive and easy to get. Ex or not. I like the hat.

I bought morgul lord because i collect Lotr, but i dont really like it. He does'nt look bad @ss like in the last movie.

For the rest, i invested in the maquette line. Prettier statue than the PF. The Gimli is so nice.

People prefer aragorn PF but i think he looks more like viggo in the maquette line.

Also, boromir coming out next week and seem's very promising. Cant wait.

PF to get in last, moria orc and mordor orc. They are great but less iconic than the others.

Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

I too started late in the LOTR PF Line but have already managed to land an EX Lurtz, EX Aragorn, Gollum and have an EX Berserker on the way :)
Still looking for Frodo and GTG

i have 4 PFs. Smeagol/Gollum, GTG, Aragorn and Frodo. the Gandalf & Aragorn i have arn't EX's but they are still amazing.
in order of awesomeness Gandalf The Grey, for me Aragorn & Smeagol/Gollum are a tie, then Frodo.

:gandalf with the hat on he looks like he is leading the fellowship through the Mines of Moria.
if you get the EX. like someone else said he looks like he is about to take on the Balrog.

I guess no one really likes it, but Inreally like the Legolas PF. One of my favorites of the line. I think the cut and sew on it are incredible.

But I still agree with the others in that Lurtz EX and Beserker EX should probably be first choice. They are the rarest and just incredible pieces. Love the Beserker EX particularly.

Personally I think the Moria Orc Exclusivee is a must. I have it, and I can honestly say the helmet adds a whole new dimension to the piece!
Even if your not fussy on getting any EX, I highy recommend.
:rock:rock:rock

One I really couldn't care for is the Argorn Ex.
I only got it because I was lucky enough to pick it up for the same price as a regular, but the Elven Blade hand doesn't do anything for me at all.

Hope that helps? :)

Personally I think the Moria Orc Exclusivee is a must. I have it, and I can honestly say the helmet adds a whole new dimension to the piece!
Even if your not fussy on getting any EX, I highy recommend.
:rock:rock:rock

One I really couldn't care for is the Argorn Ex.
I only got it because I was lucky enough to pick it up for the same price as a regular, but the Elven Blade hand doesn't do anything for me at all.

Hope that helps? :)

i have the normal Aragorn :aragorn and i have to say it looks like his left hand is about to grab the hilt of his sword
so with both hands, he can take another orc head off :rock

here's mine

AragornPFface.jpg

well start of buy getting the dark rider of mordor EX PF... cause if you miss it now and it sells out you will be paying double for it later down the line lol

Wow, thank you guys for all the responses! If anyone has the exclusive lurtz or beserker for a good, non 3k, price, lmk :p

Wow, thank you guys for all the responses! If anyone has the exclusive lurtz or beserker for a good, non 3k, price, lmk :p

keep checking ebay. i'm sure you can get the berserker for around ~$1000. alot of $$ but alot of people want it, have a look at this great video on the Uruk Hai Berserker [ame]https://youtu.be/91P29ZpKBOo[/ame] :rock video is buy another Freaker.

Back