(NEW) To Buy Or Not To Buy: KANE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To Buy Or Not To Buy: Kane

• Buy him, he rocks!

Votes: 37 72.5%
  • Save your money, he's not worth it

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters
I think this figure is amazing , I have been waiting for the both ever since seeing the movie years back. Although I didn't even think about not buying it so I'm probably biased. :lol

I think that if you have been considering it for the last 4 months and you are asking for others' opinions, then you probably don't like it that much:confused:

I personally am not too excited about these and actually am more thrilled about the "she-predator" figure. :naughty

im on the same wagon , the suits are cool thought , but cost too much , were they 30-20 dollars cheaper ...

WRONG!!

Marmit released both a Dallas and Kane statue.
this thread is about a figure and that's what i meant... not statues.

in any case, from that pic it doesn't look even remotely like john hurt. they didn't even try.
might as well be a "guy in a space suit" statue.
________
Echo

Last edited:
I think Hot Toys stuff is too expensive BUT their Kane almost seems worth it, considering the extra helmet.

I'm getting him, but my problems with it are...
1-the egg is too small
2-the egg is from Alien:Resurrection, it needs to be changed to the "Alien" version.
3-I wish they'd show us the headsculpt, if it's waaaaay off, it might be a deal breaker.

I had one on preorder through Sideshow but I ultimately decided to pass. With all the TDK, Ironman, Machiko, and Star Wars figures coming out over the next two quarters, it'd be too much to bite off.

BUY HIM!

:)

Even if the headsculpt is off, who'd use it? Everyone's gonna pose him with facehugger attached.

If you buy one single piece from HT 1/6 Alien line (besides Ripley and the Giger Alien), this would be the one.

BUY HIM!

:)

Even if the headsculpt is off, who'd use it? Everyone's gonna pose him with facehugger attached.

If you buy one single piece from HT 1/6 Alien line (besides Ripley and the Giger Alien), this would be the one.

I'm in a cycle of making my mind up to buy him and then changing my mind! :confused:

The Cricket shin pads really put me off recently and most people that I show the picture to don't know who he is. I guess I never felt so hesitant with P2 BD or P2 Elder which makes me think - this figure probably won't hold it's value like the others. I may be completely wrong. I think I'll splash out on an Gieger Alien, when it arrives of course.

:peace

Im a big alien fan and I think these figures look great but at the end off the day thier just guys in space suits. If HT release a alien it would be a definate purchase.
Way more iconic than the guys in the space suits.

These are going to be my first 12" figures. I collect PFs for the most part but could not pass on these after seeing tha BSP. They lookk absolutely awesome with lights and exchangeble heads. I just wished they were premium formats..

And remember, they will start to ship in August.....

:confused:There is a lot of mystery and delay around these for a Hot Toys product.I do hope it s not over the sculpt.I ADORE Hot Toys,but their one Achilles heel seems to be how they secure their licencing.

I'm getting him, but my problems with it are...
1-the egg is too small
2-the egg is from Alien:Resurrection, it needs to be changed to the "Alien" version.
3-I wish they'd show us the headsculpt, if it's waaaaay off, it might be a deal breaker.

McFarlanes eggs were too small aswell. They should at least be above knee level.

According to Sideshow's newsletter this should be shipping soon? I'm still interested to see how the suits will work out as plastic as opposed to textile (wonder if that caused the delay), but based on HT's track record they wouldn't sacrifice quality for the easy way out.

Back