New Time for Weekly Sideshow Newsletter Launch!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty

just me
Reaction score
Hi guys & gals,

We just sent out a notification about this to your inboxes, but just in case you don't see it:

Starting on Thursday, October 14th, 2010, our weekly newsletter will publish between 2pm - 3pm Pacific Time.

We have made this adjustment so that our Customer Service team will be available to you during the newsletter launch.

And remember; you will be able to view your personalized newsletter online as soon as it is published, through your newsletter account. No need to wait for it to arrive in your inbox!

I'm glad you guys are doing this so there can be staff on hand when preorders go live, but I can't say I'm a fan of this. Simply because many of us on the east coast and midwest are commuting at those times. :monkey2

Thanks for the info---Being closer to the East coast ---I like the old time.
Oh Well...

I'm glad you guys are doing this so there can be staff on hand when preorders go live, but I can't say I'm a fan of this. Simply because many of us on the east coast and midwest are commuting at those times. :monkey2

You and I are in the same boat. :(

I'm on the East Coast and either @ the office or commuting during the new time.

What really prompted the change? Too many "whiners" about having problem(s) w/ pre-orders?

If it's on the later end of that window, I'll be commuting as well. :(

Thank God for the iPhone, though. :yess:

Now this stuff is going to go live, while I'm working. I'll have to wait to order until I get home.

So either this isn't as big of an issue for people as I thought it would be, or there is going to be mass hysteria come Thursday.

Very happy with the change. I was always scrambling at work trying not to get caught checking for the update, and the time always seemed to coincide with a kick off or tip off, and some patron would want to make a large wager. So yeah, this gives me some breathing room.

Can someone explain to this newb why the time is important? The time difference alone wouldn't leave anyone without a pre-order who wanted one surely?

Can someone explain to this newb why the time is important? The time difference alone wouldn't leave anyone without a pre-order who wanted one surely?

For a pieces that sell out in minutes, the time difference is a pretty big deal. The old time made it really easy for just about everybody in the US to be in front of a computer when the web site went live. This new time should make it a little easier for non-US folk, and also add the bonus of having Sideshow staff on hand during preorders. Personally, I think it will really screw people on the east coast and in the midwest. We'll see how it goes, I guess.

Personally, I think it will really screw people on the east coast and in the midwest. We'll see how it goes, I guess.

I'm in the midwest... but its the last hour of work for me; so baring any unexpected events I can be front and center :rock

This change along with non-refundable deposits on exclusives, which seems to be coming starting with Beast, are good moves by Sideshow.

That's severely debatable but back on topic, it should be interesting to see how it goes. I remember the Gray Hulk or other NL Exclusives that sold out in minutes, PZ PF anyone? Can you imagine the fanboy rage if it goes up at 2 PM PST and is sold out by 2:10 PST? Either way its a double edged sword, EU folks have been complaining about the NL time for a while...

It's the old "some of the people, some of the time" argument. But a non-refundable would stop some of the preorder flippers and allow those who truly want a piece to be able to order it. Just like I always had to take a "bathroom break" at the same time, repeatedly for about an hour, every Thursday to be sure I could see the new releases, others will have to compromise their schedules just a bit to be able to check. I'm actually probably going to be commuting to work during the new time, but will check at stoplights.

Back