new TDK Joker sculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you're making more of the facial wrinkles than they actually are. It's not so much a wrinkle as it is a crack in the paint. When applying the make-up Ledger would scrunch up his face into different positions resulting in some areas not being made white (or black). It's a paint issue more than a sculptural one, but one that would be very hard to pull off in sixth scale.

What i want to see someone do (And perhaps what some already do?) Is to make the sculpt based primarily off a regular Heath Ledger, then, add the mouth scarring, and add the joker makeup. I think alot of people are so focused on grabbing the direct joker likeness, that parts of the actual Heath get left out, or misrepresented under all that makeup. Thats all it was at the end of the day, Heath Ledger in makeup. So they should sculpt just a regular ledger, then detail it/paint it up.

You should go take a look at Ada Chan's Joker, that's exactly what she did.

Improving imo, I think u shud:

raise the inner eyebrow higher and not keep it down so low frowning, reduce the nose bulbous shape (seen from the side),smooth those wrinkles, reduce the strength of the ends of the eyebrows by making them appear ruffled at their ends...

also the scars on the left side need to be raised slightly (off the skin on the cheek) and be scored into a 4 star shaped scar... I wish I cud achieve such a sculpt, good work, Im a drawer and painter but thats my thort...

Yeah, I've thought he wore more than just the mouth scars myself. He was only 28, I believe and had a smooth face. The thing with prosthetics, there's the "meat" of the piece and you have the wide, tissue-thin flange that's blended off into the skin. I think most or all of the fine lines in his face were just that thin foam latex wrinkling as he contorted his face. Even in your avatar he's still wearing the black eye make-up, as it's tough to make such a nice, trust-worthy face like Heath's look menacing. It's there, just not as heavy; more of an Ozzy Osbourne effect. Also, if you compare the two real pics of Heath I posted his eyebrows have been shaved down and shaped to look more angry in that make-up test shot.

Here's round one of the "Joker-fication" of the Heath sculpt. I pushed his brow down a bit, too. Still a WIP. Constructive comments and opinions welcome and appreciated. I'll try to get a couple pics later on that don't make his nose look like a turnip :banghead

00joker1.jpg

Looks like Richard Dreyfus :monkey3

Back