New site, I wonder how many people know where to go...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ike

Yes and No. I think F/B is just another format to use.
What you said is what I have actually done and
I honestly hate F/B. The navigation is horrible

That said, i bet there are many New members that does not
know about the custom site which is one if the problems.

The custom site will probably do a slow death with the same
20 members there now.

I think Like any business model these days , you must catered to
the new generation or it is going to end the business

My .02

Hey Ike

Yes and No. I think F/B is just another format to use.
What you said is what I have actually done and
I honestly hate F/B. The navigation is horrible

That said, i bet there are many New members that does not
know about the custom site which is one if the problems.

The custom site will probably do a slow death with the same
20 members there now.

I think Like any business model these days , you must catered to
the new generation or it is going to end the business

My .02

Well I don't want to say his name, but 4-5 years ago he had the right idea.
By opening a custom figure site where he was only selling limited custom figure runs
by well known artists. He did all the leg work, contacted the custom figure companies
and put up the money to get it started and maintained.

But he got ratted out and people got in trouble. But it ran strong
for a couple years. And only people that followed him on FB or forums got the link and
joined the site. But even if you tried to join, if you were not a regular on the forums or his FB,
you didn't get access to the site. We need a conglomerate site like that, a group effort.

Just throwing that out there.....

It used to be easier. Now everyone is doing closed face book groups that not everyone can join.
The other site is not pulling that much even when others are told about it.

Let's face it, people are inherently lazy. They don't want to take a few minutes to join another forum or closed FB group.

But it may be, we'll have to make a closed face book group just for this. Just like some of the high end 1/6 people
do already. That way you can control who gets in. I know not everyone likes FB, I don't. But it's just like my eBay store.
I keep it, because it gets the most on site traffic. That's what FB is becoming as well for the custom figure runs.

Granted, whom ever set's it up will have a lot on their hands and it will be very slow for the first 6 months.
But it's at least still a way to control letting more people in or not.

I don’t do Facebook, absolutely hate it. My wife has an account, so I occasionally check a few of the artists. So when someone is doing a custom project, I still have no way of knowing who is doing it until it gets mentioned on the new site and then I try to find out about it. The information is not being shared in a way which benefits the group. There seems to be an assumption that everyone is following everyone so information is not being passed along. Is there a specific FB page that is all encompassing? Or, do you need to check in with several sites weekly to keep in the loop?

Hey Great

The F/B deal is just very fragmented.

I hate it. Then if you go back to the
current custom site, it is slightly better
but there is really no discussion other than
from the 20 same guys on the site

There are some new members but very little

So are there one, two, three FB sites that cover the customs that apply to us? I want to stay in the know, but don’t want to start joining these FB sites via my wife’s account, unless absolutely necessary.

There are many clubs out there . I am going to see if
I can get a 1 place for all set up via Face Book for everyone

Do you collect high end Yunsil figures?

Sounds like a great idea. I have many of the high end Yunsil projects.

So are there one, two, three FB sites that cover the customs that apply to us? I want to stay in the know, but don’t want to start joining these FB sites via my wife’s account, unless absolutely necessary.

Sounds like a great idea. I have many of the high end Yunsil projects.

Most all of our favorite high end sculptors, clothes makers and accessory makers have closed group or private business FB pages.
That's because they all sell on them. I know I follow several but the true private one's you can't even friend request.
So like DoggieDoc, Full Metal, Caine just to name a few, You can follow and like, but no option to friend. I think if I remember
correctly, they have to friend you. That's the only way you'll be able to see what's on their page. So pretty much the same as closed
but most of those have an auto-join function and whom ever is admin is who will make the approval or decline.

Here are some that I have joined. Though the custom one sixth only one isn't all that great. And most of the figure are
not true custom figures.

pages.JPG

Back