Premium Format New Sideshow Spiderman PF Quality Control Issues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your experience with the PF Spiderman?

• I got the EX and it arrived to my satisfaction

Votes: 46 54.1%
  • I got the EX and it had defects

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • I got the Regular version and it arrived to my satisfaction

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • I got the Regular version and it had defects

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters

Craig Walker

Super Freak
Reaction score
Seems to me the people having paint issues or "It's broken" issues have been 100% the EX version.

Chime in with your experience:

Got an EX in and it was good enough to me. No breaks and no major paint issues to warrant a send back.

I got the EX and closely looked it over after receipt. No issues. Very happy with it. I feel I got lucky, which is not how it should be.

Sounds reminiscent of the Comiquette, which was plagued with terrible paint apps.

I think that in general, Spidey is just a hard character to get right in statue form. All that webbing has to be a challenge to get right for any company. I've seen quite a few Spidey statues in my life and most of them have issues. One of my favorites is the Koto Spidey unleashed and the webbing on the run of that piece was hardly good. I'm very interested to see how the XM Spidey turns out. They are known for superior paint apps but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they ran into QC problems with their Spidey release.

Mine was the regular, had the thigh blue paint tissue stain issue, got it replaced no problem so I'm happy.

--------------

EX had a broken finger and a lot of paint app problems. Had to return it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Just got my EX today and has a cracked leg. I was told I can not get a replacement and can either get $80 credit or full refund. I will be canceling all of the rest of my pieces. Every order I have gotten I have had to send back for replacement except for Batgirl

Just got my EX today and has a cracked leg. I was told I can not get a replacement and can either get $80 credit or full refund. I will be canceling all of the rest of my pieces. Every order I have gotten I have had to send back for replacement except for Batgirl

wow that is disappointing. Why didn't they just agree to just send you a new body instead of a full replacement? makes no sense to give $80 credit to keep a broken statue. nobody would agree to that

Back