New Sideshow Daredevil Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not going to lie, I really like this. Not sure why it’s getting so much hate. It’s a nice blend of classic and contemporary design, but if it’s not your thing simply look elswhere. There have been a number of DD statues done in a classic comic book design, and in my honest opinion I’m yet to see one that really does the character justice. My only nitpick with this piece is the billy-clubs being way too think/huge.

There has been only one licensed classic comic DD done in 1/4 scale...the OG DD PF. It didn't turn out very good. XM's DD is just like this new PF...a made up modernized version. Collectors that passed on the OG PF because they didn't like the way it looked still want a good looking classic comic DD. That's where some peoples frustration lies when it comes to this sideshowified PF.

Not going to lie, I really like this. Not sure why it’s getting so much hate. It’s a nice blend of classic and contemporary design, but if it’s not your thing simply look elswhere. There have been a number of DD statues done in a classic comic book design, and in my honest opinion I’m yet to see one that really does the character justice. My only nitpick with this piece is the billy-clubs being way too think/huge.

Nobody wants a blend :lol

Prime1 is my hope for classic DD. If they ever make it then

Everyone is worried about too much Black.. It looks to be a dark red... Still may not make you happy but its does not appear to be black.

Edit... Well it could just be the lighting.. As he is much more red overall in this pic.

29750215_1718217494910428_6657205998272329953_o.jpg

After reading all the negative comments, and because I hadn't yet seen the teaser pics I had assumed that this new PF was terrible. But imo it isn't that bad at all. Imo it's quite a bit better than the Bats and Cap that just went up for preorder.

Though I didn't really care for the Electra much. But that could just be because of the pose she's in.

Unfortunately all these new PFs with the so called Sideshowified costumes have the exact same comments in each one, from usually the exact same posters posting the same multiple comments in each thread. It's gotten to the stage where people should just copy and paste their comments from thread to thread. I'm guessing the bulk of the people who want 'classic' costumes on this board are going to be saving quite a bit of cash. :dunno

Ok let me ask...

All this frustration with "new looks"

Why are we OK with it in video games... I mean Arkham Batman was not anything like the comics.. And it just kept getting crazier.. People eat the collectibles up.

SO here is DareDevil with a bit more modern look but it is without question Daredevil. Yet its like blasphemy. Hell I wish that was the Netflix series costume.

There also seems to be a bit of the old "SSC owes me" thing going on.. I mean they just did a classic DareDevil... Now they are doing this new thing... I am sure SS will return to the classic look but I get why its time for something new and fresh with many of their characters.. You may not like it but if I was collecting Batman statues I would be happy with this direction... If I owned a bunch of DareDevil I would be pumped for this... If I was depending on SSC to release "My fav Daredevil" then I would just have to suck it up and move on...

I will never get the anger that happens over these glorified toys. Disappointment? Yes.. Anger? No.

Ok let me ask...

Why are we OK with it in video games... I mean Arkham Batman was not anything like the comics.. And it just kept getting crazier.. People eat the collectibles up.

SO here is DareDevil with a bit more modern look but it is without question Daredevil. Yet its like blasphemy. Hell I wish that was the Netflix series costume.

There also seems to be a bit of the old "SSC owes me" thing going on.. I mean they just did a classic DareDevil... Now they are doing this new thing... I am sure SS will return to the classic look but I get why its time for something new and fresh with many of their characters.. You may not like it but if I was collecting Batman statues I would be happy with this direction... If I owned a bunch of DareDevil I would be pumped for this... If I was depending on SSC to release "My fav Daredevil" then I would just have to suck it up and move on...

I will never get the anger that happens over these glorified toys. Disappointment? Yes.. Anger? No.

There's no consistency. The first DD PF was a dud. I mean, come on...overall ES of 1000 for the first ever 1/4 licensed DD? Collectors that passed on it wanted a good looking classic comic DD in their collection. Too soon for another classic DD you say? That didn't stop sideshow from re-releasing another classic GL PF in record time when peeps raged against the 1st one. Sideshow released a new Trinity set and gave us a rebirth styled set. First came comic inspired Rebirth WW (looks great), and then came the comic inspired Rebirth Supes (mixed response). So, collectors PO the Rebirth inspired WW and Supes and wait patiently for a Bats PF to go with them. Instead of a Rebirth inspired Bats that matches the set, we get a messed up AA/AO inspired Bats that sticks out like a sore thumb. Peeps waiting for a classic Deathstroke? Sideshow say F you and eat our Deathstroker. Want to finish that classic Big 7 JL set. F you and enjoy our sideshowified take on the JL from here out. Wait, enjoy what looks like a classic inspired GA PF. But, hold on to your breath and wait to see what the lower half of his body will look like because you know we love our off color pads and straps. Sideshow is a damn mess and the shyte their getting is of their own making.

Last edited:
There's no consistency. The first DD PF was a dud. I mean, come on...overall ES of 1000 for the first ever 1/4 licensed DD? Collectors that passed on it wanted a good looking classic comic DD in their collection. Too soon for amother classic DD you say? That didn't stop sideshow from re-releasing another classic GL PF in record time when peeps raged against the 1st one. Sideshow released a new Trinity set and gave us a rebirth styled set. First came comic inspired Rebirth WW (looks great), and then came the comic inspired Rebirth Supes (mixed response). So, collectors PO the Rebirth inspired WW and Supes and wait patiently for a Bats PF to go with them. Instead of a Rebirth inspired Bats that matches the set, we get a messed up AA/AO inspired Bats that sticks out like a sore thumb. Peeps waiting for a classic Deathstroke? Sideshow say F you and eat our Deathstroker. Want to finish that classic Big 7 JL set. F you and enjoy our sideshowified take on the JL from here out. Wait, enjoy what looks like a classic inspired GA PF. But, hold on to your breath and wait to see what the lower half of his body will look like because you know we love our off color pads and straps. Sideshow is a damn mess and the shyte their getting is of their own making.

Well I guess that since I like it I have no issue with it. At the same time if I did not like it I would just move on.

I think this costume looks really good and way better than the Netflix design.

But there are things I don't like:
1) pose is yet another "one leg up" crap
2) the base is just ***king stupid
3) his face looks weird

I think this costume looks really good and way better than the Netflix design.

But there are things I don't like:
1) pose is yet another "one leg up" crap
2) the base is just ***king stupid
3) his face looks weird

The face does look a bit odd.

Well I guess that since I like it I have no issue with it. At the same time if I did not like it I would just move on.

Glad passing works for you. It doesn't for me. I've spent thousands of dollars on sideshow pieces and like to get basic classic lineups completed. If sideshow would've started their business over a decade ago with modern sideshowified costumes, I could've passed on all of their products and not blink (and saved a lot of money). However, they didn't. Now I have classic lineups that have been abandoned, ignored, or filled in with these garbage sideshowified costumes. Give us great looking classic PFs first, and then they can release whatever the hell they want. I don't care. Just revisit the "A" list characters every 5 to 7 years because demand for them in classic form will ALWAYS be high. I NEED another classic Cap PF in the worst way and have been waiting a decade for one. That's ridiculous and to top things off, they OWN North America so no other company can give us 1/4 classic statues here. My anger and frustration just continues to boil.

Ok let me ask...

Couldnt agree more with this :goodpost: :clap

Couldnt agree more with this :goodpost: :clap

If Marvel used this costume in the TV show or a Daredevil game, then people would love it lol. It's like people need the costumes to be based on another media form before it gets turned into a statue.

Ok let me ask...

I don't really think your Arkham comparison works. People who buy those statues enjoy playing the games and having statues based on the game. This Daredevil statue is based on nothing that people have read, watched, or played. It's just a made up costume by Sideshow. Sideshow basically thinks that their designs are better than the subject matter that made people fans in the first place.

That being said, I don't really have a problem with this statue. However, I can get why people who want a classic Daredevil for their collection would be upset.

Back