New Sideshow Daredevil Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you've made your point. Many, many times.

I'm sure that many agree with you, as your points are more than valid.

And I really don't mean to be offensive etc, but unfortunately if it keeps on going like it has across multiple threads it's going to start reading like ranting and raving soon. No matter how valid your points.

It's unfortunate that Sideshows art direction is moving in this direction, but I think it may be time for some to cut their losses and accept their Sideshow collection as is.

(Just my final 2 cents on the issue).

My point is...most business look to give their customers what they want or are asking for. Just going off the list of characters you mentioned, that's a ton of PFs you passed on just because of the way sideshow runs its business. That's lost dollars for sideshow. Now multiply that by other collectors who share your philosophy. That's a substantial amount of lost revenue. How does that help sideshow's bottom line? How does me (or others like me) keeping quiet help me get the collection I want to display? Sideshow may not give a shyte but that won't stop me from speaking my mind or discussing this topic with like mined collectors. IMO, sideshow doesn't have any excuses for completing essential lines. Absolutely none. If they can release a Venomsaurus Rex (ES 175) COM that nobody asked for and a Man Thing COM that totaled 300 pieces...there should be no problem completing the lineups they abandoned. Nor do I see a problem with collectors posting that they insist sideshow complete certain lineups. Regardless if they listen or not.

Well I never said you guys should be silent. After pages and pages and pages of this same topic in here, batman and cap i just wanted to throw in my thoughts. Thats all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I never said you guys should be silent. After pages and pages and pages of this same topic in here, batman and cap i just wanted to throw in my thoughts. Thats all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it may be time for someone to make a new isolated thread/s in the Marvel and DC sections, so that all this venting is properly directed.

And to allow those who 'may' actually like these new PFs to celebrate the pieces, and not just read pages of negativity.

I think you've made your point. Many, many times.

I'm sure that many agree with you, as your points are more than valid.

And I really don't mean to be offensive etc, but unfortunately if it keeps on going like it has across multiple threads it's going to start reading like ranting and raving soon. No matter how valid your points.

It's unfortunate that Sideshows art direction is moving in this direction, but I think it may be time for some to cut their losses and accept their Sideshow collection as is.

(Just my final 2 cents on the issue).

This is where we have a shift in thinking. Discussion (critical or not) is what discussion forums are all about. There are plenty of posts I disagree with on a wide range of topics. I won't tell someone to move on or that they've said enough. That's not my place. If I disagree with someone or even think that they are droning on, I just pass over their posts. I won't enjoy a piece less just because people are critical of it or sideshow. I appreciate critical discussions because I think it can lead to some changes. If everyone just kept their mouths shut and voted with their wallets when the Magneto MAQ was shown, no changes would have been made to it. However, sideshow listened to collectors feedback and changes (hopefully for the better) were made. Change never comes from keeping quiet or moving on. It comes from people voicing their opinions and frustrations (as well as holding back their money). If that bothers or irritates certain members here, well....they can grow some thicker skin or put anyone they find truly annoying on the ignore list. I'd rather members do what you've done...respectfully disagree (or even call me a disgruntled troll). :lol I'm good either way because I'll continue to discuss whatever is on my mind with people that agree or disagree with me. Those that don't like what I've got to say can pass over my posts or hit the iggy button. No skin off my teeth regardless. This is just my .02 cents and general thoughts. I have no issues with you personally.

You're missing my point. As a long time classic collector, I want at least one kick ass looking classic PF of the characters I want in my collection. After sideshow successfully accomplishes this, they can release any character they want wearing a tutu for all I care. The OG DD PF was a failure. Sideshow knew this. How, you ask? Simple, the total ES on the 1st ever 1/4 licensed DD statue was 1000 units. That combined with the complaints on the forums clearly showed that the OG DD PF didn't cut it. So, fix the mistake then. After that, they can release a DD in a pink costume if they want. No statue is going to be a guaranteed success when it goes up for PO. However, sideshow will know when they hit or miss with a PF based on demand and feedback.

So Sideshow needs to check with you first and make sure you are happy... Then they will have your permission to movie on ;)

I tease.. But that is sort of what you sound like.

It's Cap and HULK for me. The OG Cap PF was close but the spanks and cheesy cloth on it stopped me from POing it all those years ago. As for HULK, I agree with EVERYTHING you said. I'd even be happy if Canale was given the whole project. I love his take on the HULK.

OG Hulk

raw

So Sideshow needs to check with you first and make sure you are happy... Then they will have your permission to movie on ;)

I tease.. But that is sort of what you sound like.

Nah, I'd just like sideshow to stop trying so hard to be XM. That'd be a good start.

I love the first Daredevil PF. It's one of my favorites. I like the pose on this new one and freaking love the base but don't like all that crap costume version. The new Elektra is boss. I love that pose. Today is the first time I saw that one. I'd be down for it but she's not a character I'd be keen on spending $500+ on. I already have the first SS Elektra pf and the first Bowen version. I do love that strut she's doing.

Nah, I'd just like sideshow to stop trying so hard to be XM. That'd be a good start.

Well that is not fair to XM.. Most of XM pieces try and stay close to the classic character.. DD was its own thing but their Caps, Thor, Dr. Strange, Spider-man etc.. are all very "classic" looking.

Anyways I am glad you took my original comment in stride.. I almost did not post it because I did not want it to come across as too dickish :lol

Well that is not fair to XM.. Most of XM pieces try and stay close to the classic character.. DD was its own thing but their Caps, Thor, Dr. Strange, Spider-man etc.. are all very "classic" looking.

Anyways I am glad you took my original comment in stride.. I almost did not post it because I did not want it to come across as too dickish :lol

No worries jaws. We've been here a long time and I've always thought you're one of the good guys. You've always been respectful even when you disagree with someone. Sideshow has become a very sore subject for me lately and I'm still upset with the direction I see the company going.

As for XM, they have always been hit or miss for me when it comes to costume design. Their first Cap was comic accurate. Their second one, not so much. DD had straps and some Blue Beetle looking scarab on his back so I wasn't all that impressed with it. XM started this modernization movement. It's not a coincidence that Sideshow is now following in their footsteps. IMO, they've gone overboard just to try and top them. At this point it is what it is. I'll just have to continue to pass on their new PFs and fight the frustration I'm feeling.

No worries jaws. We've been here a long time and I've always thought you're one of the good guys. You've always been respectful even when you disagree with someone. Sideshow has become a very sore subject for me lately and I'm still upset with the direction I see the company going.

:duff

As for XM, they have always been hit or miss for me when it comes to costume design. Their first Cap was comic accurate. Their second one, not so much. DD had straps and some Blue Beetle looking scarab on his back so I wasn't all that impressed with it. XM started this modernization movement. It's not a coincidence that Sideshow is now following in their footsteps. IMO, they've gone overboard just to try and top them. At this point it is what it is. I'll just have to continue to pass on their new PFs and fight the frustration I'm feeling.

Yeah I don't want to come across as defending XM as I am not a huge XM fan.. I agree with you on the hit or miss thing and for me its mostly miss... But guess I was not aware or knowledgeable enough to notice all the modernization of their costumes.. Other then DD and that whole DC Japan thing... I thought they seemed to stay true to the comics.. But I could be wrong (no surprise there)

I am sure your ultimate DD will make its way to your home in the future.

:duff

Yeah I don't want to come across as defending XM as I am not a huge XM fan.. I agree with you on the hit or miss thing and for me its mostly miss... But guess I was not aware or knowledgeable enough to notice all the modernization of their costumes.. Other then DD and that whole DC Japan thing... I thought they seemed to stay true to the comics.. But I could be wrong (no surprise there)

I am sure your ultimate DD will make its way to your home in the future.

The modernization by XM can be simple things like straps and zippers (Wolverine has straps on his gloves and zippers on his boots) or something more drastic like the straps on DD and the ridiculous hump they put on his back. They do have pieces that are pretty much spot on like Phoenix. However, they then have her on a destroyed Sentinel base when she never fought Sentinels before. I've read comics for a long time so I tend to see these types of discrepancies and find them a bit annoying. That said, as much as I didn't care for the Sentinel base on Phoenix, I did pick her up because I loved the figure and the flaming eagle. Getting the figure right and as comic accurate as possible has always been the most important criteria for me when it comes to buying a statue. Because of that, it's been hard to be a Sideshow fan nowadays.

You're missing the point.. There are no guarantees... Classic or not.

New DD PF - Unhappy because of costume
Old DD PF - Unhappy because of Pose and other reasons.

Either way unhappy.

Yep. It's all a machine. Sideshow upsets classic collectors as well as modern. Let me learn you something big partner. Live free, don't collect. ;)

Screen-Shot-2018-01-04-at-9.51.19-AM-750x500.png

spandex makes sense for super heroes that have powers of resilience. Murdock having a more armor-laden suit is just fine. i think the new PF looks great, and I hope SS doesn't ruin it like they are wont to do so I won't have to be tempted by the XM piece anymore.

Back