New Psylocke PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An absolutely amazing piece, love it

03-300689-Psylocke-PF_drama_7581-1.jpg
02-300689-Psylocke-PF_drama_7571-1.jpg
12-300689-Psylocke-PF_7566-2.jpg
11-300689-Psylocke-PF_7561.jpg
14-300689-Psylocke-PF_7575-1.jpg
23-300689-Psylocke-PF_drama_7594.jpg

Well **** now that I see those pics...it's not that bad...which makes me think again who keeps ****ing up with some of those shots...uggg back to the PO you go.

Head seems too small for the body as I think it was designed with the other head in mind and this one was slapped on. Still doesn’t look that great even at different angles.

The portrait shown at SDCC was gorgeous and fit the body. This new one is atrocious and looks like it was designed for a different statue.

Definitely something alien about her. Maybe her eyes/brow and cheek bones are a little high on her face. At least it is more feminine than the last head. On the fence.[emoji89]

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Yep, it seems the tweaking process is incomplete in the forehead/eyebrows area. I see the attempt of making her more asian just by pulling the corner of her eyes upwards, and that is not really helping.

The portrait shown at SDCC was gorgeous and fit the body. This new one is atrocious and looks like it was designed for a different statue.

Totally agree.

Made a quick mod in PS, I know it's nothing compared to the actual digital sculpting, still salute the sculptor, but just wanna show you how I think a small fix can make this statue looks better.
I modded the worf-ish forehead n eyebrows (because most Asians don't really have that strong forehead bones, especially the girls), also made the neck shorter and darkens the hair.
Again, I'm not saying that this mod is the best, this is more of.. just my taste and opinion. :)

psyedit.jpg

This is a bit of a letdown. If they were trying to make the portrait more Asian I think they missed the mark. I'm still going to order, but why SS needed to keep tinkering is beyond me. Thank goodness I still have the original PF.

I don't mind the new sculpt. I'd even say I like it. Took less time to come around to it then the original.
My issue is the price.I've never been one to complain about price and while I started late to statues with the SS Batgirl it just amazes me she's more then a statue as large as the BvS Armored Batman for example.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sorry but I just don’t see anything at all in that sculpt/design that screams $585.

Head seems too small for the body as I think it was designed with the other head in mind and this one was slapped on.

Very true, from some angles it's passable but just a kick in the teeth knowing what we could have had. Very disappointing

Sorry but I just don’t see anything at all in that sculpt/design that screams $585.

Unfortunately, I'm guessing that's just what the standard price is going to be for an average PF. The other ladies in the line were around $570 weren't they?

Made a quick mod in PS, I know it's nothing compared to the actual digital sculpting, still salute the sculptor, but just wanna show you how I think a small fix can make this statue looks better.
I modded the worf-ish forehead n eyebrows (because most Asians don't really have that strong forehead bones, especially the girls), also made the neck shorter and darkens the hair.
Again, I'm not saying that this mod is the best, this is more of.. just my taste and opinion. :)

That’s a lot better

Yep, it seems the tweaking process is incomplete in the forehead/eyebrows area. I see the attempt of making her more asian just by pulling the corner of her eyes upwards, and that is not really helping.

My exact thoughts. Pulling her eyes upwards is what bugs me the most about this new portrait. It looks very unusual ...not even close to being asian. Her angry brow also looks odd with her eyes. Possibly too prominent.

View attachment 427112

Much more appealing with those changes. Very nice!

That’s a lot better

Thanks! :)

My exact thoughts. Pulling her eyes upwards is what bugs me the most about this new portrait. It looks very unusual ...not even close to being asian. Her angry brow also looks odd with her eyes. Possibly too prominent.

Touche. It's like reverse Hot Toys where people said they keep making everyone look Asian, and here's an attempt by a non asian to sculpt an asian face. As an Asian myself, I can only say, making an Asian eyes is not just by pulling the corners upwards, lol. But the sculptor did an amazing job on the first headsculpt, and the rest of the body.

Much more appealing with those changes. Very nice!

Thanks heaps! Let's hope Sideshow see this.

$585!!?!??! Alright, I think I'm officially done collecting:lol Seriously, this is just ridiculous. Congrats to those getting her. I am officially done collecting statues. Hadn't POed anything in a long while and the last wave pretty much solidifies it. I just can't justify this cost anymore. It's gone nuclear :lol

Back