New Psylocke PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I, for one, liked the original portrait. I don't like this new portrait ...not of the 2 pics SSC gave us, anyway.

You know, if they were planning on doing this switch to this new portrait, then they should have planned on providing more pics of the new portrait than just the 2. Cause right the 2 pics don't look good.

When I saw it, I had to take a double take. I'm on the fence. I'll say it like I've said it before about this X-Men line. Whoever is taking these new pictures is ****ing up and showing us the worst of these pieces. Think about how much people shat on it before Comic-con reveal then everyone was on board.

Edit: I think the other problem with the changes is her neck looks to long.

Probably the furthest thing from the truth

The general consensus was X23 and Psylocke were exceptional

Emma had a Glen Close Fatal Attraction crazy “man” portrait for EX

Rogue didn’t change cost too much to create a new portrait (yet it didn’t for Psylocke??)

Mystique they cancelled the EX coh at the last minute. Costs just as much as Black Widow ... which comes with 2 portraits... more than Wonder Woman. It has the most unoriginal base.

Just seems like they sabotaged a line that most people were looking forward to (those of us that have collected the incomplete line from 10 years ago).

If they wanted to do the best for the statue then why remove features that were displayed to a crowd of 200 000 plus at the biggest convention of the year?

I’ve ordered all the XMen pieces but this one is a big middle finger to collectors. How about changing any other line than XMen?

Collectors have been appeasing and accommodating with their mistakes long enough.

First PF changed as well yet they didn’t pull a bait and switch from Comic Con like this one.

I’m still waiting on finishing the 90’s team

Unless the original portrait was rejected by Marvel during the approval process, there's absolutely no excuse for sideshow to not provide both portraits with the PF. Especially since the EX is her fist dagger. Offering both portraits is a win-win. How can sideshow take portraits away and charge what they do for PFs nowadays? Offer more, not less.

Unless the original portrait was rejected by Marvel during the approval process, there's absolutely no excuse for sideshow to not provide both portraits with the PF. Especially since the EX is her fist dagger. Offering both portraits is a win-win. How can sideshow take portraits away and charge what they do for PFs nowadays? Offer more, not less.

You’d think

That’s interesting

The first PF received the reverse criticism of looking too Asian

The Con portrait was the spitting image of
Rhona Mitra

images

Half English Half Asian

I liked the original headsculpt way better and was going to purchase it, the change made it a no go for me now also, what an odd decision, they could at least have made the head swap the ex...I think Rhina Mitra is really pretty and also saw the resemblance.

The original had that new Red Sonja vibe to it which I liked.
Original vs new

Attachments

• F905C136-B477-4CFC-9903-0B9E256D5D47.jpeg
    F905C136-B477-4CFC-9903-0B9E256D5D47.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 114
You have to wonder who ok’ed this and why they changed it.

If they changed it on their own then this is all on sideshow. However, they can fix the problem by offering both portraits. If Marvel didn't approve the original head sculpt, then there's nothing sideshow can do about it. Now the real question is, which is it?

I'm hopeful that both sculpts will be offered. If they don't, it'll be marvel/Disney who didn't like it

I think that's an alternate portrait. Kinda like the OG Psylocke PF had.
Nah.

They way they sress it was a prototype and say this is a NEW sculpt makes me think that's it. No alternative portrait.

"The stunning psionic*Psylocke Premium Format[emoji769] Figure*made her debut in prototype at San Diego Comic Con 2018, where fans were able to get their first look at the next mutant hero joining the*X-Men Collection. *We are always excited to share these early looks at the prototype figures, proudly displaying our latest projects as we work to create exciting and dynamic new high-end collectibles of your favorite pop culture characters.
Now, Sideshow is excited to introduce a beautifully sculpted new portrait for*Psylocke, detailed with*flowing purple hair and piercing purple eyes, capturing all the focus of her physical and psychic abilities. *This portrait will feature in both the Collector and Exclusive editions of the Marvel statue, replacing what was previously seen at SDCC."

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What happened? I was slow to warm up to the original head sculpt after seeing pics from comic con but I had this penciled in as a buy when it would eventually come out. The new sculpt is awful. The neck is long, the face looks small compared to the body, the bridge of the nose is terrible, and the hair seems to be whipping around way too much. Even the blade looks like a tiny mountain fell on her fist. Awful. On the bright side, I think I'm in the clear now to pursue a couple X-Men statues from XM. After putting all other collecting on hold to get the new sideshow X-Men line, I'm skipping most of them. Magneto, Wolverine, and Rogue are the only buys. Congrats to those who like the changes. Crosse fingers for a great Juggernaut and Cable.

"This portrait will feature in both the Collector and Exclusive editions of the Marvel statue, replacing what was previously seen at SDCC."

For anyone who can't read the blog and is claiming it's the EX portrait.

Back