Premium Format New Mystique Premium Format (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terrible portrait. Looks like she-male from certain angles. However I love the flat base. Guns are awful hate them completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrible portrait. Looks like she-male from certain angles. However I love the flat base. Guns are awful hate them completely.

Lol that's a bit harsh, with long hair the portrait would be fine IMO

They made her chin more prominent which socially is considered more masculine at least in large parts of the world, add the darker red lipstick and some people would probably feel that way. The new Red Sonja has a somewhat larger chin but it’s flatter and in proportion to her wider cheek and jaw bones which some people also find masculine but I think it’s attractive personally. I think Sideshow is trying to move away from the more generic looking faces and add some variety, not everybody is going to like that. What you think is “she-male” is just a social norm that’s not necessarily true.

I too think it's absolute ******** that they teased us with a silhouette of Mystique with long hair and a machine gun, and then gave us these whatever guns with silencers and no long hair in site.

I do like the pose though and the outfit, but am still 100% confused if I should get this Mystique or XM's.

I too think it's absolute ******** that they teased us with a silhouette of Mystique with long hair and a machine gun, and then gave us these whatever guns with silencers and no long hair in site.

I do like the pose though and the outfit, but am still 100% confused if I should get this Mystique or XM's.

If you can’t decide, neither :lol

It's also the fact that xm is so much more expensive but it's hard to spend that much if you're not 100% happy with it. I think most of us would spend ridiculous amounts if we loved a particular character and it ticked all boxes for me. For me xm is better, but not double the price better. They are also different enough in style that it makes the choice even harder

It's also the fact that xm is so much more expensive but it's hard to spend that much if you're not 100% happy with it. I think most of us would spend ridiculous amounts if we loved a particular character and it ticked all boxes for me. For me xm is better, but not double the price better. They are also different enough in style that it makes the choice even harder

XM’s Mystique is 900usd MSRP so not quite double, closer to 300 more but she has 3 different heads and 2 interchangeable arms, the xm pieces also come in a hard suitcase like case and not straight cardboard like Sideshow, their paint application is also significantly better from my experience.

Getting Marvel 1/4ths can be somewhat more difficult in the USA because they don’t seem to have that license so sometimes they have markup but generally not.

XM’s Mystique is 900usd MSRP so not quite double, closer to 300 more but she has 3 different heads and 2 interchangeable arms, the xm pieces also come in a hard suitcase like case and not straight cardboard like Sideshow, their paint application is also significantly better from my experience.

Getting Marvel 1/4ths can be somewhat more difficult in the USA because they don’t seem to have that license so sometimes they have markup but generally not.

It is double for me. Sideshow is 570 dollars plus shipping and import fees. Xm is 1100 euros plus shipping but no import fees as it is from europe

It's the shipping charges on XM pieces that are killer for peeps living in North and South America. Especially for larger pieces like the HULK or the HULKbuster. I've seen shipping quotes approaching a grand for the XM HULKbuster. Even standard 1/4 pieces have shipping rates at around $300-$400.

Last edited:
It's the shipping charges on XM pieces that are killer for peeps living in North and South America. Especially fo larger pieces like the HULK or the HULKbuster. I've seen shipping quotes approaching a grand for the XM HULKbuster. Even standard 1/4 pieces have shipping rates at around $300-$400.

That is insane. I reckon it would be better for me being in Europe, at least until brexit

Will wait for XMs, i am purchasing most of Sideshows X-Men Line. Revolvers with silencers... i dont like the headscuplt on it, nor the shade of blue used.

That's fair enough. I'm not saying sideshow's version is better but xm's isn't worth the extra price for me

Back