New Moon sequel to Twilight.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't see this being too much different than the first one as far as how good it'll be. Seems very up to par with the first one. Very chick flick-ish.. I'll likely have to watch it with the gf.

I couldn't belive the crowd's reaction to Twilight in general at the MTV awards last night. This film could be complete garbage, but it would do well at the box office and win "best" film again there next year.

Even if you don't like Twilight, I suggest getting used to it since it looks like we are going to be getting hit over the head with it until they finish Breaking Dawn. Who knows, maybe Meyer will be pressured to write another, or at least finish Midnight Sun, although there would be no way they could make that one into a film.

Since Eclipse is hitting in June of 2010 I would say that from November until July you'll see a Twilight fever. Breaking Dawn was just unofficially announced by Pattinson but nothing from the Studio yet. Originally Meyer said it wouldn't be done because of the heavy CGI needed and that it'd command an unrealistic budget. I would imagine that Breaking Dawn at earliest wouldn't come out until June 2011, maybe even 2012 since the actors are only contracted for 3 and anything past that would require scheduling and renegotiations which may or may not be occurring right now.

As for Meyer, "The Host" wasn't as popular as I know many critics expected and I would think she'll probably have to have another book not do well before dipping into the Cullen ink again. She did though say she isn't opposed to continuing in that universe but writing about Renesme Cullen or Leah Clearwater not about Edward, Bella or Jacob.

Since Eclipse is hitting in June of 2010 I would say that from November until July you'll see a Twilight fever. Breaking Dawn was just unofficially announced by Pattinson but nothing from the Studio yet. Originally Meyer said it wouldn't be done because of the heavy CGI needed and that it'd command an unrealistic budget. I would imagine that Breaking Dawn at earliest wouldn't come out until June 2011, maybe even 2012 since the actors are only contracted for 3 and anything past that would require scheduling and renegotiations which may or may not be occurring right now.

As for Meyer, "The Host" wasn't as popular as I know many critics expected and I would think she'll probably have to have another book not do well before dipping into the Cullen ink again. She did though say she isn't opposed to continuing in that universe but writing about Renesme Cullen or Leah Clearwater not about Edward, Bella or Jacob.

I thought I heard somewhere last month that Breaking Dawn was officially green lit. Even if it wasn't true, they would be stupid not to. They are making a killing off of this series and not being able to cash in on the last book would be stupid, especially if they do break it into two films. Maybe "Breaking Dawn" and "Forever Dawn" if they don't want to just call them part 1 and 2?

I actually liked the Host. I was a bit slow though. There is a lot of mental struggle in it and I don't know how they could do a story like that justice in movie form, plus the fact it didn't do all that well probably means they won't ever make a film of it. The Host wasn't as good as any of the Twilight books though, even New Moon, but I did enjoy it.

And when she returns to the Twilight universe, I'd much rather hear about Reneseme than Leah. I just didn't see the whole fuss about Leah. I think the books thus far did her character plenty of justice and I don't think she would be able to support a book of her own. But Reneseme has lots of potential.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Here is her quote:

Question: Are you thinking of writing a novel in Renesmee's perspective when she's older? — froggyoggy

Meyer: If I were to go ahead with the Cullen universe — and honestly, I'll do it for myself, whether I publish it or not is questionable at this point — but the narrators that I would go ahead with ... would be Renesmee and Leah. Leah's the other one whose story doesn't seem resolved to me at this point.

So depending on how "old" she made Renesmee, Edward, Bella and Jacob may or may not factors. Essentially its undiscovered territory. She didn't say they wouldn't be involved only that the stories themselves wouldn't center around any character save Renesmee and/or Leah.

That makes sense then. There's not much more Bella and Edward's story can go at this point. Still not sure about Leah though. She never seemed that important to me to be honest. But I definatley see Renesmee having a good story.

Something I have been wondering about is whether this series could support a line of figures. I know NECA has made an Edward and Bella with Alice in the works and Tonner taunts the main page of this section daily with their Edward and Bella. But do you think someone like Hot Toys would ever make something? I mean Twilight merchandise sells crzy well, but I'm not sure high end figures would. I realize a majorty if the buyers are girls, but would any of them buy $150 "dolls?" I hate to admit that I would like to see figures from this series, but I really would. :eek:

Figures are doubtful. The NECA figures sell amazingly well, a friend who works at Hot Topic and says that they go the first day and they have to actually import from other stores who often are out themselves. The wife has them, they are already nothing to scream about. She has the Tonner stuff and they are about as well done as any other Tonner figure, nothing too big although some repaints online have been astounding. Twilight seems to be right up SSC's alley, the lowest cost of the 1/6 figures, but according to them there are no plans. They said it before the first one came out and again after Fantacular but whomever answered admitted there are Twilight fans at SSC.

If NECA makes 12", a bitbash wouldn't be too hard as they are in plain clothes but I wouldn't expect anything too high caliber unless this suddenly takes off in Asian Markets....

I thought I heard somewhere last month that Breaking Dawn was officially green lit. Even if it wasn't true, they would be stupid not to. They are making a killing off of this series and not being able to cash in on the last book would be stupid, especially if they do break it into two films. Maybe "Breaking Dawn" and "Forever Dawn" if they don't want to just call them part 1 and 2?

I actually liked the Host. I was a bit slow though. There is a lot of mental struggle in it and I don't know how they could do a story like that justice in movie form, plus the fact it didn't do all that well probably means they won't ever make a film of it. The Host wasn't as good as any of the Twilight books though, even New Moon, but I did enjoy it.

And when she returns to the Twilight universe, I'd much rather hear about Reneseme than Leah. I just didn't see the whole fuss about Leah. I think the books thus far did her character plenty of justice and I don't think she would be able to support a book of her own. But Reneseme has lots of potential.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I really disliked "The Host" - I thought it was far more chicklit than the Twilight series. But I wouldn't mind more of the Cullens. I thought Meyer wasn't going to revisit it because the Edward-centric book got leaked and she was refusing to write them out of spite? It's not like she's Stephen King and can get by on talent. She'll have to revisit the Twilight world to come close to capturing that kind of success again.

Really, I didn't really get a chick-flick vibe from the Host, but its blatently obvious in the Twilight books. But yeah, I'd like to see more of the Cullens, but could give or take more of the Host.

Meyer was planning on writing Midnight Sun which was Twilight 2.0 just from Edward's point of view instead of Bella's and that was it. She had no plans to revisit any of the other books because she said they'd make no sense.

She is not continuing out of spite though that much is true.

Meyer was planning on writing Midnight Sun which was Twilight 2.0 just from Edward's point of view instead of Bella's and that was it. She had no plans to revisit any of the other books because she said they'd make no sense.

She is not continuing out of spite though that much is true.

Yeah, one of the drafts of Midnight Sun was leaked on accident and so she then "officially" released it herself on her wesbite. Its not finished or polished/edited,etc. I haven't read it because I respect her and her work too much. She shouldn't have had to release it like that, but I am glad she released anything at all. I'm still hoping she finishes it someday.

I actually think "New Moon" from Edward's perspective would be even better than Twilight from his perspective. Maybe if she could make the entire series from his perspective in one book. Focus on the parts where Bella isn't with Edward or the important parts of them together etc. to make it into one large book. Just having Twilight from his perspective would be just so-so to me. But I do think he needs his own book. He got robbed in that regard since Bella and Jacob got their perspectives told.

Really, I didn't really get a chick-flick vibe from the Host, but its blatently obvious in the Twilight books. But yeah, I'd like to see more of the Cullens, but could give or take more of the Host.

Just the whole "turn the other cheek" and PC vibe felt very female to me. As a guy I just wanted her to turn around and kick some ass.

buttmuch what got you in to twilight ?

Kind of a long story, but I'll try to make it short. Here it goes:

-Mom hears about book from friend at work
-Mom reads book, tells grandmas
-Grandmas read book, one LOVE it, the other just liked it
-Twilight movie announced
-Mom/Grandma tell me to go SDCC panel for them
-I somewhat unwillingly go to SDCC panel
-Wasn't really impressed by the panel
-November rolls around and my Grandma rushes to get tickets for everyone
-I see the film, and actually really like it. I think about reading the book, but don't.
-I get a job with USPS doing data entry. We can listen to headphones. I books on tape are really popular.
-Twilight is coming out on DVD, sparks interest in listening to the book at work.
-I listen to the first book at work. I love it. I preceed to finish the rest of the series
-Had to admit to my Mom/Grandma I actually like the books/movie.

So that is the short version. :lol

I've always been a fan of monsters in general, so anything to do with vampires is usally something I might be interested in. But the whole "chick flick" thing about it kept me from trying to get interested in it, but I eventually caved. I was honestly surprised how much I enjoyed the books. But I did and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Funny thing was when I first got my job with USPS one of the girls that was in my training group asked if I read Twilight and I hadn't yet. She told me I HAD to read them. This was from someone I only met 10 minutes ago! It is crazy popular hear in Utah. The fact that Stephenie Meyer is a Mormon is probably a key factor in that (at least in the begining), but its amazing just how popular it is outside of Utah too!

No, you're not the only one! I liked it too!

As for Midnight Sun, I've downloaded it (and I'll still buy the book, so I don't consider myself as a heartless pirate!) and have only read the first chapter so far! Even though the story is familiar, it changes everything seen from Edward's POV; I really hope she finishes it. And I hope she gets to write her spin off story about Nessie and Jake! :D

Kind of a long story, but I'll try to make it short. Here it goes:

-Mom hears about book from friend at work
-Mom reads book, tells grandmas
-Grandmas read book, one LOVE it, the other just liked it
-Twilight movie announced
-Mom/Grandma tell me to go SDCC panel for them
-I somewhat unwillingly go to SDCC panel
-Wasn't really impressed by the panel
-November rolls around and my Grandma rushes to get tickets for everyone
-I see the film, and actually really like it. I think about reading the book, but don't.
-I get a job with USPS doing data entry. We can listen to headphones. I books on tape are really popular.
-Twilight is coming out on DVD, sparks interest in listening to the book at work.
-I listen to the first book at work. I love it. I preceed to finish the rest of the series
-Had to admit to my Mom/Grandma I actually like the books/movie.

So that is the short version. :lol

I've always been a fan of monsters in general, so anything to do with vampires is usally something I might be interested in. But the whole "chick flick" thing about it kept me from trying to get interested in it, but I eventually caved. I was honestly surprised how much I enjoyed the books. But I did and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Funny thing was when I first got my job with USPS one of the girls that was in my training group asked if I read Twilight and I hadn't yet. She told me I HAD to read them. This was from someone I only met 10 minutes ago! It is crazy popular hear in Utah. The fact that Stephenie Meyer is a Mormon is probably a key factor in that (at least in the begining), but its amazing just how popular it is outside of Utah too!

my big sister got me into twilight im not a big big fan but im currently reading the second book which is interesting. allot of girls i know love this franchise so why not se what the rave is about.

Little bit of trivia about today. 6 years ago today is when Stephenie Meyer had the original dream about Twilight. Pretty amazing how much can happen in under 6 years! She went from nobody to the new JK Rowling! :google

Back