New member from the Bay Area!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2ndname

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all!

New member here. Finally took the plunge today and purchased my FIRST 1:6 scale figure. It was the Sideshow GI Joe Firefly. I've always wanted to get into this figure scale but the price point scared me off. Instead, I was collecting Marvel Legends, DCUC, Revoltechs, and Marvel Universe. Those are okay and offers cheap thrills but these 1:6 are just another beast altogether.

Looking forward to chatting with you guys about this exciting hobby.

Welcome to a world of better collectables. You will end up selling off the small stuff to fund the big stuff.

Ha ha, I still can't put my finger on when I made the transition from practical and measured consumer of reasonably priced toys to a figure junkie who gets an adrenaline rush out of seeing the latest Hot Toys proto pics :lol

Welcome 2ndname! :welcome

Welcome to a world of better collectables. You will end up selling off the small stuff to fund the big stuff.

Not far from the truth. I'm trying to figure out ways on how to go about selling my collection, lol.

I am still into Gundam MG model building. Have a nice backlog setup but that in itself is a good time killer since it involves building and painting the kit. Good thing to have while waiting for the next release of HT or SS figure, hehe.

Im from Vallejo. Heroes Club? No I havent. Comic book store?

Nope, they run a high end collectible store. Stopped by and spoke to the store owner for an hour or so and decided that it's better for me to give him my cash for my first 1/6 scale figure even if it's about 20 bucks more than buying it from an online retailer. Really nice store with an impressive collection to boot.

Back