New LOTR DIORAMA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From that pic this looks to be the best Viggo likeness yet, I can't wait to see the whole piece. This line is really looking good to me. Is this another of yours Trev?

Rats...

I was hoping for the powerful Helm's Deep scene where they Legolas tells Gimli, "would you like me to describe it to you or get you a box?"

:monkey3 :monkey1

I'll have to see more pics to make a final decision on this. I'm sure it'll look fine, but not the scene I would have picked for Helm's Deep, or at least not the scene I'd choose to represent Aragorn. Uruks at Amon Hen or Ringwraiths at Weathertop would have been better. In the end, I'll probably pass on this.

Erm, I meant that there's no statue of a full battle gear armored Uruk. Berserkers and that bust are appetizing (and I do own those).

Still, this begs the question of how interested are people to see the LOTR line simulate the Marvel vs. line? It's a tricky path, because LOTR can be iconic in nature. I suppose we'll see if this diorama brings in a certain Wow factor. Sideshow has done that in the past, so there's little to worry about.

Just wanted to set the record straight- this work is NOT mine! haha! I'm sure I wish I could claim it as mine, but no luck. :D I think it sounds amazing and looks like it'll be a really nice piece of work!

Trev

Trev, does that mean you don't get a chance at a sneak peek given that you have access to Sideshow's facilities??

I really didn't want to like this line and wasn't thrilled with the first choice but this is very exciting. I think it's going to be awesome. :woo

PS. The scruff looks like it's there, just not dark enough. But alas, it's just a small picture. We need more pics Sideshow!!!!! And don't give me that 'be patient' line. :wacky

i hope this has some substantial environment....

and hopefully theres an oppurtunity to get a gimli v berserkers environmet and legolas kicking ass on top of the wall, and they could maybe be connected or be displayed side by side....

imagine a polystone helms deep diorama like that... we could get haldir fighting alongside elves... theoden and gamling.......

we could even get a gandalf rohan army vs uruk hai diorama to display behind it!!!!

JonnyReedie said:
i hope this has some substantial environment....

and hopefully theres an oppurtunity to get a gimli v berserkers environmet and legolas kicking ass on top of the wall, and they could maybe be connected or be displayed side by side....

imagine a polystone helms deep diorama like that... we could get haldir fighting alongside elves... theoden and gamling.......

we could even get a gandalf rohan army vs uruk hai diorama to display behind it!!!!

Yeah, a series of 3 to 5 dioramas like that would rock!

Looks like the SS LOTR engine is heating up with this, Gandalf PF, and hopefully we will get a new 12 inch soon. This looks like it will be great any maybe it is on the steps of helm's deep.?

occasionally I see some stuff that no one else does when I deliver work, but overall, I don't see a ton of things that aren't released. I get to find out like everyone else. :) I kind of prefer it!!! makes it exciting.

I had seen the development of the speederbike last year without the rider. WOW!

Trev

Trevolver said:
occasionally I see some stuff that no one else does when I deliver work, but overall, I don't see a ton of things that aren't released. I get to find out like everyone else. :) I kind of prefer it!!! makes it exciting.

I had seen the development of the speederbike last year without the rider. WOW!

Trev

What does this have to do with the new LOTR diorama? :huh

I'll buy anything from Sideshow that even vaguely looks like Viggo.

Maybe someday I'll even find an affordable Aragorn. Doubtful though.

Back