New LEGO Death Star

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice setup icruise, here are a few custom ships I built. I <3 LEGO...

venator.jpg

Those do look good in a Detolf :rock

And awesome custom pieces Deak!!! Don't even want to imagine how long those would take to do :lol

This is why LEGO is awesome, they even made Jar Jar cool. Could a MOD change this thread to the LEGO Star Wars thread.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/pPb2lIap6Es&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/pPb2lIap6Es&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

I love Legos, just wish I could afford them in addition to SSC stuff. I also love Playmobile :eek:

I am a LEGO nut, really love building them and making customs. And Prog they do go on sale you just have to find them. If you haven't already checked them out I'd say go to www.fbtb.net for a world of SW LEGO. Also the www.brothers-brick.com is a great LEGO blog.

Last edited:
love this stuff but why is it some expensive? Now that I got 2 sons
I bought some little boxes and some indiana jones. great stuuf

LEGO has always been expensive. Not sure why, I am sure having licensed sets don't help. Probably due to engineering, design, and plastic. Can a MOD please change the title of this thread?

I remember someone telling me something about the plastics used to make the pieces; how durable, scratch-resistant and color fading-free they are. Not sure what truth there is to that, but it's what I recall hearing as a factor for why they're so much $$$.

Lego Star Wars FTW :yess:

I have a confession to make... I still have a rather large collection of Star Wars Lego from when I was a kid... and every now and then I'll get a new set if I see a really good one... :lol

Of course, 1/6 stuff comes first for me, but every once in a while it's nice to dump out a huge bin of pieces and start fiddling with them. :eek:

:lecture And yes, the reason Lego is so expensive, and also out-performs other products like mega blocks, is its specially formulated plastic. Anyone who's ever owned a mega blocks set will know that the pieces just don't stick together very well; this is due to the fact that the plastic doesn't have the same elasticity and flexibility that real Lego pieces do. Lego plastic is the perfect balance between hard plastic and somewhat flexible plastic, and is a closely guarded trade secret.

I am a LEGO nut, really love building them and making customs. And Prog they do go on sale you just have to find them. If you haven't already checked them out I'd say go to www.fbtb.net for a world of SW LEGO. Also the www.brothers-brick.com is a great LEGO blog.

:hi5:

I used to spend days just sifting through awesome creations on FBTB. I actually started customizing Lego figures before 1/6 figures. It's so much easier to mod a Lego figure! :lol I used to make tons of decals for my Lego people! I might still have some more recent ones on my computer...

It's nice to know I'm not the only adult Lego nut out there.

Last edited:
I always wanted Legos when I was little but my folks couldnt afford them. I just got into buying them a few months ago. I bought the X-Wing which is a classic. Then I proceeded to get hooked and bought the 3rd New Version of the Slave I, the motorized walking AT-AT and the current regular AT-AT. I'm hooked and my last purchase was the almighty Death Star. The Death is just sitting there and probably won't be assembled for some time. But I wanted to grab it just in case they discontinued it.

I got one for my nephews thinking they would love it......they ended up making everything with it but the Death Star. :lol

Back