New Jurassic Park toys - March 1st 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Underworld54

Super Freak
Reaction score
The line through Toys R Us will be Jurassic Park and it will consist of Dino Battlers, Dino Trackers, Dino Showdowns and Dino Growlers. No pictures or any other info is available but this has all been confirmed through Hasbro.

Remember the awesome false advertising, when I saw this, I hoped, and because I was a kid, I expected that the toy I got would look this way.

originalrex.jpg

Instead it looked like this.

trex.jpg

But I still loved it, still have it.

Dino Battlers $7.99:
Spinosaurs vs Tyrannosaurus Rex
Spinosaurus vs Velociraptor
Triceratops vs Tyrannosaurus Rex
Velociraptor vs Tyrannosaurus Rex

Dino Trackers $10.99:
Pteranodon vs Sky Patrol
Spinosaurus vs Marine Patrol
T-Rex vs Ground Patrol

Dino Growlers $19.99:
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Velociraptor

Dino Showdown $29.99:
Allosaurus Assault
Pachyrhinosaurus Clash

Here's prototype pictures of the two brand new dinosaurs we are getting with the JP3D line:

pachyrhinosaurus.jpg

allosaurus.jpg

I think the future of JP merch is a bright one. I'm excited.

Ha! I still have it, too, buried in my parents' basement.

I've sold off a lot of my childhood toys, but I never have and never will sell any of my Jurassic Park toys! Too many fond memories...

Remember the awesome false advertising, when I saw this, I hoped, and because I was a kid, I expected that the toy I got would look this way.

originalrex.jpg

Instead it looked like this.

trex.jpg

That T-Rex on top one looks like the Horizon model rather than the toy. It was released, though I think you had to assemble and paint it yourself.

LTrex2.jpg

LTrex1.jpg

PICT0054.jpg

t-rexfemale.model.artwork5.jpg

I have one ... bought it already assembled and painted for like $75 maybe 15 years ago. Think its in a box somewhere -- maybe at my mom's house. Haven't seen it in a while.

There's an unpainted, unassembled one on ebay for $125 buy-it-now ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Horizon-JU...155489543?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item3f22206b07

SnakeDoc

Actually, if I remember correctly, that model in the Kenner promo pic is a Stan Winston maquette from the movie. They used it as a place holder for their toy because it wasn't ready in time for the photo deadline.

I don't think It's the Horizon model, as it's a different company's product. That being said, I'd never seen one put together before, it looks really good!

I've still got that t-rex as well!!! Although my friend broke the sound mechanism on it so it continuously growls if you put betteries in it.

Wow, 20 years ago, JP1 still looks good.

Welcome... To Jurassic Park

Well, it looks like we will be getting a new movie, and that means new figures! This article can give you the info: https://www.figures.com/forums/news/25062-hasbro-returns-jurassic-park.html

I remember when I was a kid JP was my favorite toy series, like, ever. I had everything, the command center, the T-Rex, the Raptors, etc.

I can't wait to see what new figures will be released. I'm looking foward to the Toys R Us figures mentioned in the post below the article.

Re: Welcome... To Jurassic Park

Well, I hope it's better than the failed TRU line that was re-released a couple years ago. They pegwarmed hard.

As for entirely new stuff, then I'm in - especially the Dinosaur figures. A modern Alan, Ellie, Ian, and Robert Muldoon good articulation and detail would be nice.

A 1/6 T rex would be nearly 7 FEET long;I'm a serious dino-phile(indeed, I sculpt them professionally) but even I think this would be a bit excessive...PS

That T-Rex on top one looks like the Horizon model rather than the toy. It was released, though I think you had to assemble and paint it yourself.

LTrex2.jpg

LTrex1.jpg

PICT0054.jpg

t-rexfemale.model.artwork5.jpg

I have one ... bought it already assembled and painted for like $75 maybe 15 years ago. Think its in a box somewhere -- maybe at my mom's house. Haven't seen it in a while.

There's an unpainted, unassembled one on ebay for $125 buy-it-now ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Horizon-JU...155489543?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item3f22206b07

SnakeDoc

things of beauty

Back