New Hulk Movie for 2015

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vorpoll

Super Freak
Reaction score
New Hulk Movie Set For 2015

Anthony DiChiara

NY Science Fiction Examiner

Amid all the advanced buzz about The Avengers movie's awesomeness, there is growing buzz about The Hulk's appearance in the movie—All Great! It seems the Jade Giant has a few scene stealing moments in the film that have made the suits at Marvel interested in giving the Hulk a third chance at stardom.

Studio execs, critics and fans are excited about actor Mark Ruffalo's portrayal of everybody's favorite zen-challenged physicist Dr. Robert Bruce Banner and his mean, green alter ego. The Hulk has managed to wow those who have seen the flick, sparking the suits at Marvel to rethink their plans for shelving any new Hulk movies. In fact, if The Avengers does really well, as advanced ticket sales seem to indicate that it will, The Incredible Hulk will more than likely get another shot in his own solo film.

Marvel's already signed Ruffalo to a multi-picture contract and rumor has it that the studio is shooting for a big budget Hulk film to hit theaters in 2015 if all goes well with The Avengers. In addition Guillermo Del Toro and David Eick's Hulk TV show for ABC might get a new shot in the arm, making the next few years an exciting time for hulk fans.

With how he played Banner and The Hulk was done this movie should be pretty kick ass.

One thing I hate about good movies these days is how incredibly long it takes to make them.

I think Mark Ruffalo did a very good job playing Banner. But since the release date is 2015, having this thread is kind of pointless.

I'm glad to see at least that they're looking into Hulk for another solo movie. My only worry, as a Hulk fan, is that solo Hulk films will never take off, he doesn't seem like a character whose films can really deliver what audiences want, he's not Iron Man or anything. Maybe they'll draw from what works in Avengers and build on it, would be nice. I thought the 2008 movie was great but apparently Marvel disagreed, though against Iron Man and The Dark Knight, how great could it do.

Marvel better make sure they do a better job with the next Hulk movie and show the same love in making it and marketing it. Give it a decent budget too. I still say this was one of the main reason why TIH didn't do well in the Box Office. It wasn't a bad movie at all. Just poorly marketed. Plus the fact it that it was rebooted only 5 years from Ang Lee's version, I remember many people did not want to see it because they thought it was a sequel. Now with the success of the Marvel films including The Avengers, I'm sure it will do much better next time around.

I think that Hulk is a scene stealer and the greatest guest/co-star you can ask for. He doesn't seem to do as well when he needs to carry an entire film by himself--but he really worked well in Avengers as he bounced off of Stark, Thor, etc.

I'm glad to see at least that they're looking into Hulk for another solo movie. My only worry, as a Hulk fan, is that solo Hulk films will never take off, he doesn't seem like a character whose films can really deliver what audiences want, he's not Iron Man or anything. Maybe they'll draw from what works in Avengers and build on it, would be nice. I thought the 2008 movie was great but apparently Marvel disagreed, though against Iron Man and The Dark Knight, how great could it do.

Yeah, looking back I would not have gone to the theater to watch Hulk if I knew the movies would be the way they were. I would, however, consider watching a good 2 hours of the same Hulk we have seen in the Avengers. I feel they finally got it right. Match him with a good story and villain I think they got a movie.

Marvel better make sure they do a better job with the next Hulk movie and show the same love in making it and marketing it. Give it a decent budget too. I still say this was one of the main reason why TIH didn't do well in the Box Office. It wasn't a bad movie at all. Just poorly marketed. Plus the fact it that it was rebooted only 5 years from Ang Lee's version, I remember many people did not want to see it because they thought it was a sequel. Now with the success of the Marvel films including The Avengers, I'm sure it will do much better next time around.

Sadly, Ang Lee's Hulk really set Hulk back from taking off in movies. It's an interesting film, but, it's a terrible comic book movie and making Hulk 20 feet tall was just over the top, and the villain was weak. I'm sure if the 2008 film were the first, things would have done better. I really think they need to stay away from having any sort of villain. Have a movie with Banner on the run from Ross and maybe even SHIELD, as the indicated in Avengers, and don't worry about throwing in Gargoyle or the Leader or Abomination.

Agreed. He's as intriguing as the rest yet cant carry a movie alone.

I think that Hulk is a scene stealer and the greatest guest/co-star you can ask for. He doesn't seem to do as well when he needs to carry an entire film by himself--but he really worked well in Avengers as he bounced off of Stark, Thor, etc.

Maybe add a few co-superheroes? Oh and an interesting villain. It could work imo.

I want to see Norton, Ruffalo and Bana Hulks fight each other in this movie. :panic:

With a cameo by Lou.

Let's get ready to rumble.

Lou-Ferrigno-Hulk_1335443600.jpg

11162854_gal.jpg

The-Incredible-Hulk-Ang-Lee.jpg

hulk-still.jpg

I really think they need to stay away from having any sort of villain. Have a movie with Banner on the run from Ross and maybe even SHIELD, as the indicated in Avengers, and don't worry about throwing in Gargoyle or the Leader or Abomination.

Really? Wasn't that pretty much exactly what Ang Lee's film was for the most part and also the first half of the 2008 one? I think the 'on the run from the military' stuff is done. Getting a proper powerful villain like the Abomination was badly needed and I thought it was a great fight in that film.

I don't know what other villains are in the Hulk catalogue but the military stuff is done, we've seen it twice.

They've already hinted that part of Ruffalo's deal is definitely an Avengers sequel and cameos in other films. I have a feeling that this long date for a new Hulk film is so that they can continue to create a buzz and a fan base of Hulk in small doses so people will show up for his feature in droves.

Really? Wasn't that pretty much exactly what Ang Lee's film was for the most part and also the first half of the 2008 one? I think the 'on the run from the military' stuff is done. Getting a proper powerful villain like the Abomination was badly needed and I thought it was a great fight in that film.

Ang's film was more about psychology and family relationships, as a military chasing him film, it was weak. The final sequence was pretty good, but all the stuff wit his dad and mutant dogs and turning Talbot into a goofy scientist, it just didn't quite work.

I'm not opposed to a villain like Abomination, who I actually thought was handled well, but you have to do it just right or the film doesn't work and I get nervous about that, at least the Banner on the run stuff is tried and true, and you can always come up with new twists.

They've already said that Ang Lee's Hulk is null and void and that the events of The Incredible Hulk are still in Ruffalo's history but who knows what they'll go back and change. Everything from Ang's film including Absorbing Man is still up for grabs and I think with the eluding to people trying to replicate Cap serums with bad effects in The Avengers you could easily use pseudoscience to get some of those characters up and running.

They've already said that Ang Lee's Hulk is null and void and that the events of The Incredible Hulk are still in Ruffalo's history but who knows what they'll go back and change. Everything from Ang's film including Absorbing Man is still up for grabs and I think with the eluding to people trying to replicate Cap serums with bad effects in The Avengers you could easily use pseudoscience to get some of those characters up and running.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
I loved how Ruffalo performed in that scene,
Spoiler Spoiler:
He's really good.

edit: edited for spoilers.

Back