New Hot Toys T-600 with ripped clothes & "rubber" skin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I challenge you to produce any evidence that that is actually the case and not just a presumption that fans have developed after seeing nothing but Arnold on screen as a T-800.

If the Model number determines appearance, then every 800 will be built exactly like Arnold. If you look carefully at the drawings Cameron did, you can clearly see that the look of the Endo, especially the skull, is desgined to mimic the features of Arnold's body and face as he appeared in the first movie as if he looks that way because of the Endo with muscle on it. To say that every model of 800 would look different on the same exact Endo means you're not thinking it through. How successful could an 800 be in the future war if all the resistance had to do was spot really buff guys. How many buff guys are there going to be in a post apacolyptic wasteland? They surely wouldn't need dogs to spot them if they all had Olympian bodies. They could just say, "Hey, stranger, take your shirt off." When all else fails, remember to think "INFILTRATOR".

I stand by my interpretation of the designations. Otherwise, the whole concept of functioning as an infiltrator is self-defeated.

So then what does the model-101 imply?

And where do we get the T-RIP ? is that just a generalization for all the endos or a specific one?

There are also some confusion with this topic. Some say that the T-RIP (Resistance Infiltration Prototype) is just the same as the T-800, and some say the T-RIP is Marcus.

If there is some kind of "VIP Exclusive" version for HK members, Sideshow will be sure to offer it soon as they have done with almost every HT Exclusive.

what torso double are you referring to, the one from the eye surgery?

Exactly.

Well, Cameron came up with the general shape and form, but many of the smaller details and structures, and mainly the final head came from Winston and crew.[/IMG]

All right, I may have been mistaken, but I'm sure I've seen other drawings with the parts all broken down (head, are, pelvis, thigh, etc.) that are dead on to the Endo. I recall knowing that those had been drawn by Cameron himself. Anyway, the final Endo is clearly meant to give the Model 101 its human look.

So then what does the model-101 imply?

The person it looks like. In this case, the Model 101 is the model that, when in full cybrog camouflage, looks like Arnold. The Franco Columbo 800 would have been model 102, or something like that, and may also have used the same Endo.

And where do we get the T-RIP ? is that just a generalization for all the endos or a specific one?

R.esistance I.nfiltrator P.rototype should be a Terminator prototype. In original timeline terms, it would have been the 600, but in the currently timeline you have two options:

1) Marcus was both RIP (prototype for the 800) and also the 800 Hybrid. Starting with a human body to make the 800 series was what Skynet was doing in TS. Marcus was the only functioning prototype, but the human part of him made it not work, thus facilitating the need to grow the flesh for the cyborgs.

or 2) The Arnold was the prototype for the totally artificial cyborg 800s thus making it the T-RIP.

Marcus was still just the Hybrid, which is how I see the 700 series which really didn't get used in TS though all the toys suggest otherwise.

Really, the only reason the 800 Arnold is in TS is because they new fans would want to see it. They crammed everything into one movie and blew the story. The 700 factory became the 800 factory in the final release, totally skipping any story or reference to 700s at all.

Last edited:
it looks messy. the only reason I'd still want these new installments coming out so it gives manufacturers a reason to release new items from the past films, eg Neca and the Terminator 2 line and Sideshow releasing the torso haf of the T-800 with rifles.

The person it looks like. In this case, the Model 101 is the model that, when in full cybrog camouflage, looks like Arnold. The Franco Columbo 800 would have been model 102, or something like that, and may also have used the same Endo.

Okay, that's actually what I meant. Glad we're on the same page now :lol

I still don't understand why Colombo was a T-800 if you could see the red glow from his eyes as all the other T-800 even Marcus the prototype have human eyes shielding the red glow. that's why I thought Colombo might have been a previous model like the T-600.

I still don't understand why Colombo was a T-800 if you could see the red glow from his eyes as all the other T-800 even Marcus the prototype have human eyes shielding the red glow. that's why I thought Colombo might have been a previous model like the T-600.

I think most people (including myself) is under the assumption that Franco was a T-800 is because of the fact that he looked human, so he was able to blend in with the resistance.

I think most people (including myself) is under the assumption that Franco was a T-800 is because of the fact that he looked human, so he was able to blend in with the resistance.

Franco was an 800, and did blend as a human (only the dogs knew he wasn't), but would not have been a Model 101 though could have used the same or similar endo.

I get the impression that the red eyes were a theatrical device to imbue even more dread into the terminator laying waste to the resistance camp. Suffice it to say that it was an 800 series model. There have been some great discussions in this thread, which is one aspect I like most about the Terminator franchise. As we're way off topic already, I'll add some of my own thoughts here:

With regard to the specific designation of the 800 series, I like the simplicity of the model numbers denoting the different physical appearances. If any of you read the Stirling novels that pick up at the end of T2 (some good reads, IMO), you'll remember that there were primitive attempts at altering the appearance of the 800s to make them more diverse in the present circa 2002). I'm sure Skynet could have found more elegant solutions. As far as the underlying endoskeleton having to be different for each t-800, artificial implants could have been produced to alter structure of the face and slimmer models may have eventually been produced to break the give-away "Olympian" appearance.

Though a group of cybernetic bodybuilders may not have made the best infiltrators, remember that we come into the story in 1984 with Reese telling us that the resistance had won, and Skynet was throwing everything it had at mankind in a last ditch effort. At the time, the T-800s were probably plentiful and the first choice - Skynet knew immediately the odds of success and then sent its latest protoype - the T-1000. If you dismiss T3 as canon, then that was all it had. It's likely, that Skynet had limitless iterations of terminators, including more realistic infiltrators cooking but no time to develop them. That brings us back to the earlier "infiltrator" units (eg the T-600). It's conceivable that an "adolescent" Skynet may have overestimated its chance of success and went for the fear factor of the death metal album cover look of the 600s. It threw together a fough shell to give a few seconds of pause to the resistance - just enough time to bring it's minigun to bear. As Skynet grew in complexity, so did its thinking and thus its creations - or something like that.

As to the "Arnold" appearance - well, who didn't love to see that! But again we see the Skynet's geometric learning curve - this was the latest thing so why not let it loose - assuming the 700s were more that a marketing ploy, it's possible Skynet developed, nnever found a need for it as the 800s matured faster than it could have hoped - or something like that. But assuming McG gets to complete his trilogy, we'll likely see three things - we've already gotten the Arnold fan service, I've head rumors of the the advent of the T-1000 for the proposed sequel - again a nod to fans, with the thrid installment bringing us possible something completely new - or something like that.

With TS doing well overseas, I'm sure we'll see "TS 2".
I'm jumping all over these figures now (including the T-700) because I do not want to regret missing out on them if they reappear in the next movie and prices soar.

Sure, the T-700 didn't get it's due screen time, however, the next movie can be an entirely different creature with 700's swarming the battleground.

With the "TOY HUNTER" exclusive. I've seen this happen before.
Sideshow usually gets the same exclusives later on. In addition, the PVC masks shouldn't be difficult to customize. (same material as the aliens-, Dallas- and Kane-, body suits) So, those of us wanting a different look can simply cut it with a pair of sharp scissors.

boooooo.......

I WANT NAKED ARNIE t-800!!!!

lol can't wait to see what they do with this.

That brings us back to the earlier "infiltrator" units (eg the T-600). It's conceivable that an "adolescent" Skynet may have overestimated its chance of success and went for the fear factor of the death metal album cover look of the 600s. It threw together a fough shell to give a few seconds of pause to the resistance - just enough time to bring it's minigun to bear. As Skynet grew in complexity, so did its thinking and thus its creations - or something like that.

I like most of what you said, but I dislike people justifying 600s by what Kyle said. What Kyle said makes McG's 600 impossible. According to Kyle the word Terminator is the same as infiltrator. Let me spell this out in Kyle's own words taken directly from the movie.

“I’m Reese. Sergeant Tech Com DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You’ve been targeted for termination."

For this reason alone are they called Terminators, because they are designed to look human, infiltrate, and terminate their target, not because they run around the ruins with miniguns strapped to their arms and wear Myers masks.

"…It’s not a man. Machine. Terminator. Cyberdyne Systems model 101."

Skynet didn't design these so there is no adolescent phase in Skynet's development of Terminators. So many people miss that. Cyberdyne designed them from the remains found in their factory. That's why it's called 'Cyberdyne Systems Model 101', not Skynet model 101. Once the design was employed though, Skynet could have made any modifications it wanted such as variations in appearance and toward the end giving them real flesh. Let Kyle go on...

"Not a robot. Cyborg. Cybernetic organism. The Terminator’s an infiltration unit. (did you catch that this time?) Part man, part machine. Underneath it’s a hyper alloy combat chassis. Micro processor controlled. Fully armored. Very tough. But outside it’s living, human tissue. Flesh, skin, hair, blood, grown for the cyborgs. The 600 series had rubber skin; we spotted them easy. But these are new; they look human. Sweat, bad breath, everything. Very hard to spot. I had to wait til he moved on you before I could zero him.”

It's pretty clear that in Kyle's mind the Endoskeletons of the 600s and the 800s were no different. Based on what I quoted, the only evidence that the 600 was different from the 800 is the fact that Kyle says it had rubber skin, not a rubber mask, not inferior technology, not hulking proportions, not field combat tactics. The only mentioned difference between the 600s and the 800s is rubber skin which would most certainly have to be full body and somewhat convincing like the animatronic torso double in the eye surgery scene in T1. We, the audience, can spot the difference between real Arnold and the fake because IT has rubber skin (the unfortunate result of being made before CG, but you get the point). It is my assumption that Cyberdyne would have come up with something just like that to camouflage their soldier of the future, aka the 600 series, but until Skynet became self aware and twenty some years later found a purpose for the concept it had never been deployed because it lacked the AI to be autonomous.

we've already gotten the Arnold fan service, I've head rumors of the the advent of the T-1000 for the proposed sequel - again a nod to fans, with the thrid installment bringing us possible something completely new - or something like that.

Too much nodding already for the sake of nodding. It ruins the story despite the fact that I loved watching it. And we don't need new. We need done right. The T-1000 shouldn't even play into this since Kyle seems to know nothing about the prototype in '84. He obviously didn't know about it being sent to 1994 after John, or he would have mentioned it. 'Oh, BTW, Sarah, if we happen to survive this Terminator, there's going to be a more advanced one later that can even destroy the one we've already got.'

Am I getting through yet? I'm very passionate about the 'Bible' of Terminator that T1 set up. McG is blasphemy. He knows not what he does.

I get the impression that the red eyes were a theatrical device to imbue even more dread into the terminator laying waste to the resistance camp. Suffice it to say that it was an 800 series model. There have been some great discussions in this thread, which is one aspect I like most about the Terminator franchise. As we're way off topic already, I'll add some of my own thoughts here:

With regard to the specific designation of the 800 series, I like the simplicity of the model numbers denoting the different physical appearances. If any of you read the Stirling novels that pick up at the end of T2 (some good reads, IMO), you'll remember that there were primitive attempts at altering the appearance of the 800s to make them more diverse in the present circa 2002). I'm sure Skynet could have found more elegant solutions. As far as the underlying endoskeleton having to be different for each t-800, artificial implants could have been produced to alter structure of the face and slimmer models may have eventually been produced to break the give-away "Olympian" appearance.

Though a group of cybernetic bodybuilders may not have made the best infiltrators, remember that we come into the story in 1984 with Reese telling us that the resistance had won, and Skynet was throwing everything it had at mankind in a last ditch effort. At the time, the T-800s were probably plentiful and the first choice - Skynet knew immediately the odds of success and then sent its latest protoype - the T-1000. If you dismiss T3 as canon, then that was all it had. It's likely, that Skynet had limitless iterations of terminators, including more realistic infiltrators cooking but no time to develop them. That brings us back to the earlier "infiltrator" units (eg the T-600). It's conceivable that an "adolescent" Skynet may have overestimated its chance of success and went for the fear factor of the death metal album cover look of the 600s. It threw together a fough shell to give a few seconds of pause to the resistance - just enough time to bring it's minigun to bear. As Skynet grew in complexity, so did its thinking and thus its creations - or something like that.

As to the "Arnold" appearance - well, who didn't love to see that! But again we see the Skynet's geometric learning curve - this was the latest thing so why not let it loose - assuming the 700s were more that a marketing ploy, it's possible Skynet developed, nnever found a need for it as the 800s matured faster than it could have hoped - or something like that. But assuming McG gets to complete his trilogy, we'll likely see three things - we've already gotten the Arnold fan service, I've head rumors of the the advent of the T-1000 for the proposed sequel - again a nod to fans, with the thrid installment bringing us possible something completely new - or something like that.

well said, bro. that's my take on it as well. the mere fact that a "human" with the physique of a bodybuilder in a time where most ppl are thin & small from lack of food, plus an accent that is jarringly out of place, just completely goes against cameron's concept of an ANONYMOUS infiltrator. there's absolutely NOTHING anonymous abt the t800 in arnold's guise. or franco columbu for that matter. (cameron went for it simply cos he wanted to create, in his own words: a "mythic quality" for the terminator. needless to say, it worked.)

UNLESS... u rationalize this as skynet's lack of understanding of humans. as a learning machine, it was constantly refining its thought processes and insights. the logical conclusion was the t1000, the culmination of skynet having an almost complete understanding of how to blend its infiltrators into human society.

and i wouldn't read too much into reese's comment that "the 600 series had rubber skin, we spotted them easy."

i agree that mcG and team made the t600 a little TOO glaringly obvious to spot. but as a design, i kinda like the weird bald rubber mask over a massive, hulking endo frame. in any case, it IS consistent with its subsequent "improvement", a massive austrian beefcake that was supposed to be a convincing infiltrator...

Last edited:
Looks pretty cool with the eyes lit up. And in this pic:

47831007959823435869043.jpg

Looks the same to me as the other T-600 from HT, just more silver. Pretty cool.

Back