New guy from Hong Kong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowcow

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi guys..nice to meet you all

I always been a fan of star wars since little kid,to recall back i think the first english film my dad rent out for me at the video shop was star wars.ever since got hooked on it. but never had the money to buy figures etc etc, than as the age goes up start to know G.I.Joe and saint seyia (japanese manga).did have a few toys here and there.but as you guys know eventually they will just get torn to pieces or lost.

Now married and stable income.my collecting habit has begun and kept growing as days goes by.at the start was collecting a few michael lau figure, be@rbrick and few bbi and dragon army 1/6 figures,also some star wars legos as well but nothing major. ever since got introduce to sideshow and hottoys the collections begun to grow.

Now also start collecting Soldier Story, DID figures too..

As the collection so far..

Sideshow

Sandtrooper Squad Leader
Sandtrooper Corporal
Sandtrooper Desert Sand Detachment
Blackhole Stormtrooper
Gartog – Gamorrean Guard
Boba Fett
Bib Fortuna
Snowtrooper

Hottoys

Ironman Mark 1 2.0
Ironman Mark 2
Jack Sparrow DX
Joker MMS
Joker 1989 DX
Batman 1989 DX
Iron Monger
Predator MMS
City Hunter Predator

My shopping list at the moment are:

Tomy marmit: Tie fighter pilot, ATAT driver
Hottoys: Ironman mark V, Indiana Jones DX, T800 DX, Scar Predator
SS: Stormtroopers, Greedo, Tusken, Sandtrooper Sergeant, Stormtrooper Commander

If anyone has these SS figures to sell, please drop me a message

thank you.will write more soon.

Last edited:
Welcome! If you get a chance, post some pictures of the toy shops in Hong Kong... would be cool to see!

as much as i want to some malls are b***hes about people taken photos.but the big ones like hottoys and enterbay are cool about it.i try thou.

wavesmile.gif
:welcome1: to the :FREAK: Show, Cowcow! :duff
wavesmile.gif

Welcome! If you get a chance, post some pictures of the toy shops in Hong Kong... would be cool to see!

Hey golobulus, for your request i took some sneaky pic of HT lastnight,is not much but hope you like it.

20130302_203818_zpsa0e02c09.jpg

20130302_203910_zps7ce90fb5.jpg

20130302_203835_zps00b3c109.jpg

20130302_204006_zps440d211e.jpg

20130302_204016_zps7b49b097.jpg

20130302_204019_zps5b3b3daa.jpg

Will try to take more soon.:lol

Hi, welcome to the board. My family are originally from Hong Kong. Looks like you've got a fast growing collection there, the SS stormtrooper's quite hard to find these days.

Yeah, some places in Hong Kong are really against people taking photos for some reason. No idea why.

I'm making a trip this May, going to visit some of the lovely shops in Causeway Bay. Can you recommend any shops? I'm into 1/6 figures, small statues and artbooks.

Hi, welcome to the board. My family are originally from Hong Kong. Looks like you've got a fast growing collection there, the SS stormtrooper's quite hard to find these days. Yeah, some places in Hong Kong are really against people taking photos for some reason. No idea why. I'm making a trip this May, going to visit some of the lovely shops in Causeway Bay. Can you recommend any shops? I'm into 1/6 figures, small statues and artbooks.

Hey omegaglory thanks for the welcome note.guessing you been bought up in US since you were little kid.right?same here,i moved to UK when young and just recently moved back to HK for good.

Of course can recommend some places to dig for those cheap bargains for you,so without saying you been to the comics shop at causeway bay right,well they are still here.

Most of the shops are locate in mong kok,kowloon.and they dont really open for business until late afternoon so dont bother waking up early unless could go for the window shopping.

In's Point shopping centre
You could find pretty much anything from secondhand loose figures to brand new products, from Lego set to japanese anime.if you are looking for custom head sculpt or accessories for your 1/6 figures you will preety much find it there.

Richmond Centre
Again pretty much what you need or anything to do with toys you be able to find it there.few of the shops there sells secondhand toys which are worth checking out and dont be hesitated to ask them to open the box for you.some offer good price too.
Obviously you will find shops that put the price up sky high,so is upto you on your budget.

CTMA Centre
Locate in the heart of mong kok, Is kinda like a shopping mall which sells cloths,woman accessories, toys and even have restaurant upstairs too.
Here you can find Hottoys flagship store,dont have your hopes up at Hottoys thou,because most of the latest figure are only for preorder customer only,saying that they still have some last season figures for sell.you can also find some Sideshow stuff there too.

At the basement of the mall there is a shop sells statues and artbook,every now and than they will have some sideshow stuff for sell,i brought my first SS sandtrooper there.worth check it out.good price.

There is another shop there on the basement sells alot of 1/6 SS figures but the prices are abit high.even thou is quite rare.

Superman Toys,just next to Hottoys.cannot miss it,there is a big display of Bearbricks,Ultraman and all sorts.mostly sells japanese anime and manga stuff.you will find some medicom stuff there.

Enterbay shops are at mong kok too, if you need the address i tell you later,or you could just ask people where GUN Street is(a little area where they sell airsoft).5mins from CTMA.

Hint-Dont use your credit card because most shops dont accept it and if they do they will charge you 2-3% on top,obviously Hottoys,Enterbay and superman toys are ok.
You can always try to ask them for a cheaper price too, most time they will either say is the cheapest price or they will offer you price reduce if you buy 2 items or above.

P.s forgot to mention there is a Big toy shop at Quarry Bay,Hk island side.Is call ToyzoneHk.u can look it up on web.They used to be at causeway bay but move to Quarry bay. again you find alot of loose stuff there,1/6 figures,star wars vintage.pretty much you name it they have got it.most of them is secondhand.Can atleast spent a good few hours there。

I think i pretty much covered all toy shops or mall in HK.if you do come let me know as i can be your guide if u need.Good time to come back too in may.Cos the Batmobile from HT will be out.hahaha

Back