New Disney Elite Series Diecast Figure Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got my Rey and Phasma today and they are everything I had hoped for and more. They had 6 of one and 7 of the other so it seems like they got a full case of each. There were enough figures that I could go through them and find a pair with good paint apps -- a few of the Reys had some dodgy paint. I find the number of figures interesting as I heard from 2 different Disney Stores, including this one, that they only got 2 or 3 Reys on "Force Friday." Apparently they only got the figures in about 2 hours before I showed up. I am curious how many they will have tomorrow but not curious enough to call them and ask.

When I bought Maul I got a come-back coupon ($10 off a purchase of $40 or more) only good this week and next. I don't think it's by accident that they're starting to restock their stores with Elites during the same time period.

Hate to be a heretic, but I don't really 'get' these figures. I ordered the First Order Stormtrooper and got it in yesterday. I was disappointed in the articulation, disgusted by the exposed screws (seriously? A little plug was too much to ask??) and the proportions seem off to me. I feel like it has little stubby arms and legs. The weight feels awesome and he looks good straight on, but you can't pose the guy or risk displaying him anywhere those screw holes would be visible. Also with how soft/loose the ankle joints are, the 'stand' is pretty pointless.

I don't dislike it enough to try and return it or sell it off or anything. It' decent enough, but overall disappointing and I don't think I will get any others from this 'elite' line. Extra weight doesn't really 'do it' for me considering the trade offs. Was there another advantage over the black series that I am missing? Paint apps or something?

Not collecting those even if i were really tempted when i saw them at my local Disney Store. This being said, paint app, especially on human sculpts is way better than what TBS 6" offer right now.

My store only had one phasma and one Flametrooper and a ton of Kylo Rens...

Attachments

• IMG_4558.jpg
    IMG_4558.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 280
Hate to be a heretic, but I don't really 'get' these figures. I ordered the First Order Stormtrooper and got it in yesterday. I was disappointed in the articulation, disgusted by the exposed screws (seriously? A little plug was too much to ask??) and the proportions seem off to me. I feel like it has little stubby arms and legs. The weight feels awesome and he looks good straight on, but you can't pose the guy or risk displaying him anywhere those screw holes would be visible. Also with how soft/loose the ankle joints are, the 'stand' is pretty pointless.

I don't dislike it enough to try and return it or sell it off or anything. It' decent enough, but overall disappointing and I don't think I will get any others from this 'elite' line. Extra weight doesn't really 'do it' for me considering the trade offs. Was there another advantage over the black series that I am missing? Paint apps or something?

These are cheaper than the Black series, they look better and feel better to me. Toys r Us sell black series at £24.99 each ive found, these are £18.95. Im happy with the proportions. Phasmas head is a wee bit big but its not off putting. Im most excited by Boba and Darth Vader.

How long have these been out? Can't see much talk about them for a general consensus. A lot of people dislike them?
Was thinking about the Disney Vader and how it will look with all those 1/12 stormies.

General consensus is that they have excellent paint apps but limited range of articulation and showing screws detract from the whole figures quality.

General consensus is that they have excellent paint apps but limited range of articulation and showing screws detract from the whole figures quality.

Watch all the YouTube reviews, it's much worse than that.

The weight is too heavy on the ankles (which are a poor design ) causing them to fall over frequently. On Renn's figure if you remove the band on his hand, the saber will keep falling off, again poor design on the hand holding the weapon :slap

For Maul , his arms don't bend so you can't pose him with the dual blade saber in both hands :gah:

Basically you are paying $20 plus for a figure that excels only when you leave it in the box unopened. The minute you start to unwrap these figures are crap.

Crap is a bit of an overstatement. I love them, the weight and the feel is fantastic. The only figure that has the "weak ankles" issue is the First Order Stormtrooper for me but I will admit that I didn't remove the band from Kylo's lightsaber. I definitely like them more than the Black Series stuff but they are definitely ones for me that are better with armored figures. Maul wasn't that impressive for me really, nice figure but the diecast on it wasn't exactly necessary. I would have been okay had they gone with a droid from TPM to really show off the diecast aspect. That being said I'm still all in on this line. They look great displayed together.

These figures do have their issues. But I wouldn't call them crap. I took the bands off of Kylo Ren's hand and just did the hot water trick and repositioned the grip of the hand. Figures are good enough for display.
1e3720705e5913ecf14bb8196858b4c1.jpg
27362b75a2f6e80602e7bf84bfda0a14.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah, I stopped in today and they had a handful of Rey, a couple of dozen Stormtroopers, probably another couple of dozen Kylo Ren, and a few Phasma. I picked up Phasma for a friend, and Rey for myself! I was happy they had a selection to choose from, as I was able to pick one with the best paints -- which definitely isn't easy with the Rey's I had to choose from! Luckily one was as perfect as I could likely hope to find in this series! Phasma looks great as well...they all do really!

They also had one Anakin left, due to selling the others yesterday by mistake! I only wanted Rey, so he was an easy pass anyway. I'll likely try and pick up Vader or Fett for a friend of mine as well for his birthday...otherwise, I'm happy having found a pretty damn perfect Rey finally! She'll stay in the box with me on my desk at work!

they had them online at 4:00 A:M and they already sold out of Phasma by 7:30.. I'm really surprised the flametrooper is still on there! He seems to be
popular on ebay

I'm keeping these in box. They display great that way so I'm good. Not normally a MISB collector either.

Yeah, I'm keeping Rey in the box too. She sits nicely on my desk, and looks great. The box is really nice, and while I don't expect these to be worth anything more than what I spent on her, she just looks better in the box than she would posed outside of it (or standing outside of it in the same stance, from what most are saying about their posing abilities. :lol) Overall, I'm really happy with it!

they had them online at 4:00 A:M and they already sold out of Phasma by 7:30.. I'm really surprised the flametrooper is still on there! He seems to be
popular on ebay

I saw a bunch of Stormtroopers when I went yesterday, but didn't search through them. Wonder if one of them was a Flame Trooper...quite likely, since there were so many! Guess I was lucky to nab a Phasma, though I'm sure they'll all eventually be quite easy to get after the movie is released. I don't see Disney not keeping these stocked.

Got Grievous today. One of my favorites of the group despite being one of my least favorite characters. His box is about 50% wider than the other characters' boxes. Really nice looking figure. I keep all of mine in box so great for display purposes! It was the last one in the store when I got there at 5pm. They said they got 8. Whereas for the other characters they got 12. 5 people were in line this morning for the raffle. Glad I got him!

Back