New Disney Elite Series Diecast Figure Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, what about all these talks about raffles/lotteries/numbered edition for the last few days? Really confusing if Maul ends up as a regular piece and is widely available.

So, what about all these talks about raffles/lotteries/numbered edition for the last few days? Really confusing if Maul ends up as a regular piece and is widely available.

Yeah it's confusing me as well. I haven't seen confirmation anywhere. Just store employees saying stuff. As a former retail employee I can say that we never knew what we were talking about lol.

employees must have watched alot of Ace Ventura, cause they talk out of their ass.
he said they would re-stock the first wave of elite TFA, but sounded not so sure.

funny how Maul is still not sold out on the disney store after all the commotion of having people show photo id's to buy a god damn toy.

employees must have watched alot of Ace Ventura, cause they talk out of their ass.
he said they would re-stock the first wave of elite TFA, but sounded not so sure.

funny how Maul is still not sold out on the disney store after all the commotion of having people show photo id's to buy a god damn toy.

Well the photo ID makes sense. That "helps" prevent credit card fraud. But yeah my store was limited to 1 Maul/Person/Day.

The selling out of these items is frustrating, mainly because it doesn't drive interest, it just drives up EBay prices. There's no real reason why these shouldn't be restocked fairly consistently. It's not like they're rare numbered pieces. By the start of next year they'll be readily available any time you walk into a store.

The fact that the web store has so many and the physical stores don't suggest that the problem is their supply chain. Which is good as that makes me think the shortages are temporary and are due to incompetence and not a nefarious plan to manipulate the aftermarket and toy with the collectors.

Yeah it's confusing me as well. I haven't seen confirmation anywhere. Just store employees saying stuff. As a former retail employee I can say that we never knew what we were talking about lol.

There's a (Disney) voucher picture posted on Yakface that does explain how raffle/lottery would work in stores. So, there's definitely plans to make for limited numbers on this figure.
And you are right about retail employees being kept in the dark. Did work at retail too for a decade or so.

So are they going to restock the existing TFA figures soon? I'm looking to get a Phasma.

Rumors are Mid-October and then right before Black Friday.

There's a (Disney) voucher picture posted on Yakface that does explain how raffle/lottery would work in stores. So, there's definitely plans to make for limited numbers on this figure.
And you are right about retail employees being kept in the dark. Did work at retail too for a decade or so.

Here is the thing, Disney considered these "Collector's Edition" versions because they are the ones that were included with the D23 box set. So stores only got between 8 and 24 depending on size of store. It was actual policy that on Mondays they'd hold the raffle and then only those would be sold to those who won it. Then it'd be made available online on Tuesday. No one even store employees knew the online numbers sometimes their collector dolls sell out within minutes online. The thing is Maul was all hype, people went down (myself included) they pulled names and some people got turned away but no one expected them to be readily available online, people were even posting about logging in at midnight (when they were released) to try and get it.

Maul didn't sell as big as they expected BUT it doesn't mean folks like Vader or Boba won't command the nuttiness that they expected with all of them.

Got Maul in the mail today, not a bad figure but not a great one either:
rXN55rF.jpg

Not a fan of how his arms look if you raise them:
AQEGp3C.jpg

Next to Phasma he looks tiny (or she looks huge):
6E7dU1p.jpg

Great news for anyone looking to buy Elite series figures!! I can only confirm this for California so anything outside I would suggest you contact your local
Disney store TODAY!!! After speaking to a couple store managers they are Re releasing the Elite series from Force Friday on Sunday 10/4/2015 at all Disney
stores. This will also be available online Sunday morning... They are not doing a lottery and its one per customer. These stores have been instructed to hold all the figures in the back until Sunday morning!! Good luck to everyone!! and if you are a scalper.... go take a hike like the last guy that tried pulling his **** in front of me at a Disney store. Be very careful, not all collectors live in a basement and play X-wing min all day! This collector will knock your "D" in the dirt!!:wave

Got Maul in the mail today, not a bad figure but not a great one either:
rXN55rF.jpg

Not a fan of how his arms look if you raise them:
AQEGp3C.jpg

Next to Phasma he looks tiny (or she looks huge):
6E7dU1p.jpg

Wow they want $20 plus dollars for this :slap

I'll stick with S.H. Figuarts despite the size of the elite series

The extra $20 is worth it for what you get

I'll think I'll stick to the TFA Phasma elite

Great news for anyone looking to buy Elite series figures!! I can only confirm this for California so anything outside I would suggest you contact your local
Disney store TODAY!!! After speaking to a couple store managers they are Re releasing the Elite series from Force Friday on Sunday 10/4/2015 at all Disney
stores. This will also be available online Sunday morning... They are not doing a lottery and its one per customer. These stores have been instructed to hold all the figures in the back until Sunday morning!! Good luck to everyone!! and if you are a scalper.... go take a hike like the last guy that tried pulling his **** in front of me at a Disney store. Be very careful, not all collectors live in a basement and play X-wing min all day! This collector will knock your "D" in the dirt!!:wave

Thanks for the tip, Sunday morning at my Disney store is chaotic. Maybe I'll try online first :lecture

Went to disney store today. Got Darth Maul. In the UK Boba Fett is on 8th December, Vader 24th November and Stormtrooper is 10th November.

Grevious and Anakin are exclusive to certain stores

The Disney UK website has all of the Force Awakens Elites available to purchase. If anyone has any UK buddies maybe they could help...

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Half the Awakens are sold out, namely the stormtrooper and there were no Kylo Ren last night as I checked.

Back