New Disney Elite Series Diecast Figure Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can try nail polish. I've used it on some joints in past and it has worked - mainly on Play Arts, Figuarts, etc. Or like a really small dab of superglue but keep moving the joint until it is completely dry or it will glue it into place. Crazy but it works.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

thanks man, I'll give those a go!

Kylo's lightsaber was also bent in the box, so I had to heat the plastic and straighten that out too!

Rey has some lose joint and paint chipping issues, overall the best figure was BB-8, the only one without fault!

I'm hoping they really crack down on quality control if they intend to make this line last a long time

My Rens right leg is the same. I think its abit longer too. Best thing is to pose the legs out abit like mine is. Balances spot on.

12002426_10155976255785403_4956031280049779856_o.jpg

My local disney store is having trouble getting the regular stormtroopers in. The have tons of every other character. I want 2 storm and 2 flame. Not bothering with Human characters. Id like a Snowtrooper. Wonder if theres an elite wave 2

Wave 2 is a Maul, Vader, ESB Stormtrooper, Anakin, Grievous and a mystery character. Starting September 26 they're basically being released one every 3 weeks.

Wave 2 is a Maul, Vader, ESB Stormtrooper, Anakin, Grievous and a mystery character. Starting September 26 they're basically being released one every 3 weeks.

Boba Fett should be on that list too!

I'm not sure if it posted correctly but I attached a photo to my post at the bottom of page 3 of this thread, it had the release dates of the figures you mention. :)

I have a question about Phasma. Can you "holster" her gun onto her leg like the Black Series Clones?

And you guys are killing me with the pictures.

I saw these when I was at the Disney Store at 5AM on Force Friday. They look good on display though seemed to have some issues on closer inspection so I passed. The paint was a little bit sloppy in some areas and I didn't like the visible screws on the back. The scale was also weird, at 6.5 inches tall. Little too big to fit in with other 1/12 scale figures but alright on their own. But still not a bad buy at only $25 for diecast parts. Just not my cup of tea.

Apparently the lack series TRU exclusive Flame Trooper sold out today on preorder. Wonder if these Elite figures will be as difficult to come by.

Opened up my Die Cast Flame Trooper today. For what they are and at $25 no tax + free shipping, I'm glad I grabbed Kylo,Phasma,Fl Troopper, FO Trooper. If I could have just one thing, it would be ankle tilt/rocker. If I could have two things it would be ankle tilt and thigh swivel. I'd pay $50 per figure if they had Die Cast Heads, Die Cast guns, ratchet joints, cleaner/crisper paint job, and all the articulation of the Black Series.

I am pleased with them in the end though. I definitely won't be completest on this line and I think anyone that likes a particular character should try to grab one (but only at retail price).

Size wise the fit somewhere in between 6" BS and the Movie Realization line. I do think that the Flame Trooper could feasibly fit in the BS line if you like to imagine that there is some hulking bruiser squad of men that are in the Flame Trooper Units. Kinda makes them seem even more scary.

I've opened up Phasma, and realistically she's a glorified statue. I'll open the rest later tonight. They'll look great on the shelf and were a fun Force Friday online purchase. I can cetainly appreciate and enjoy them for now, but I can see these being sold off at some point in the not too distant future though.

Awesome pics! Holy cow I had no idea the Bandai Stormtrooper and Vader were that big. I am picking them up immediately. The samurai troop is killer.

Flametrooper is pretty sweet as well. Really liking this die cast line. Excited about all of them.

That Phasma looks so cool. Stopped at the Disney Store this morning but no restock. Still need to get that Flametrooper as well.

My Elite figures were delivered yesterday. I only bought 3 of them from the Disney Store online. I got Captain Phasma, Kylo Ren, and the Flametrooper. Out of those I think Kylo Ren is my least favorite and Captain Phasma is my favorite. Kylo Ren is kind of hard to get into a good looking pose due to lack of ankle pivot and the way the hands are shaped. I managed to get him in an acceptable pose for now, but I definitely like the Black Series version better. Captain Phasma looks pretty awesome, although on my figure her cape has some red marks where it should be black, which is disappointing. She's not super poseable either, but she looks good standing tall with her gun held up at an angle. I have her on my table next to the couch and a Black Series Stormtrooper is next to her. She towers over that figure a lot. So obviously there is no mixing the two series for a cohesive display. I'm also a bit disappointed with the Flametrooper because the elbow on the right arm is facing a different direction than the other figures. This was done so he could hold his gun with 2 hands. I also don't like that his right hand is permanently attached to his gun, but I wanted him to hold the gun anyway. It still kind of sucks that there aren't really many options for display with him due to things being in fixed positions like that. Oh and when I tried to move his left elbow it stripped some of the paint at the elbow joint.

These figures would have been super awesome if they had more articulation similar to the Black Series. They looks nice, but overall they are more like statues that you can pose a little. That being said I'm still glad I bought them, although I kind of wish I had saved my money on Kylo Ren. I really like the Black Series version of him a lot more and I'm not super impressed with the Elite version. These figures feel impressive when you pick them up because of the weight. I feel like I could chuck one of these at an intruder and render him unconscious at the very least. I don't know if I'll buy any other figures in the Elite series. I may pick up some that haven't been released in the Black Series, like Grievous. I may also get a few of my favorites like Boba Fett. But I don't see myself being a completest with the Elite series.

That Phasma looks so cool. Stopped at the Disney Store this morning but no restock. Still need to get that Flametrooper as well.

are the planning on re-stocking these things I was under the impression they were just releasing them for force friday

are the planning on re-stocking these things I was under the impression they were just releasing them for force friday

I think they are releasing new figures in the series every 3 weeks or every month. I read that on here somewhere. So they will be releasing new figures soon and I don't see why they wouldn't restock old ones. I haven't seen anything about them being a limited production run.

Back