New Disney Elite Series Diecast Figure Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vader sold out

have no intention of selling mine, but all these re-re-re releases make my colletion feel less valuable. part of the joy of having them is knowing others want them.

Vader sold out

have no intention of selling mine, but all these re-re-re releases make my colletion feel less valuable. part of the joy of having them is knowing others want them.

I've never liked itens like figures being limited runs. If someone wants to pay let them buy the figure.

Vader sold out

Wow..Not Cool. Tell that to my 12 year old nephew who would love to have Maul and Vader. :dunno

I've only been able to pick up the ep7 figures since I don't live close to a Disney store and can't sit on-line 24 hours a day waiting. Here's hoping Vader, Maul and Grievous come back at some point. Would love to have them all.

Wow..Not Cool. Tell that to my 12 year old nephew who would love to have Maul and Vader. :dunno

I've only been able to pick up the ep7 figures since I don't live close to a Disney store and can't sit on-line 24 hours a day waiting. Here's hoping Vader, Maul and Grievous come back at some point. Would love to have them all.

Same here, need Grevious and Maul.

Vader sold out

"The Darkside I sense in you...."

uploadfromtaptalk1449519424100.jpg Managed to get Fett at one of the local Disney Stores.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Making customers go through all if this for essentially a toy action figure is NOT making the magic happen.
Disney... in this you are creating more angry customers than happy ones.
Love to find the genius that said... " let's make customers actually drive out to our stores, wait to ENTER a RAFFLE to see if they can give US their money".

Yup.... that's retail pure genius folks... genius.

Disney gets the D bag award for this one for sure.

I for one did not know about this insane strategy. I always just bought them by going to the store or online.
Never knew that I was buying what was "left" over from the days BS raffle.
My day ttoday.... Arrived at the Disney Store 5 minutes before they opened with my daughter. This after a one hour drive in traffic in Massachusetts to get there. When I asked where the boba Fetts were they kindly told me, oh we have them here now but you can't buy one you have to come back at 1 o'clock to enter your name for a raffle. A raffle I said a raffle for what. Oh that's to see if your name is drawn on whether or not you can even buy one from us. I looked at the woman and said are you serious you're saying to me I have to come back in 3 hours to give you my name to wait to see if you draw my name to then find out if I can even buy one from you. She said yes that's our wonderful policy that makes it fair for everyone. I said man it's a two hour round trip for me to get here I'm here now I'm the first one in your store and you're telling me I have to come back in 3 hours to put my name in a hat and then you can't even tell me at that point if I can even buy one. She said yes that's our policy. I looked at my daughter and said let's get out of here. I simply can't imagine in this day and age actually having a policy where you tell customers to drive to your store wait in line to put your name in a hat to see if you're even allowed to buy from them... this is absolute insanity in the retail market. I spent 20 years as a regional manager throughout New England for a group of large consumer electronics stores I had over 750 employees and 12 store that averaged 2-7 million dollars a year in sales and in my career I have never had a policy so completely insane to customers. To think of customers going to your store to buy something for themselves or for a gift for friends or family in being told that yes we have them but you can't buy it until you enter a raffle is just mind boggling. I have no problem with first come first serve that just makes sense, if you only get 10 of an item in and 12 people want it then I guess the first 10 who show up get to buy it like every other retail experience there is. The idea that people have to go to a store just to apply for the ability to maybe give you their money is absolutely ludicrous. For this I give Disney a big throbbing f you. And this from the company whose motto is make the magic happen......

Oh and good news....the manager said..hey, if you get up at 3am wensday morning and go online, you'll have a chance to buy one then.But only for a few minutes....

......crickets...... holding middle finger....... crickets......

Yeah no $***. When I was a kid there was plenty of Star Wars toys to go around for everybody who wanted them. None of this limited edition elitist crap. The pegs at Toys 'R Us were always filled with figures. You could walk in to pretty much any store at any time and find what you wanted. Now the companies are in cahoots with the retailers to make everything an exclusive and super limited and distribution stinks with short-packed case assortments. Making the classic Star Wars figures in this line available for one day by lottery was a total effing joke. I was just at the Disney store and they are stocked to the gills with Episode 7 figures and zero classic Star Wars figures. They would sell a TON more if they had an even split between classic figures and TFA figures. Makes no sense why Disney would short change themselves when they only promote a secondary market who reaps the benefits of their rarity while they do not.

Making customers go through all if this for essentially a toy action figure is NOT making the magic happen.
Disney... in this you are creating more angry customers than happy ones.
Love to find the genius that said... " let's make customers actually drive out to our stores, wait to ENTER a RAFFLE to see if they can give US their money".

Yup.... that's retail pure genius folks... genius.

Disney gets the D bag award for this one for sure.

I for one did not know about this insane strategy. I always just bought them by going to the store or online.
Never knew that I was buying what was "left" over from the days BS raffle.
My day ttoday.... Arrived at the Disney Store 5 minutes before they opened with my daughter. This after a one hour drive in traffic in Massachusetts to get there. When I asked where the boba Fetts were they kindly told me, oh we have them here now but you can't buy one you have to come back at 1 o'clock to enter your name for a raffle. A raffle I said a raffle for what. Oh that's to see if your name is drawn on whether or not you can even buy one from us. I looked at the woman and said are you serious you're saying to me I have to come back in 3 hours to give you my name to wait to see if you draw my name to then find out if I can even buy one from you. She said yes that's our wonderful policy that makes it fair for everyone. I said man it's a two hour round trip for me to get here I'm here now I'm the first one in your store and you're telling me I have to come back in 3 hours to put my name in a hat and then you can't even tell me at that point if I can even buy one. She said yes that's our policy. I looked at my daughter and said let's get out of here. I simply can't imagine in this day and age actually having a policy where you tell customers to drive to your store wait in line to put your name in a hat to see if you're even allowed to buy from them... this is absolute insanity in the retail market. I spent 20 years as a regional manager throughout New England for a group of large consumer electronics stores I had over 750 employees and 12 store that averaged 2-7 million dollars a year in sales and in my career I have never had a policy so completely insane to customers. To think of customers going to your store to buy something for themselves or for a gift for friends or family in being told that yes we have them but you can't buy it until you enter a raffle is just mind boggling. I have no problem with first come first serve that just makes sense, if you only get 10 of an item in and 12 people want it then I guess the first 10 who show up get to buy it like every other retail experience there is. The idea that people have to go to a store just to apply for the ability to maybe give you their money is absolutely ludicrous. For this I give Disney a big throbbing f you. And this from the company whose motto is make the magic happen......

Oh and good news....the manager said..hey, if you get up at 3am wensday morning and go online, you'll have a chance to buy one then.But only for a few minutes....

......crickets...... holding middle finger....... crickets......

Same happened to me! And in Massachusetts where are you from? I got to the store at 10am figuring boba would be a hot one and I was shocked about this raffle crap. I came into work late for nothing! Apparently their entire stock sold out in this raffle at 1. Leaves me figureless and now at the mercy of scalpers. If anyone has extra let me know...

I was able to get the other elites after work, this one of course is scalper bait.

Back