New Customer Policy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akamonrg

Super Freak
Reaction score
My Joker arrived broken.
Send a mail to told that both legs are broken, the flower...
Join a pics of the broken legs to illustrate (one came separatly and the other one is broken).

Joker pf casse par AkamonRG, sur Flickr

Before reading the reply I just want to told that I think the next mail will be for a replacement (I hope and ask for it) and that all of this was just a mistake.
But when I received it, was not a funny mail to read when you received something broken which cost 350$.
Now I smile and waiting the new reply.

Thank you for your Email. I am sorry to hear your Joker Premium Format was delivered with a broken leg.

After evaluating your photos it appears that the leg broken off is a clean break, which may be easily fixable by super glue. If you are open to the idea of gluing your clean break into the fitted groove where the arm attaches, I will happily offer you a Sideshow Collectibles credit of $55.00 that can be used on a future purchase. If there is something from our website that you are thinking about ordering, let us know the item number and we will book the order for you and apply this credit to that purchase. This offer is valid on any in-stock or preorder items listed in our online store or any item you currently have on pre-order.

Another option, instead of the Sideshow Collectibles credit, we can offer you a $50.00 partial refund back on the purchase price of your item. Again, you would be able to keep your statue as is and the partial refund will be issued directly to the credit card on file used to pay for the item. Please note however, if you accept the Sideshow Collectibles credit or the discounted refund, the case will be closed and you will not be eligible for a further refund or an exchange on this item.

If you would like to proceed with one of the options listed above and need a recommendation for a type of glue to use on your repair, we recommend Zap-A-Gap which comes in a green bottle and is available in most hardware or hobby stores. It is also available for purchase online.

Please let us know what you would like to do. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you.

Best Regards

So as you read only 2 options the DIY option with glue or only 50 bucks refund for a 350 bucks that came damaged.
I don't know that sideshow sold some kit to build yourself.

Maybe they forgive the third option for replacement...... :stick

That's AWFUL. Sideshow has always been great for replacements and refunds for me but this is ridiculous.

It's a collectible for gods sake arriving broken and being advised to just glue it back together is apalling

My Joker arrived broken.
Send a mail to told that both legs are broken, the flower...
Join a pics of the broken legs to illustrate (one came separatly and the other one is broken).

Joker pf casse par AkamonRG, sur Flickr

Before reading the reply I just want to told that I think the next mail will be for a replacement (I hope and ask for it) and that all of this was just a mistake.
But when I received it, was not a funny mail to read when you received something broken which cost 350$.
Now I smile and waiting the new reply.

So as you read only 2 options the DIY option with glue or only 50 bucks refund for a 350 bucks that came damaged.
I don't know that sideshow sold some kit to build yourself.

Maybe they forgive the third option for replacement...... :stick

Sounds like you got a newb. Call customer service and explain the problem. Worst case scenario, I don't see why you wouldn't get a full refund if replacements aren't available.

People that got the freebies ones like,DC/Marvel/Eidos/Hot Toys/Celebrities if they got a damage one,Sideshow would send another one with no questions asked,but for the paying costumer is DIY ? That's just not cool.

Maybe the next time someone gets a piece with bad paint apps, they'll suggest some paint from Michael's. They have coupons, you know... :dunno

There is progress, replacement for the body but I wrote that there is damage on body and other minor things.
Think it will be a full replacement, at this level it is the simple and easy things to do, but maybe they don't read all the first message, don't write all details but I tought they will do as usual and ask me to destroy it to book a full replacement in first mail after seeing damaged...

Hope no one will have this message in futur, crazy to propose to only glue or refund for a 350 bucks statue.
Maybe some will accept to repair themselves a PF but wait not all could repair this.
The only thing that surprise me is to not propose a replacement option.

If someone from sideshow read this, just understand, we are collectors, we like what you do but when you received something broken, you just want a replacement or money back if no replacement available.

So the third mail will be the good one, I hope :pray:

Akamonrg, sorry for any confusion. The option for a replacement was always there, but it may have gotten lost in the rest of the information the rep was giving you. When the rep wrote:

Please note however, if you accept the Sideshow Collectibles credit or the discounted refund, the case will be closed and you will not be eligible for a further refund or an exchange on this item.

The underlined bit addresses option of getting an exchange. Like I said it was a bit buried but the offer is there. Please respond back to the email and let the rep know you would like the replacement. Sorry for any confusion and if you ever have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact our customer service department. We can usually help clear any confusion in a matter of minutes.

SideshowMike,

I agree I think the replacement / exchange part was almost completely hidden in the customer service email. The other options were explained in detail. Yet no information was given on how he was to go about getting a replacement piece.

I hope someone is making sure that all options are covered when emails like this are sent out. Hate to have someone misread it and think all they can do is glue it. Or receive about a 15% credit.

Personally I just call direct when I have had issues (rare) in the past. The folks on the phone have always done a great job.

You jumped the gun.
At no time, while or after reading the reply you got from Sideshow, it made me think that these are the only two options for you. They were merely suggesting an alternative solution. If the line ".. If you are open to the idea of gluing.." was unclear, all you had to do is ask " Well, what if I am not.."
If you were worried about the lack of a return option, all you had to do is just read the FAQ on their website on how to obtain a RMA, which is really an easy, no hassle process.
If you wanted an exchange - Again, asking "..What if I am not open to it.." would have answered your concern.
Sideshow has great customer service, they are very responsive via email or phone, but we are all human, no one is perfect, miscommunication and misunderstanding happen - From that to 'New Customer Policy' is a long long way.

Akamonrg, sorry for any confusion. The option for a replacement was always there, but it may have gotten lost in the rest of the information the rep was giving you. When the rep wrote:

Please note however, if you accept the Sideshow Collectibles credit or the discounted refund, the case will be closed and you will not be eligible for a further refund or an exchange on this item.

The underlined bit addresses option of getting an exchange. Like I said it was a bit buried but the offer is there. Please respond back to the email and let the rep know you would like the replacement. Sorry for any confusion and if you ever have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact our customer service department. We can usually help clear any confusion in a matter of minutes.

No doubt that sideshow will exchange, I wrote it in my first message here:

But in the first mail, sorry to told this was not as clear as you told.
Why just don't write it directly.
Put a third option to ask I can exchange.
Honestly, this is the first time sideshow reply me something like that.
Other past case they simply told me "sorry to see broken, will exchange with a complete new one" or "sorry to see broken, no more stock will refund".
Not something like this.

As I wrote I'm sure there will be an exchange (even if I need a third mail to explain all trouble my my joker PF as the second one was for the body only when this is not the only things that came with problem), but sending this sort of mail when you spend 350 $ and received something with trouble is not what I expect from a customer service.

Thanks to understand my point of view as a collector.

Yeah, after having the sticky Terminator PF jacket problem, SSC told me to use baby powder on it to keep the jacket from sticking to the sculpt.

And since the problem didn't manifest until after 30 days, they refused to give me a full refund (I would have had to eat original shipping and return shipping).

Pretty ridiculous IMO, and a pretty drastic shift from what their customer service has been like in the past in my experience.

There does seem, to me, to be a little bit of a shift away from collectors in the customer service department. Lately, I had the misfortune of having to deal with one of the newb CS reps. What was "no problem" a year ago with more than one CS rep seems to be an absolute offensive proposition, now.

Of course, Sideshow has the right to do business as they see fit. And I am guessing that the pathetic sense of entitlement that they get from what seems to be 80% of the collectors, based on all the pathetic whining I see in this forum, likely has something to do with it.

I am not going to let the situation stop me from doing business with them and I'll make the adjustments I need to make to keep their policies from annoying me. But I do feel a sense of loss at what seems to me to be a distancing of Sideshow from the customers.

Pity...I remember when the collaboration was alot of fun.

This kind of response is not new. Twice I have had similar replies on broken items, but I was offered a full replacement too.

There does seem, to me, to be a little bit of a shift away from collectors in the customer service department. Lately, I had the misfortune of having to deal with one of the newb CS reps. What was "no problem" a year ago with more than one CS rep seems to be an absolute offensive proposition, now.

Of course, Sideshow has the right to do business as they see fit. And I am guessing that the pathetic sense of entitlement that they get from what seems to be 80% of the collectors, based on all the pathetic whining I see in this forum, likely has something to do with it.

I am not going to let the situation stop me from doing business with them and I'll make the adjustments I need to make to keep their policies from annoying me. But I do feel a sense of loss at what seems to me to be a distancing of Sideshow from the customers.

Pity...I remember when the collaboration was alot of fun.

I couldn't agree more. I have found that they are a lot less flexible and accommodating than they used to be.

A lot of requests I make now have been rejected where in the past it was always a yes. Maybe people were taking advantage.

But, yes they are a business, not a charity and they don't have to be. It's just a shame to see a company that used to bend over backwards in terms of customer service head away from this.

Last edited:
I had my first piss poor experience with Sideshow customer service this year also. After years and years of nothing but stellar customer service.

Its definitely not what it used to be. Which is a shame since it was the number one reason to buy from Sideshow.

I assume as their quality control has gone down they have had to adopt new customer service policies to adjust for the amount of returns/refunds they are dealing with.

Back