New Custom SALLAH Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was an art major and dabbled in comic book penciling for years.... I'm just a bit out of practice artistically but moreover I need to practice painting heads in general.

My creative juices are finally flowing again now that I've changed my lifestyle a bit.

^^^

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Hrm-rPSCIBw?fs=1&hl=en_US">
</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Hrm-rPSCIBw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:D

Last edited:
Can't see that at work Ski... I got that German Sniper shirt and I like it much better than the one I had in place. I dyed it last night so assuming the color comes out right I'm going to swap them.

With regards to Sallah's robe..and even Indy's map room robe... I have been looking at using the Hasbro-Cairo Swordsmans black robe and making a pattern from it. With some tweaking and the right material I think it would work. I looked through the threads to see if this had already been mentioned and didn't see anything. If I overlooked it and this has already been suggested please forgive my mistake. Another little detail for Indy's robe is the small decorative edge trimming that is sewn around the ends of the cuffs and also around the neck and down the front seam. This is really a remarkable place with so many creative and helpful folks and I just wanted to share an idea as well.
Regards, Palmettojoe.

Did you drill out the slot for the fabric on his turban Les? Or just glue two pieces into the slots?

I superglued a fold in the top of the extra cloth parts, once set, cut them clean across at the correct width for each slot, so they would fit well, then made sure each had the right hang and all, wet them some to make them pliable, the glued each into each slot working with them. Took minutes. Once it's set, and you futz the shapes hanging, you're dun. Easy. Just prepaint the cloth bits. Then you have to go back and touch up the turban to match a bit. It changes it some once they are in place. My angle after attachment was, make the turban match the cloth better, and not fight it the other way around.
Hope that helps.

Made my TORCH today....

TORCH1.jpg

Thanks, guys!

Getting all my Sallah work done today. Dyed the tunic + skirt...painted the sash... outfit's ready to go...

SallahFinalClothes1.jpg

Better pic of shirt color...tricky to get that tan, sand, somewhat gray color...

ShirtDyed.jpg

Hi All

Wor-Gar - Your gear fo Sallah looks brillant I can't wait to see it complete.

Indiana - Excellent looking Sallah mate, I'll have to get this HS once I complete my boulder dio.

Ron

Thanks for all the kind words, especially on the torch!

Indiana: your Sallah's vest is great and very accurate with the blue stripes. And that Marion dress is awesome! Really well done. Would love to know where you got that.

Back