New Cop Joker Image + another added 03/27

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
CopJokerT2.jpg

Hot Toys reveals first MMS DX figure! - Some of you may have received an evidence bag from Hot Toys a week earlier, with a piece of purple swatch and an unheard series name – MMS DX. What is the secret behind these clues? We are pleasantly surprised that some collectors on forums hit the correct answers! If you are not sure, click on our 2nd teaser to get more clues right now!

Great appreciations to our collectors who have made our MMS line a success, we think we can do it better, and that's why the MMS DX series is formed. So what is MMS DX? Our MMS DX series presents upgraded high-end collectibles by adding more life-like elements and brand new techniques invented by our in-house engineers. This is a good news for figure addicts everywhere, as you will see an exceptional 1/6 collectible you have never had!

Today, we are delighted to unveil more details of our MMSDX01 - The Joker. This 1/6 scaled villain masquerading as a Police Honor Guard, dressing in highly detailed police uniform features a metallic flag badge, embossed badges and holding a M1 Garand. Plus, a non make-up Joker head sculpt which captures his cold stare and horrific smile truly to his appearance in The Dark Knight movie! Once again, this amazing sculpture was worked by the perfect partners - Yulli & JC Hong. This figure has became the hottest topic on forums after our first teaser has been revealed last month. Check out more about this unique Joker collectible by below link.

You can expect to hear our BIG announcement about our first MMS DX collectible within this month, and our Creative Team plans to have a lot of fun with future releases! Keep your eyes glued on our weekly newsletters for more information.

From the new newsletter-
https://www.hottoys.com.hk/ftpshare/newsletter/20090325/index.html

And here's a new one-
MMSDX01_Joker_3T.jpg

Last edited:
Re: New Cop Joker Image

Nice. Only thing that looks weak is the gloves since their sculpted and not material. So they look like Mickey Mouse hands. :lol

Doesnt look much like heath ledger, which it very much should do!!! too much of a stubble shadow along the chin/jaw, too horrific on the scars and the eye brows don't look right!

What Joker in the background? New Joker?

Great appreciations to our collectors who have made our MMS line a success, we think we can do it better, and that's why the MMS DX series is formed. So what is MMS DX? Our MMS DX series presents upgraded high-end collectibles by adding more life-like elements and brand new techniques invented by our in-house engineers. This is a good news for figure addicts everywhere, as you will see an exceptional 1/6 collectible you have never had!

This opens up a whole new arena... could a perfect Hicks be in the works?

Face looks very life-like, eyes look great, mouth in this shot looks strange, but the teaser lighting looked perfect, so I imagine this'll be a face where some lighting favors the face and other setups not as much.

Going by the look of the Joker in the background, I'm thinking this one will include his purple coat with the grenade rigging from the mob meeting. It very much looks like the one hand is up in the air like when he holds the string to set them off and his left side looks like a hand is holding the coat open just like that scene. That'd be a cool way to get a better purple coat with this figure.

This opens up a whole new arena... could a perfect Hicks be in the works?

I think it's just wording, but you never know with Hot Toys. I hope it means a RAMBO figure is on the way to complete that line, if he came with the big 50 caliber machine gun that'd certainly make him a deluxe and take the figure beyond a standard MMS.

I don't like the MMS DX idea so far.......
We spend enough on the MMS series. What is stopping them from releasing MMS DX figures for every MMS figure that sells well. Isn't MMS high-end enough? Doesn't sound good for my wallet hence the complaint.

As for the sculpt I agree with the majority so far...doesn't seem Heath enough.

WOW. How can people not see Ledger in there?? It looks exactly like what Heath looked like in that 2 second clip.

And wow, an improved coat with grenade rig. Fully awesome.

Can anyone determine whether the head on the pic with the rigged coat is the BR head or is it new? could probably tell by the hair... don't have mine on me right now to check

Well until we get full details on this figure, I think what differentiates DX releases from standard MMS is still a bit mysterious, but I imagine it'll be reserved for cases where they feel it would benefit the figure to go over and beyond what they'd do for a regular MMS release of it.

As long as A) the price difference isn't insane, and B) critical characters or whatever aren't exclusively done as DX and never standard releases to if the price is dramatically higher, I'm fine with this, but if you're talking around $200 and figures I'll really want are done this way when they could easily and undissappointingly be made as standard MMS, it'll piss me off.

Can anyone determine whether the head on the pic with the rigged coat is the BR head or is it new? could probably tell by the hair... don't have mine on me right now to check

:chew It's not the BR, I'm looking at mine right now and the strands of hair on the left side of his head are different than what shows in the new Cop image, so unless photo manipulations happened or something, that's a different head, and presumably, if I'm right about the grenade coat, it'll be a mob meeting painted head, please be my dream head, please please and no ^^^^ing posed eyes.

is it just me or.... i think this one will have extra joker head sculpt :google
i mean, look at the joker with his purple coat behind it. the hair looks different!!

and yeah, i guess it will include the grenade too

Allright!! Another 2 killer Yulli heads!

The only problem is - how many Jokers can I have in my display?! 4? 5??? The possibilities...

Given affordability, I'm in for almost any Joker, I loved the performance and really enjoy the collectibles, and Hot Toys seems smart enough to only do it when they can really give variety. Cop, BR and standard plus now a potential second standard but with goodies that'll set it easily apart from the first on a display is all good.

I'm getting the FML mob meeting, and for the same reason I hope this is a mob meeting head too. Everything about the mob meeting was my favorite portrait stuff for Joker, the makeup, the various facial expressions, just the coolest. That boiling rage look in his eyes, "no I'm not...no...I'm...not...", I love it.

Back