New collector. Devon UK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gasdoc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all (and especially UK based collectors),

Started statue collecting in April (although I had some original comic art and other pieces before) and although beginning to slow down have still got a problem lol :slap.

Currently: I have mostly pfs/1/4 scale pieces on display

Gambit reg pf (awesome-would only replace with ex)
Thor reg pf (comic version)-again awesome-would only replace if got ex
Conan the prize ex
Arnie T-800 pf ex. You will think I am mad but had the 1/4 scale T-800 endoskeleton and sold it in favour of this (as not into shrines just the best version of a character for me). The pose is great as is the paint app on mine...like having a mini arnie lol
Mystique comiquette reg: yummy get away with it with the wife cos she is blue
Darth Talon ex pf: yummy get away with it with the wife cos she is red
Vampirella pf ex: dont get away with it...wiife barely tolerates it lol
Wolverine pf ex
Sabretooth pf ex
Punisher comiquette ex
She hulk pf ex. Think this is an underated piece. Sexy but dressed. Great head sculpt, Great paint app on mine and fantastic base.
Spiderman comiquette reg
Princess Leia pf ex (for the future droids lol)
Ms Marvel reg pf
Boba Fett pf
Darth Maul pf (Darth Talons better half???!!!!!!!??)

On preorder:

Got into this before dc really started :clap

Joker reg from european retailer (bah humbug-missed po on this)
Batman ex pf
Poison Ivy ex pf
Storm pf ex..one of my favourite x-men. Was and am still disappointed with this one of what i have seen..but still getting her ...Had to go ex for obvious reasons lol
Dark rider on steed (NRD stopping me cancelling me at present-but not feeling the love now I have had one lotro piece..They are nice but feel the sculpts dont fit in with what I am mainly collecting or attracted to..dont really know why as huge fan of book and movies)

I have the following reg on preorder with forbidden planet:

The droids

I will of course have that SUPERMAN pf. So tempted to buy galactus---:slap and deadpool pf...50;50 on the new shaak ti pf...would go well with Talon

Loving the hawkeye pf as well. No need for the ex though so waiting that one out

In the attic...for fund re-dispersal:

Currently have a gollum pf, vampirella ex comiquette (my wife would kill me if I tried displaying lol), lara croft ex pf

Had but SOLD: T-800 endo skeleton, Psylocke pf ex, Dagger comiquette, Scarlet Witch comiquette (wife hated her...you are probably seeing a pattern here lol. The pf is awful though IMO), Black queen comiquette (again guess why I sold lol)

Few bishoujo pieces scattered around:

Catwoman
Poison Ivy
Dark Phoenix (Huge Phoenix fan/Jean Grey Fan...cmon sideshow!!!!!)
Emma Frost (again dislike every sideshow piece so far....thinking of picking up a cheap pf and organizing a custom portrait if sideshow have finished with her)

PO Wonderwoman, X-23 variant, Black widow variant

Darth Vader Ridell bust

Bowen Jean Grey full size Jim Lee version

Gentle Giant Yoda clone wars maquette

Gentle Giant Sucker Punch: Sweet Pea. I NEED a babydoll (but waiting to see what impact the sideshow piece has)

Original Comic art:

Jim Lee Doctor Doom Black Ink sketch
Randy queen Vampirella: Coloured Ink pin-up/cover

Would love to save up for a massive painted piece for the wall

First appearances collection:

New Mutants 98: CGC 9.6. First appearance Deadpool
Uncanny Xmen 266: CGC 9.8. First appearance of Gambit
X-Men 101: CGC 9.6. First appearance of Phoenix (its the best I can do for you Jean atm...sideshow cmon!:pray:)

NYX 1 to 7 NM: X-23 first appearance.
Star Wars Legacy 1 NM: Darth Talon first appearance
New mutants 87: Cable first appearance
Batman 366: Jason Todd first appearance as Robin. Joker story as bonus

PF wants: Jean of course, the DC babes dressed so that dont quite offend the wife lol, and a really good tyrion lannister pf (its probably only me lol)

Searching for: Gentle Giant Babydoll 1/4 scale for reasonable price. May just buy the pf or monitor prices on the gentl;e giant piece after its on EBay

Oddments

Original 1977 c3p0, r2-d2 toys figs from my youth (my son has the rest ...I know do I sell the lot for a £100 in played in state or let hiim get another generations of enjoyment at of them---went with the latter--same with the at-at...it was missing a gun anyway)

A pewter discworld (Pratchett), a coat of arms for the city watch and the guild of assassins (I am an anaesthetist or as it is known an anaesthesiologist in the states so I find that one mildly amusing for lots of reasons...................;)). Clarecraft discworld bookends

A light up/sounds effects Tardis and sonic screwdriver that doubles as an actual screwdiver...so actually useful...although to be honest I mostly use to pretend to fix childrens toys with the sonic bit lol

Best You Tube feeds for me: BruceCamblzChin on this forum: SUBSCRIBED! ..very funny and actually I think really informative reviews. Thats why I bought the arnie pf and ms marvel pf. I marvel at some of the big collectors and reviewers as well...very informative. Statuehunter75 and madxcollector come to mind!

Thats it

Best wishes

Gas

Last edited:
wavesmile.gif
:welcome1: to the :FREAK: Show, Daryl! :duff
wavesmile.gif

That's a really good collection you have there! :clap

Hi there. I will be posting pictures ASAP but my collection is still in flux at the moment and I am need to get the collection photo ready. Building a second shelved area as we speak and buying led strip lights as I pass by Ikea this weekend..etc...Its a work in process lol

Hi there. I will be posting pictures ASAP but my collection is still in flux at the moment and I am need to get the collection photo ready. Building a second shelved area as we speak and buying led strip lights as I pass by Ikea this weekend..etc...Its a work in process lol

Just as and when mate...but it sounds like it's going to be....(in Patrick Stewart's voice) "EPIC!!!!"

Hello and Cheers...seems like I should have got into this hobby years ago..but somehow missed it.

Same, I think it might have something to do with being based in the UK. Comic book stores and places selling collectibles and model kits are not as numerous as in other countries. For example I can count on one hand how many decent outlets there are in Glasgow catering to our interests: Forbidden Planet, A1 comics, Static Games, Pippens Toys. As a child, my best source of comics and toys would have been John Menzies/WHSmith and the decent high street places that are now virtually non existent (remember Beaties?). The local newsagents had (and still do) have a piss poor offering of comics with a not too helpful owner.

Cities in Scotland are also spaced far apart so if I don't feel like travelling (and using up fuel) then online shopping is the next best option.

Sounds like a varied and colourful collection you have there. :)

Agreed: I live in rural devon so it takes time and money to travel anywhere and that travel is limited in my spare time due to family commitments. This unfortunately means no forbidden planet visit when last in London due to other activites. In this area all the comic shops I travel to seem poorly stocked for my needs. They have few things that I havent read and fewer collectibles (Bishoujo only at my nearest city store!!). I came across the hobby more from coming across some batman collectibles in T3 magazine, leading me to reviews of sideshow products on youtube rather than from local vendors.

In respect to the varied collection. I agree... think its because I am just getting sculpts I really like atm and dont feel any real pull towards collecting everything in a specific line (eg I have only interest in baby doll and sweet pea in the SP line). I certainly dont need more of one character, just the best sculpt to represent my interest in that film, character or book. DC is my thing luckily and I seemed to have timed my entry well lol.

BW Gas

Last edited:
My exposure to collectibles began with a few bits and pieces. A Serenity replica, a few Batlestar Galactica insignia pins, then I came across 1/6 figures by chance. Ah, the internet is a wonderful place. Your eclectic collecting is a bit like what I do. For example, I have one Iron Man, the Mk 6, and probably won't buy another.

After a year lol. Finally got round to filming the collection for those that want to see it. Its really evolved since I started collecting a year ago. Space limitations have led to some difficult decisions. I now focus on 1/4 scale pfs based on comic art and I will be over time dedicate more of the collection to the DC license. Large pieces are a problem for me with the space I have with one (skaar) in storage at present. I may move in the future and then you never know the cinema room/statue collection of my dreams may become a reality lol.

Collection here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKfDt_yepS0&feature=youtu.be

Best wishes Gas

Welcome fellow West Country collector!! That is quite a collection :wave

Back