New Cinemaquettes - Aragorn, Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

I will update my previous post. Viking asked Brant in chat today about the rumour of Viggo not wanting an exact likeness and Brant said no it was not true.

Of course, that gives me mixed feelings. Now no one really has an excuse. Why can't anyone nail Viggo's likeness? :dunno

He's just one of those guys....Look at him....I mean he even looks NOTHING like Aragorn without his make up and costumes on!

Leia/Carrie Fisher is knd of that way too!

I think it's fine with these....I feel like it is of ARAGORN rather than Viggo playing ARAGORN.

It must look like Viggo for me to buy him. Right now, no chance in hell I would buy it.

No, they are NOT Sideshow....They are made buy CINEMAQUETTE.

I'm in for ARAGORN, GANDALF, LEGOLAS and INDY!!!

Since SS appears to have kicked but with Predator. Indy and Jack Sparrow will be the only Cinemaquettes I will consider at this point.

I agree with Azog. I think if the eyes were done properly, then this piece could be fantastic. Still waiting for Alien pics.

Sorry about the glare- this is huge, at least 3 feet, probably more.

Aragorn and Alien are supposed to be out this year with Sparrow and Indy and the other LotR and Predator next year.

cmq-alien.jpg

They just scanned Depp apparently -
cmq-sparrow.jpg

That Alien is VERY cool. The Cinemaquette one will be WAAAY out of my range if it's 3 feet tall. I really hope Sideshow makes a Predator "companion" piece like this of the Alien. Great piece!

That Alien piece is AWESOME. I must have it!

:)

I guess Stan Winston let Sideshow release the Predator first and they Cinemaquette gets the Alien first.

Thanks for the film Azog....What does it say on the base he's standing on?
Man, I like the aragorn the more I look at it....I think I'm in for one! God, I hope Indy looks good!
The Alien look exceptional, but I just cannot afford anymore stuff! ....I can't even afford what I have on order! :bang

That Alien piece is AWESOME. I must have it!

This is exactly what's going through my head... But how the hell do I sneak this one past my wife... :x

I'm tempted to sell may Cave Troll or Wiki Trueform to fund (1) Cinemaquette purchase. But which one?

T-800
Alien

or do I hold out for :

Indy
Predator

Oh, perhaps some day we will see a Chris Reeve as Superman...

Reeve would be #1 for me too....him or Indiana Jones.

I have Arnold (T-850) on order. That's it so far.

Everything looks perfect with this Alien piece. I love the pose and base.

It will most likely cost $1250 or so....

Jeff,

Would you hock Cavey or Wiki for your favorite Cinemaquette? I know you mentioned that you sold many of your weta peices to go premium...

BTW, nice HT...I'll have to consolidate pics of mine to one page so I can share. I wish I had a separate media and collectible room. Mine are all displayed in my dedicated HT room.

I would hold on to Cave Troll. I wish I still had mine at times.

I liked the Wiki too but he's not worth the $1200. I sold mine for $1500 to fund other statues.

As for Cinemaquettes, not sure yet. I will let you know what I think of Arnold in a couple of weeks, once he arrives.

A friend has the T-X and it's amazing how nice the quality is.

That Alien looks excellent, I wonder if they will do an Alien queen.? That would be around 3 feet at least. I'm happy with my bust though.

Would you hock Cavey or Wiki for your favorite Cinemaquette? I know you mentioned that you sold many of your weta peices to go premium...

WW, I would definitely sell the Wiki. Granted, I've never owned one, but there's no way that I would keep a statue that originally cost $150 to make when I could have a piece the quality of the Cinemaquettes (or the SS Predator for that matter) at the same price.

I am starting to be in the market for HUGE pieces and the SS/W stuff doesn't really cut it anymore. The Cave Troll DOES cut it, though, and I definitely would keep that one. The only small pieces I have coming that I really want are KOTD and the Battle Troll.

Oh, and to answer your question: If I was going to buy one Cinemaquette shown so far it would definitely be the T-800. Indy looks like a must as well.

Back