New Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sam Wilson has been announced as new Captain America

https://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/7/16/22895/its_time_for_an_all-new_captain_america

cap17n-1-web.jpg

Immonen is my favorite current Marvel artist so I'm excited that he'll be working on Cap. I'm also excited about Sam Wilson taking over the role (even though we all know it will be very temporary.) What I don't immediately love are the wings in the suit. Reminds me of that one "Amalgam" universe between Marvel and DC where they fused two characters together to make a bunch of new heroes.

Well, now I guess we could call him...*puts on shades*

Captain Falcon

hidden05_080222a-l.jpg

YEEEEEAAAAAAHH!

But yeah, Stuart Immonen is currently one of my favorite artists working for the comic industry at the moment as well.

Immonen is my favorite current Marvel artist so I'm excited that he'll be working on Cap. I'm also excited about Sam Wilson taking over the role (even though we all know it will be very temporary.) What I don't immediately love are the wings in the suit. Reminds me of that one "Amalgam" universe between Marvel and DC where they fused two characters together to make a bunch of new heroes.

In the other pics of Sam in the suit he has no wings so maybe it was just a one shot kind of thing?

In the other pics of Sam in the suit he has no wings so maybe it was just a one shot kind of thing?

Sounds like they will be retractable.

Remender paints a picture of Sam’s specially designed suit, incorporating the wings of the Falcon persona while still bearing the unmistakable stars and stripes of the Captain America role:

“Historically, Falcon would often act as air support, flying Steve into the battle. Why not merge the two? He pops the wings, and as he flies, he keeps the shield latched onto his back. He dives down onto the scene, hurls the shield, wings retract, and rolls into a kick or jump, catches the shield on the way back. He doesn’t have the super soldier serum, but he has the added zing-zang-zoom of flight.”

Yeah, without the serum Falcon isn't going to carry Cap's torch. Let him keep the wings to stay in the game. Works for me. Yes the whole thing is gimmicky has been done before and bla bla bla but Falcon really is the best choice for Steve to hand pick as his replacement. I'm in for now. :)

First off I love the Falcon, going back to my Mego doll and 45 book and record set in the seventies as well as my cherished Captain America and the Falcon comics themselves. He was the first partner to my childhood favorite character that I was aware of and so holds a special place with me. Let me attempt to articulate what I now believe to be my biggest problem with Sam becoming Captain America. Simply he is the Falcon. A well established character in his own right and a long time member of the Avengers. Becoming Captain America seems to me to somehow lessen his persona as the Falcon. It is as if Steve says who I am is more important so you give up who you are. To me that doesn't ring true for either character. I have always seen them more as equals then say Cap and Bucky, Batman and Robin, or Electra Woman and Dyna Girl :naughty. Besides the fact that Sam's powers and skills are not all that well suited to the role as say Bucky's were. All in all this just doesn't sit well with me .

First off I love the Falcon, going back to my Mego doll and 45 book and record set in the seventies as well as my cherished Captain America and the Falcon comics themselves. He was the first partner to my childhood favorite character that I was aware of and so holds a special place with me. Let me attempt to articulate what I now believe to be my biggest problem with Sam becoming Captain America. Simply he is the Falcon. A well established character in his own right and a long time member of the Avengers. Becoming Captain America seems to me to somehow lessen his persona as the Falcon. It is as if Steve says who I am is more important so you give up who you are. To me that doesn't ring true for either character. I have always seen them more as equals then say Cap and Bucky, Batman and Robin, or Electra Woman and Dyna Girl :naughty. Besides the fact that Sam's powers and skills are not all that well suited to the role as say Bucky's were. All in all this just doesn't sit well with me .

Sam Wilson became Falcon because Cap recommended that he get a costume and put his fighting skills to use as a superhero. Sam wasn't Falcon independent of Cap (at least in the beginning.) So I'm fine with him following his friend's recommendation again and taking on the mantle of the greatest superhero of all. :)

Hmm..interesting. First Bucky and now Falcon.

This will work for a while but I see the same as we always do, eventually Captain America will be Steve Rogers again. They "killed" Bucky-Cap off and Rogers took up the mantle again and I'm sure it'll be something similar with Falcon.

Back